Sony PVM-2053MD

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
I have a neo geo consolized with jrok 4.1. Could it be connected to a Sony PVM-2053md component video?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Yes.

But doesn't the 2053MD have RGB-in as well? That would be the best choice.

(This should also better have gone here.)

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
Yes.

In the neo geo, I have only RCA connector for component video, composite video and S-video, but I have not RGB. I would have to connect by Jamma. Is there much difference in quality between component video and RGB?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Technically RGB is a little better but component video on a PVM looks very good. For most people it would be hard to tell the difference.

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
Yes.

Technically RGB is a little better but component video on a PVM looks very good. For most people it would be hard to tell the difference.

Thanks for the info. What would be the recommended price for this model?

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
Depends. Shipping is going to be killer on one of those, as they're about 80+ pounds.
I see them occasionally on medical equipment sales sites for like $150-200 in the USA.

Try to find one for pick up and save yourself $50+ and the worry of it getting damaged in shipping.
I have a 19" PVM that had the entire rear chassis caved in and the CRT driver board cracked in half because it was packed improperly with those expanding foam bags.

Sho G.

Quiz Detective
10 Year Member
Depends. Shipping is going to be killer on one of those, as they're about 80+ pounds.
I see them occasionally on medical equipment sales sites for like $150-200 in the USA.

Try to find one for pick up and save yourself $50+ and the worry of it getting damaged in shipping.
I have a 19" PVM that had the entire rear chassis caved in and the CRT driver board cracked in half because it was packed improperly with those expanding foam bags.

Thanks for the recommendation. Transportation will be the biggest problem, because this particular model weighs about 30kg :eek:.