JVS Arcade Cabinet to Jamma

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Hello,

I am curious to know how one would go about playing Jamma games in a JVS cabinet (with tri-sync monitor).

I see that konami and namco make adapters for this, but they appear to be expensive and hard to find.

Does anyone know of a guide to rewire the cab to jamma? Is it fairly straight forward? Is there a kit of looms/wiring or whatever I can purchase I am not aware of? What will I need to buy?

Thanks!

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
The adapters aside (which are indeed expensive and hard to find) you have to basically re-loom the whole cabinet. FrancoB used to make looms for this but he has retired from making those.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
It's pretty simple, actually, you just need the right looms. I'm in the process of doing this for my vewlix for controls. RS makes adapter harnesses.. Check them out.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Alberto's brother makes an amazing one, probably the most streamlined one I have ever seen. You can buy them through Alberto so just hit him up if you are looking for someone to make one.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Thanks for the leads and info guys. Glad to find out it's not gonna cost a couple franklin's and a whole weekend to make something like this happen.