MVS 4 slot

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have the dreaded cross hatch screen on my MVS 4 slot. I disassembled it today and cleaned the slots and boards. I also checked the battery and it really does not appear to have leaked at all. It appears to be on very good condition. I took a few snaps and found what I think may be some damage on the right hand side between b & c (3rd pic). Any advice would be great.

c114d3bf06a0d41471e371533ae007b6.jpg

9f64d372994a24de0a1e5ce4c21df295.jpg

7a6516caeadea5c493951fb04c94f099.jpg

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
I'm no expert, but if you suspect trace damage like in that pic you can get a multimeter and test both ends for continuity. Also on the battery... They usually leak from the bottom and destroy the traces that run right under the battery. If you wait till you see leaking then it's probably too late. Might as well change the battery out to a lithium cr2032 as its super cheap and much safer. I removed two batteries that looked perfect but once I got the battery off the board I saw the acid right underneath it. Best of luck to you and if you do find those traces to be bad luckily you can just use some thin kynar wire to patch it right up.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanx for the tips mate, I guess Ill try whip the battery out and get it replaced although Ive never patched up traces before but I;m a fast learner ;)

If there is anyone in Aus who mods these things I'd be interested. Jomac here in Perth is the no 1 dude around Australia for arcade repairs and nanao monitors but he chooses not to work on these.. I'm beginning to see why ;p

I'm no expert, but if you suspect trace damage like in that pic you can get a multimeter and test both ends for continuity. Also on the battery... They usually leak from the bottom and destroy the traces that run right under the battery. If you wait till you see leaking then it's probably too late. Might as well change the battery out to a lithium cr2032 as its super cheap and much safer. I removed two batteries that looked perfect but once I got the battery off the board I saw the acid right underneath it. Best of luck to you and if you do find those traces to be bad luckily you can just use some thin kynar wire to patch it right up.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I did the bullet proofing, circumvent the previous existing traces on mine, and it was dirt simple. The real butch was rebuilding the sound section. What a nightmare that was.

Just look up the issue and you'll see what you need to do. If you can solder, this is SIMPLE.