Koji Igarashi announces Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, launches Kickstarter page

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
Agree with this completely. The only thing about the above video that worries me is that the guy is actually listening to the haters. Dude, you made SOTN, just do your thing.

2b8a5cde5161c2745885d4ba53d6efed.jpg

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Did you watch the whole video?

Yea, it looks like PSP Castlevania.

Doll it up a little for 2019 3d Standards, Zoom out, and boost the frame rate.

Last edited:

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Agree with this completely. The only thing about the above video that worries me is that the guy is actually listening to the haters. Dude, you made SOTN, just do your thing.

He wasn't even the lead fucking director on SOTN, and every game since he was the lead director on was a lesser game that was essentially running off SOTN's fumes.

The dude's overhyped as shit. This game looks and animates like smouldering butt and you're a fanboy or in denial if you can't see that.

The bigger problem, though, is, looking at this, I can't think of a single reason I'd want to play this over just playing Super Metroid or SOTN again.

Do you get it, assholes? You have to actually take games forward. You can't just keep making "another one." How about something that's actually fresh? I see NOTHING in this one so far that wasn't already done better in SOTN. Lame.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
He wasn't even the lead fucking director on SOTN, and every game since he was the lead director on was a lesser game that was essentially running off SOTN's fumes.

The dude's overhyped as shit. This game looks and animates like smouldering butt and you're a fanboy or in denial if you can't see that.

The bigger problem, though, is, looking at this, I can't think of a single reason I'd want to play this over just playing Super Metroid or SOTN again.

Do you get it, assholes? You have to actually take games forward. You can't just keep making "another one." How about something that's actually fresh? I see NOTHING in this one so far that wasn't already done better in SOTN. Lame.

Still waiting on your 120 hz port of Metal Slug CliffyB.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
The only painful aspect of that video for me was watching that scrub playing; the needless hits he was taking in that boss fight made it hard to watch. Looks fun otherwise, and I'm sure I will enjoy the game

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

Hiroyuki Maruyama wasn't lead director on G-Darius and created Border Down with four others from Taito. According to him, being part of the G-Darius team was a crucial experience for Border Down and his company G.rev. You don't have to be up there, on top of the command chain, in order to create games that will live up to their source of inspiration. The rest is opinion.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

Hi, I'm Gohan and I approve this message.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire

Because it’s super fun and looks great at 3840x2160 at 60hz on my pc. I have the latest E3 demo and what they’ve presented is awesome, especially once you finish the prologue and get into the castle.

There are sooo many different classes of weapons, including guns and straight up martial arts. The crystal system isnt groundbreaking, but you can learn attacks from your enemies like Mega Man.

I’ve played it. It’s well-executed and gorgeous. I even stare at the save rooms.

Edited for typos.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
@Bulbousbeard: Yeah, but if it had some "iconic camels" in it, you'd be all over it.

Jon

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

y so angry about videogames

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
y so angry about videogames

Because there's always someone here who has to pick every single detail apart, be super negative, and rain on everyone parade.

I think the game looks great. I'll wait to bitch after I actually try it, if it sucks.

Last edited:

bulbousbeard

Aladdin on the Genesis has better art than this game. How embarrassing for them.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Day 2 already for the PS4. The game definitely delivers the 2D goods but I need to get further in before saying more.

bulbousbeard

Animation blows, and because the people who made it are retarded, the game actually requires an analog stick for some stupid door opening mechanic that isn't even fun anyway.

Hard pass if you have a brain. You're better off just replaying SOTN.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I’m satisfied. They’ve added more backstory since the demos, and there were no bookcases to read before. The game really picks up when you get into the castle, so I advise everyone to spend an hour in that area before judging the game.

I’ve really been looking forward to this and I’m glad it’s here!

bulbousbeard

I’m satisfied. They’ve added more backstory since the demos, and there were no bookcases to read before. The game really picks up when you get into the castle, so I advise everyone to spend an hour in that area before judging the game.

I’ve really been looking forward to this and I’m glad it’s here!

I couldn't even play the piece of shit because it requires a gamepad with an analog stick. So stupid.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I couldn't even play the piece of shit because it requires a gamepad with an analog stick. So stupid.

Get a job so you can buy one.
Or ask your mom for some allowance in advance.

Last edited:

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Something different to replaying SOTN for the 16th time, worth a spin

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I mean... All modern consoles have controllers with an analog stick so you prob have one already.

What, are you playing it on a Windows 98 box with a Microsoft sidewinder pad or something?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Animation blows, and because the people who made it are retarded, the game actually requires an analog stick for some stupid door opening mechanic that isn't even fun anyway.

Hard pass if you have a brain. You're better off just replaying SOTN.

Still waiting for your 120hz 60 fps Metal Slug port for the PC Warren Spector. Instead of complaining about it, why not create your game from scratch that blows this away?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I'm a ways into the castle. I want to like this game but I'm kinda "meh" on it so far. The game gets bogged down into too many RPG-ish elements: An overabundance of equipment, spells, and even cooking. And the story (played out with voices and text) is wordy and very stupid so far.

On the Xbox One X the controls are laggy (as they probably are in all versions) and I've noticed some frame skips in the busier areas, like the stormy weather on the ship in the intro.

Hoping the experience gets a little better.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Still waiting for your 120hz 60 fps Metal Slug port for the PC Warren Spector. Instead of complaining about it, why not create your game from scratch that blows this away?

I'm curious: Since bulbousbeard is, somewhat, local, have you ever had to deal with him in person? Couldn't imagine being around someone so negative.

Jon

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm curious: Since bulbousbeard is, somewhat, local, have you ever had to deal with him in person? Couldn't imagine being around someone so negative.

Jon

I don't think he is, I think he is southern Cali. Cause we are assholes here, but not dickheads like he is.