Koji Igarashi announces Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, launches Kickstarter page

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Koji Igarashi AND Vanillaware.

Looks just like one of their games.

Jon

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
My heart is so horny right now!

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
I was able to hold off on Mighty No. 9 because there were a zillion Mega Man games back in the day. Not sure I can pass this one up, though. The presence of 2D Castlevania titles on console is way too underutilized if anything because of Konami whoring out the license in attempts to create a 3D franchise. On a related topic, holy hell look at this kickstarter go! I swear it was at something like 140 earlier today and it has doubled since then.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Steam only for the PC version and no Wii U/last gen/handhelds=pass.

I'd back in a heartbeat for a DRM free PC version or a physical Wii U/PS3/360/Vita/3DS version.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I backed for $150 for the physical copy of the artbook and everything on the $100 package.

I've always believed in supporting projects and games I want to see more of. So there you go.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Steam only for the PC version and no Wii U/last gen/handhelds=pass.

I'd back in a heartbeat for a DRM free PC version or a physical Wii U/PS3/360/Vita/3DS version.

Have they committed to the DRM portion of steam? Most games don't.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
I was about to create a thread for this. I am happy its already over 400k. I'm backing this one hunnd

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
After thinking it over, I'm in as well. I'm guessing that Wii U is a hidden stretch goal... not sure about the previous gen consoles though.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Have they committed to the DRM portion of steam? Most games don't.
If it requires a Steam key to play/install, that's DRM. I don't care about any extra DRM procedures they may or may not choose to implement.

I have never bought anything digital with any form of DRM. PSN, Steam, XBL, eShop, iTunes, Google Play, Amazon, etc. Fuck 'em all.

I want GOG or Humble, where you literally just get an executable file with which you can do whatever you want.

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
Backed!!

Ive been doing a bunch of voting on swordorwhip.com and I cant contain my hype knowing this is happening now. Mighty No.9 drops in November and now I can look forward to this.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Looks interesting.... Not 100% sold on it. Handheld version would of been nice.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Looks interesting.... Not 100% sold on it. Handheld version would of been nice.

Me too. I mean I'm pretty certain I'd download once available, but I've yet to participate in any kickstarter - I'd really need to be sold on a game to do that...

But who am I kidding - a physical disc would be nice. And I am a sucker for art books.
Dammit.

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
It's a shame they couldn't get Ayami Kojima to do the concept art. The artstyle looks good, though a bit too generic anime at the moment. Hopefully the style will evolve during production. But in any case, I'm still pretty hyped about this.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Just watched the video. It's actually pretty funny. Love the wine glass and torture scenes.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Ah, why not. If they can really pull off that GGXrd look with the CV goodness...I'm in for $150

The artbooks get me every time.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Better be the best damn game ever.