Koji Igarashi announces Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, launches Kickstarter page

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Yeah, not real pumped on how this looks after dropping three figures on it

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
I think it looks pretty dope... not really sure what everyone else was expecting.

I'm ready for the demo.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Looks great so far. Seems to have everything I would want out it, and the fan service to sotn is immediately recognizable. Can't wait to play it!

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Played and enjoyed the demo. The controls feel a bit laggy, but if that gets tightened up, we could have a winner on our hands.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
This seems like it will play similar to the PSP Dracula X remake, which I enjoyed a lot. If they nail down the controls, as mentioned, it could be pretty cool.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Played the demo. Definitely not something I'm interested in. Graphics are 360 quality, art style is pretty derivative, controls are sluggish, the action is slow, and the enemies are braindead.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
So you don't want to play an Igarashi Castlevania game? Because except for the graphics, you've just described most of the Igarashi CV games.

Not an attack, just an observation.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I love SotN but didn't really get into the GBA games. I think the small screen really frustrated me, but I might retry them now that I have the GBA Player. And a few of the DS ones were OK. I think what I'm really getting at is that nothing's really changed since 1997. SotN will be 20 years old when this game is out. Even if the gameplay and mechanics were just as good as SotN, the dumbed down art style and graphics are a turn-off.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Not looking through 6 pages but it's looks like the 2D Bloodrayne game meets Muramasa. Not bad but was expecting a bit more.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Yeah I got that email too, but I thought the project was 3 years anyways? He launched it like mid 2015, so I thought it was mid 2018 when we got it, what was the original ETA do you remember?

Original eta was march 2017... Super disappointed. . Was half drunk got rhe email and watched a disgraced koji tell ne its delayed a year. Kinda pissed...

Splitt442

Raiden's Valet
10 Year Member
I ordered the Wii U physical copy.

The Wii U will be long dead by 2018... Goddamit.

Westcb

Original eta was march 2017... Super disappointed. . Was half drunk got rhe email and watched a disgraced koji tell ne its delayed a year. Kinda pissed...

Hah that sucks. Well my expectation was 2018 anyways so I won't worry too much. I ordered the wiiu version too so will be nice to have a new game come out on a system that won't see any games for about a year by the time it hits :-)

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they just cancel that version of the game. Other kickstarters (*cough* Hyper Light Drifter *cough*) have done it.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I really hope this doesn't go the way of Mighty No.9... if it does, I'm going to quit backing Kickstarters for good. Especially with these big-name developers going rogue.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member

Westcb

According to an update today they are now partnered with a publisher "505 Games" is that something they would have to have done anyways? Or is this unexpected?

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
According to an update today they are now partnered with a publisher "505 Games" is that something they would have to have done anyways? Or is this unexpected?

Maybe they can throw some Rocket League cash at this.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
I can't think of anything in this world worth waiting for for three years.

Its disappointing, but good things come to those that wait.

O wait in that video Iga seems disheartened... He doesnt evwn like whats in his game... It feels like he is losing control...

That is a sad video....

Last edited: