Koji Igarashi announces Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, launches Kickstarter page

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Are you in denial? This is clearly an igavania without the CV ip.

There is no denial, sage. While it may be an "igavania" there are no Belmonts. Its a new IP with a new plot, bestiary, and lore. Mighty No. 9 is literally all things Mega Man.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
He should made this a contravania...it could work

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
There is no denial, sage. While it may be an "igavania" there are no Belmonts. Its a new IP with a new plot, bestiary, and lore. Mighty No. 9 is literally all things Mega Man.

Well, there are some new mechanics. You can't hurt a boss or kill an enemy unless you sort of "dash" into them. You can string combos doing this for higher scores. It's really fun!

Also, from what I can tell, beating bosses doesn't give you they're weapons. I think they open doors for you in other levels. It may be different in the final product, but that's what I surmise from playing the 3-level build.

That said, yeah, I could swear I was reliving bubble man's stage at times.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
- 2.5D
- a chance to breakaway from Castlevania, its Bosses, Bestiary, and lore. Start fresh.
- Continue forward with a platformer with action RPG elements in a gothic setting on a console.
- Use of current gen console and PC Hardware.

I consider that radically different than say Inafune just taking Mega Man and rebranding him Mighty No. 9 and mixing elements from previous titles with a few new things.

Mighty No.9 has all the same points you listed going for it. Igarashi and Inafune are both doing what the know and do best, that is all. Both games are spiritual successors to their respective forbears; if you consider this Bloodstained project to be radically different based on the reasons you stated, then by your own set of rules, so too is MN9.

Either way, MN9 is proving to be fun so far based on the beta, and I'm sure Bloodstained will be as well once a build is ready.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Mighty No.9 has all the same points you listed going for it. Igarashi and Inafune are both doing what the know and do best, that is all. Both games are spiritual successors to their respective forbears; if you consider this Bloodstained project to be radically different based on the reasons you stated, then by your own set of rules, so too is MN9.

Either way, MN9 is proving to be fun so far based on the beta, and I'm sure Bloodstained will be as well once a build is ready.

Hopefully Bloodstained doesn't go thru the same mismanaged mess MN9 did.

Both games can be considered taking the body off a car, utilizing its (core) frame and building around it. When we actually start seeing more of Bloodstained we can truly tell the recycling of content like beastiary.

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So for anyone who didn't already know, looks like this is getting a Wii U port, and potentially a Vita one as well, (if they hit $3.5 million...currently at $3.1)

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I'm thinking about getting the Wii U version...

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
So for anyone who didn't already know, looks like this is getting a Wii U port, and potentially a Vita one as well, (if they hit $3.5 million...currently at $3.1)

My ears perked up at the Vita news, might still get the Quad version and just buy the Vita port

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I'm in for a physical Wii U copy. The map on the gamepad screen sounds awesome, just like the DSvanias.

If they decide to offer a DRM free PC/Linux version I will double dip, but right now it's Steam only.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
And Vita stretch goal passed

How many stretch goals are gonna get passed before this thing ends?

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I'm in for a physical Wii U copy. The map on the gamepad screen sounds awesome, just like the DSvanias.

If they decide to offer a DRM free PC/Linux version I will double dip, but right now it's Steam only.

Your comment isn't spiteful, but I've seen some DRM/Steam displeasure in the past. Isn't a Steam version more DRM friendly than a physical copy on a console? How many people are saying "fucking Steam DRM" and buying physical copies of games?

Educate me here.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
And Vita stretch goal passed

How many stretch goals are gonna get passed before this thing ends?

I hope the goal for a 3rd playable character gets met, I'm not in love with the Shanoa lookalike.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Your comment isn't spiteful, but I've seen some DRM/Steam displeasure in the past. Isn't a Steam version more DRM friendly than a physical copy on a console? How many people are saying "fucking Steam DRM" and buying physical copies of games?

Educate me here.
A physical copy of a game can be bought used, sold, traded, lent, borrowed, gifted, rented, etc. And digital stores delist games all the time, but nobody's going to come take my physical copy.

Steam games can pretty much just be bought or gifted... that's it.

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member

Educate me here.

That dude is 'tarded....

But the GOG version will be DRM free.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire

I didn't even think about that, that's a great point. I was gonna do pc to ensure I could use an arcade stick. I may go wii u then.

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
For the physical editions: Is the game coming in a standard Wii U case or a slipcase? The mock up artwork looks like a standard case, but I see slipcase in the description.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
For the physical editions: Is the game coming in a standard Wii U case or a slipcase? The mock up artwork looks like a standard case, but I see slipcase in the description.

We won't know until it's over, all we know is it won't be or at least the cover won't be the same as the retail version

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
I got in on this at pretty much the last second. I had been excited for it from the second it was announced, but the only thing that kept me from backing sooner was not owning any of the current gen systems it was being made for (and no I don't play games on my laptop.) When it got to the Vita stretch goal I was excited since portable castlevania is ALWAYS a good thing, but I may have a ps4 or something later on, I wonder when I'll have to decide which system I'd like my copy for, hopefully it'll be closer to the release date.

Still very impressed that they initially only asked for $500,000 and ended up getting $5,500,000 :lolz:

neo_mao

15 Year Member
So I ended up funding this for the $60 physical edition - I had originally intended to get the PS4 version...but will I be able to get the Wii U version or Vita one?

Kinda tempted to get this on Vita instead tbh.