Koji Igarashi announces Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, launches Kickstarter page

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
So I ended up funding this for the $60 physical edition - I had originally intended to get the PS4 version...but will I be able to get the Wii U version or Vita one?

Kinda tempted to get this on Vita instead tbh.

Now that it's over they will send out a email asking which console you want it on which includes WiiU and Vita

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Now that it's over they will send out a email asking which console you want it on which includes WiiU and Vita

Ah gotcha, thats good to know. I guess I have some time before I need to decide, lol...

I doubt it will happen, but would be cool if there was some cross-save functionality between the PS4 and Vita versions.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Ah gotcha, thats good to know. I guess I have some time before I need to decide, lol...

I doubt it will happen, but would be cool if there was some cross-save functionality between the PS4 and Vita versions.

There will be cross save for PS4/Vita, it was mentioned when the Vita stretch goal was hit

TheBigBB

Formerly known as dmhawkmoon
I'm totally happy to play the same games with new levels and only a few changes. Everyone talks about innovative games and whatnot. The most maligned stuff in gaming history was hated because developers tried too hard to innovate. The Power Pad, ROB the Robot, the Virtual Boy, the Tony Hawk: Ride Skateboard, The Sega Activator, The Power Glove, U-Force. Nobody wants that garbage. As far as games that were innovative purely on the software side, it takes only a few years for everyone to make a million clones of anything good. Remember when DOTA was a really innovative take on the RTS genre? Now there are 45 clones of it. What did that innovation get you? A few years later and everyone will just complain that the formerly innovative game is played out. Is the expectation that every month a brand new smash hit innovation is going to come out? It's not feasible. Give me more well-designed levels on the same games I already love, please.

Last edited:

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Pfdx797.png

cHYWiJk.png

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
still looks absolutely gorgeous though.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Less "Indivisible," more "Rondo of Blood (PSP)."

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
That looks a hell of a lot different then I expected. Wasn't this supposed to be hand drawn 2d?

No. He said early on it would be 3D models cause it would be cheaper and take less time

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
No. He said early on it would be 3D models cause it would be cheaper and take less time

Good to know. I didn't really do too much research into it since I refuse to participate in Kickstarter. I'll reserve judgment till I play it, but I'm kinda less excited about it now tbh.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
That looks a whole lot better than the initial test they showed sometime ago:

I was still ok with it (seemed on par with MNo.9), but now I'm excited.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Yeah that's what has me nervous. Rondo plays like ass with 3D models.

I think he's using Unreal 4 with this, UDK makes physics/collision detection easy (Probably why a number of fighting games have started to use it), so he has no excuse to fuck this up.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I think he's using Unreal 4 with this, UDK makes physics/collision detection easy (Probably why a number of fighting games have started to use it), so he has no excuse to fuck this up.

The problem with platformers using 3d engines (UDK/UE/Unity) is that people use their realistic integrated physics instead of programming their own algorithms/routines like in the 16bit era. Itis more work, of course, but once you create a nice set of tools the final result is order of magnitude better. 2D action platforming games never had realistic movement, just felt "right".

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Kickstarter update just dropped a few hours ago. If you weren't getting good vibes from this game before, try this:

Also, backers get a playable demo on Windows at around E3 time!

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Looks pretty floaty. Also weird how she clips through the wooden platforms to go down. That doesn't translate very well to 3D visually.

Still worth keeping an eye on.

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
it looks very reminiscent of the rondo remake on psp, which turned my stomach and made me nauseous while playing. I did back this but I guess the joke's on me for actually expecting sprites in it. (sad trombone)

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Looks fine to me so far.

I have the demo coming at E3 since I backed it at $150 so should be interesting to try out.