Koji Igarashi announces Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, launches Kickstarter page

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I'm cool with it...

Let the game be finished.

People want to rush the game, than gonna complain it isn't polished...

I was ok with the delay. Make a refined, finished game. I am really disappointed the vita version was canceled. Like Filthy said I was also hoping for one last hurrah from the vita not this bubblegum crap...

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm good with the delay, too. It doesn't mean the game will necessarily be worth the wait, but it definitely means it will be better than it is in its current state.

I have tons of tings to do between now and then.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Bummed about the delay, I wanna play the thing as I enjoyed the demo from what, 1990?

Still though, I guess it'll release when it releases.

I mean, all that time we waited for Duke Nukem was... worth... it?

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
I almost expect delays with these things. Shenmue 3 got pushed pack as well.

I will say this: I played through the E3 demo on my pc and it’s fantastic so far. Things really take off when you get into the castle (the huge catwalk you go through to get into main entrance really gives the game an ominous feel. In 4K it was bloody gorgeous. Even the save rooms made me say wow. Even in the little 2 hour demo I saw several different classes of weapons that were all unique.

The issues that I guess they’re working with now are unbalanced bosses and particularly fucked up lip syncing during the cut scenes.

Overall the game feels polished and professionally made. Let them finish it properly. It’s got potential.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I mean, all that time we waited for Duke Nukem was... worth... it?

Duke was good. Unfortunately as soon as it was released it was more or less a relic - a 90's FPS trying to ride on the success it's contemporaries. It honestly should have gotten cancelled back in the early 2000's.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Bloodstalled: Realization of the Naiveté

Bloodstopped: Rayphex of the Neck

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Duke Nukem Forever feels like a game from three different eras. There is fun to be had with it but the parts don't all fit together.

Duke should be able to carry more than two weapons because HE'S THE FUCKING DUKE.

Gog

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Holy shit the wait for this has been as long (almost) as the wait for Kraut Buster.

Still waiting on Toejam & Earl too, although I have a suspicion that might disappoint.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I’m expecting some mighty no 9 bullshit outta this

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I wasn't really interested in this, then I saw "CRAFTING" and now I'm really not interested.

twalden

Leona's Therapist
20 Year Member
Is this game ever coming out? This thread is going on 4 years old.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Launch window was announced for summer 2019. I’ve been really impressed with the e3 demos. I think it’s gonna be pretty cool.

GhostSeed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
10 Year Member
Limited Run is doing a physical release for Curse of the Moon next Friday.

curse_moon.jpg

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Release date + new graphics:

Also, for those worried about 30fps on the Switch, it looks fine to me (they blamed overheating for the inconsistant fps in the PAX build):

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
For those looking for the date w/out clicking a vid:

June 18 for ps4/xbox/pc

June 25 for switch

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I think the new updated art style is a lot better than the old one.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
It's hilarious how triumphant the video acts when it still looks like cheap shit.

Honestly, the animation was a bigger problem than the textures and lighting, and it looks like they didn't even touch that.

I wouldn't touch this with a 10 foot pole.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Also, for those worried about 30fps on the Switch, it looks fine to me (they blamed overheating for the inconsistant fps in the PAX build):

Sorry, turns out this is not from the Switch version. It runs at 60fps.

Dochartaigh

Edo Express Delivery Guy
For those looking for the date w/out clicking a vid:

June 18 for ps4/xbox/pc

June 25 for switch

I'll believe those dates when I actually get it in my hands.

For the comments about the quality of the animations, lighting, etc., I still play SoTN on my PS1 all the time (which is pretty klunky 240p)...so if I can deal with those graphics in this day and age, and STILL love playing that game, I'm honestly not worried about the graphics of the Xbox One version I ordered. As long as the gameplay mechanics don't stray too far from the original I still have high hopes.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I still play SoTN on my PS1 all the time (which is pretty klunky 240p)...so if I can deal with those graphics in this day and age, and STILL love playing that game, I'm honestly not worried about the graphics
Agree with this completely. The only thing about the above video that worries me is that the guy is actually listening to the haters. Dude, you made SOTN, just do your thing.