Unmame MVS-4-25 (ver. 3) restoration

DaveyDarko

n00b
Installed the EL panels tonight! I had to put in a claim with ebay to get the sellers attention a month after I paid for them, but I was not really in a big rush to get the parts. Im just glad they got here finally and I did not get ripped off xD
I actually ended up mounting the board on the lower half out of fear that there might have been some feed back through the speakers.
c9fbcropped.jpg

The camera was crooked, It was hard to get a good pic while holding the marquee open
DSCN0001_marquee_1024.jpg

1 out of 4 isn't bad I guess lol
I was really expecting them to not work at all honestly xD
DSCN0026_1024.jpg

DSCN0023_cropped1024.jpg

Gonna have to hop over to glowhut.com and pick up some replacement panels

Last edited:

DaveyDarko

n00b
#1, #2, and #3 are starting to light up a LITTLE bit. Maybe they will get brighter if I leave it on for a while.
One thing I have noticed is that the driver board is making a high pitched whine when on one of the slots with a dead EL panel. Im going to disconnect the driver board to avoid stressing it out until I get the replacement panels from glowhut.com

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
well, it's looking better every time I check in here, good job!

DaveyDarko

n00b
well, it's looking better every time I check in here, good job!
Thanks for keeping up with me! I've really had good luck so far and its been alot of fun!

This is just a cool project read
Thanks! I'm sorry about the crappy out of focus pictures. I REALLY wish I would have purchased a better camera sooner. When I look back at the first posts it makes me cringe a little xD

Last edited: