Multi Carts on Omega

Oneeventhorizon

Rugal's Thug
Hey Guys,
I was finally thinking about getting a multi cart for my Omega. Just wanted to see if there was a recommend cart.

I was looking between the 138 and 161. I was reading that the 138 may be better, but that it has a separate board that needs to be plugged in? I'm assuming this will not work on my 1 slot OMEGA?

Thanks for the input gents.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I vote 120-in-1. I don't have an omega, but it works great in my JNX unit and doesn't have the issue of being too thick without filing the boards down.

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I vote 120-in-1. I don't have an omega, but it works great in my JNX unit and doesn't have the issue of being too thick without filing the boards down.

I can test my 120 in one on my MV-1c (same as the omega) and let you know. (hint: itll work.)

Oneeventhorizon

Rugal's Thug
Last edited:

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Okay sounds like the 120 is the way to go. Any recommend places to buy. A quick google search brings up two stores. Not sure if they are reputable or not?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-Pcs-Of-Neo-Geo-120-In-1-SNK-MVS-Game-Board-Game-PCB-for-Arcade/375859464.html

and

http://www.excellentcom.net/detail.asp?catid=50135&subcatid=0&pdtid=393285&private=

Edit: Never mind the Second One, shipping is $88. I've never ordered from aliexpress before. Total price with shipping seems reasonable.

I bought one from this seller before and it came with no issues.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Neo-...mma-multi-game-pcb-game-board/2036106218.html

cybersp78

n00b
I bought from same seller. No issues in arriving. Just bit the bullet and ordered the Omega last week. Looking forward to when it arrives so I can try it on it. Seems to be a better way to go then trying those carts on a converter in my experience.

Oneeventhorizon

Rugal's Thug
Got the 120 in 1 Cart in a few days ago. Works great with the omega. I had to open it up to get to the dip switches to change the difficulty though. It was a fun couple of hours going through every game.

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Got the 120 in 1 Cart in a few days ago. Works great with the omega. I had to open it up to get to the dip switches to change the difficulty though. It was a fun couple of hours going through every game.
Can't you change the dips through the unibios menu without opening it up?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Can't you change the dips through the unibios menu without opening it up?
I believe you are confusing soft dips w/hard dips. The 120 in 1 requires setting the hard dips 4 and 5 (I think) in order to change the difficult settings on the cart.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I believe you are confusing soft dips w/hard dips. The 120 in 1 requires setting the hard dips 4 and 5 (I think) in order to change the difficult settings on the cart.

I never knew about that one, another thing to add to what could be better with the current multicarts.

madman

I never knew about that one, another thing to add to what could be better with the current multicarts.

I was curious (don't own a multicart) and saw a YouTube video where the guy shows how he had to set the hard DIPs in order for the cart to boot to a menu that allowed him to set the difficulty.

Oneeventhorizon

Rugal's Thug
From my understanding you can set the softdips to change the difficulty but it doesn't save. So if you power off or change games it will default back to 8. Changing them with the hard dips sets the difficulty permanently. I wonder why they default the difficulty to 8, seems strange to me.

madman

I think in the video above his were all set to 2 by default. I really need to bite the bullet and buy one of these carts, but I hate to give money to bootleggers.

Oneeventhorizon

Rugal's Thug
I think in the video above his were all set to 2 by default. I really need to bite the bullet and buy one of these carts, but I hate to give money to bootleggers.

Yeah I hear you. But I know I'm never going to shell out the money for TSS or Money Puzzple Exchanger. But it does let me try out games too. I've never played Aero Fighters 2 before and now I'm looking to buy a real copy of it.