Majora's Mask New 3ds controls.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Has anyone played this with the new controls? I purchased and started playing on 3ds, and recently got the New 3ds. I'm curious if the new shoulder buttons allow you to use items on the 1 & 2 slot that you normally have to press on the touch screen. I'm at the Stone Temple and it's going to be super annoying using touch controls. I was hoping someone knows if there is more to the controls than the C-Stick viewing. I can not find a way to change my controls to New 3ds which is incredibly annoying. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this?

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I've been through he game a few times now, and as far as I've seen, no. The only change to the controls I know of was being able to turn off that damned gyroscopic aiming, which was a godsend of an option. Can't hit much of anything with that on, the targeting range is a nightmare with em. Granted, it wasn't as easy to find that option as it was in OoT 3D, but at least there's that.

Last edited:
Hit pause go to options and there should be motion controlled aiming (Sorry my 3DS isn't handy but I think that's right) ��

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
So, I've been wondering about these N64 games, are they really that much better on the 3DS or is it just more or less the same. I just get so alienated due to hyped fanboys.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
So, I've been wondering about these N64 games, are they really that much better on the 3DS or is it just more or less the same. I just get so alienated due to hyped fanboys.

They feel the same to me, although I prefer to play star fox on the 3ds vs the n64, same as the Zelda games. In fairness though I don't play the n64 much anymore at all, although I really liked the Fzero on it. They enhanced them for the better so it's some hype, but also pretty sweet to play on a portable. It's a shame they charge 40 bucks for those re releases, seems like they should be cheaper...

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I find they are done very well and the visuals make a great experience. There, however, isn't much for new content (OoT 3D has Master Quest, but its mirrored which really gave me a headache) but its essentially a pretty N64 on the go.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The 3DS Zelda versions run at higher, more steady frame rates, they have sharper graphics without altering the artstyle of the original games, and they have minor annoyances corrected (being able to hot swap the iron boots in the water temple via the touch screen, for example). They are the definitive releases of Ocarina and Majora, without question.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
The 3DS Zelda versions run at higher, more steady frame rates, they have sharper graphics without altering the artstyle of the original games, and they have minor annoyances corrected (being able to hot swap the iron boots in the water temple via the touch screen, for example). They are the definitive releases of Ocarina and Majora, without question.

Do PSX games get rereleased on Sony portable devices? I'm out of the loop. I tried searching, but got all emulator related information.

herb

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Do PSX games get rereleased on Sony portable devices? I'm out of the loop. I tried searching, but got all emulator related information.

You can buy some off of PSN and then play em on your PSP (not sure about Vita as I don't own one.) I'm not sure if they ever re-released PS1 games physically for the PSP.