NGPC NTM Los Turfes Club: Pocket League Score Thread

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I'll think of something but for now the club annotation will do, thanks for your entry.

I was thinking a separate table for each course for the clubs of legend, once we have more entries I'll work the OP like the NTM thread.

Last edited:

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
I've apparently been improving. I was waiting until I got a better score on the Germany course before submitting these, but that refuses to happen. That course is an asshole.

| Caplet | -6 | Japan | Technician | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
xnBxTli.jpg

| Caplet | -3 | USA | Technician | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
2mynnfB.jpg

My screen isn't dusty, those are teeny little scratches. Completely invisible until harsh light is applied for photos :lolz:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That's really good, you're improving so much. That's why I love this game so much, it challenges you in a fair way and makes it really fun when you start noticing how much more you learn as you get better. I promise I'll post some scores too, the truth is the little time I've been playing video games I've been playing NTM MVS and Street Fighter, but I'm going to play and hopefully post something decent.

Thanks to all the participants, you guys rock! I promise I'll pick up the slack real soon and make some nice tables like the other thread, I also want to snap shot some of the graphics to make it look like I know what I'm doing.

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
Thanks! It really is a great game. I'm sure I'll be on the hunt for the MVS version soon.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Time for the U.S.A. course. It's the most difficult one in my oppinion, while South-Europe being the easiest. Japan is somehow in the middle IMO. Nevertheless, I even scored even more under par than on the other courses :)

| suicidekiller | -11 | USA | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

I really like this game, it's a masterpiece - at least on the NGPC. They managed to faithfully 'convert' the arcade original, but yet adding an own touch. That chibi-figure style is a lot more entertaining than the original 'realistic' graphics. They always reminded me of those mid '90s Golf games on the PC (which I didn't liked at all). Too bad there are only three courses and not much to unlock (Clubs of Legends, yay).

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
Excellent score!

That chibi-figure style is a lot more entertaining than the original 'realistic' graphics.

Agreed. SNK did a nice job with the chibi characters across all the NGP games, really.

EDIT - A change in golfers did the trick on Germany.

| Caplet | -5 | Germany | Veteran | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
qrxkyJE.jpg
Qwb9Czs.gif

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
| Vectorman0 | -8 | Germany | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

Picture:
Spoiler:
2015-05-14 22.17.58.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice! Great scores all across the board!

You guys are business!

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
| Vectorman0 | -12 | Japan | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

Picture:
Spoiler:
2015-05-15 13.35.12.jpg

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
I managed to improve a little this week:

| Caplet | -9 | Japan | Veteran | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
| Caplet | -7 | USA | Veteran | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
| Caplet | -9 | Germany | Veteran | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

Spoiler:
9ccwt7D.jpg
V5YW54p.jpg
iHu54as.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice entries! Caplet getting better and Vectorman0 my man coming in strong!

Thanks for keeping the ball rolling fellas!

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Thank you for starting this. I'm hoping to practice and improve my scores. I was trying to play the arcade game earlier and I was getting my ass handed to me; it's more challenging than I remember. I think anyone who is good at the arcade game could do really well with the pocket version.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Great scores guys, keep 'em coming!

I managed to slightly improve on the USA course:

| suicidekiller | -12 | USA | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

dsc0125974ubf.jpg

I also tried the handicap mode (for the first time?). It's basically 18 holes mixed from all three courses. As a bonus I got a set of the Clubs of Legends, so the Triple Crown isn't the only way to obtain them.

Also, for the first time ever, I scored a Hole-in-One :D Now for the Albatross...
dsc01260epuou.jpg

| Vectorman0 | -12 | Japan | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

Challenge accepted ;)

Last edited:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I quickly looked through the manual, and I think the only thing it mentions about the Clubs of Legend is that you can win them individually in link-up mode. I never put enough time into this game to ever actually get them. Do they have any advantages other than more power?

Challenge accepted ;)

Good! I hope to beat your scores as well. :D

Nice score on USA. I tried USA yesterday for the first time in a while, and it did not go well!

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
I was feeling particularly 'Murican this morning.

| Caplet | -12 | USA | Veteran | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
Spoiler:
bSU9aiB.jpg

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
I quickly looked through the manual, and I think the only thing it mentions about the Clubs of Legend is that you can win them individually in link-up mode. I never put enough time into this game to ever actually get them. Do they have any advantages other than more power?

I don't think so. But they are perhaps the only possible way to score an Albatross. But you can only use them once at a time which kinda sucks. I'll check them later on a more extensive research. For now I'll go with the normal clubs.

Good! I hope to beat your scores as well. :D

Nice score on USA. I tried USA yesterday for the first time in a while, and it did not go well!

As written earlier, I find the USA course to be the most difficult. But keep the challenge up, that's what this thread is meant for. Good luck! :D

I was feeling particularly 'Murican this morning.

| Caplet | -12 | USA | Veteran | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

Wow, props to you! How do you manage to use any other character than the Shot Maker in an appropriate way? I always find myself struggling either on the normal playfield or 'on the green'.

Last edited:

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
How do you manage to use any other character than the Shot Maker in an appropriate way? I always find myself struggling either on the normal playfield or 'on the green'.

For me, it's more about finding a character that fits the way I play, I suppose. I just tried everyone until one clicked :)

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Nice job on that -12. It's great watching these scores improve. There is still a ton of room for improvement.

| Vectorman0 | -11 | Germany | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

Photo May 18, 7 17 24 PM.jpg

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
| suicidekiller | -13 | Germany | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

Very nice! Makes me want to throw my system out the window. I've been trying to up my Germany score the last couple of days, and resistance has been fierce.

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
Very nice! Makes me want to throw my system out the window. I've been trying to up my Germany score the last couple of days, and resistance has been fierce.

Please don't do it. There's still plenty of room for improvement. Just take your time. I'm really astonished how you manage to get such great scores with the Veteran :)

Oh, and the competition's hot by the way...
012.gif

| suicidekiller | -14 | Japan | Shot Maker | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |

20150521_215252xiol3.jpg

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
Please don't do it. There's still plenty of room for improvement. Just take your time.

Oh, I wouldn't really do that. Just a bit of hyperbole. Honestly I'm having a ball with the game whether I improve my scores or not.

I'm really astonished how you manage to get such great scores with the Veteran :)

The mustache contains a hidden power :glee:

Oh, and the competition's hot by the way...

Damn. Congrats!

I managed to get my own Japan score into double digits. I had Kung Pao chicken for dinner last night, so no doubt there was Asian strength in my veins.

| Caplet | -12 | Japan | Veteran | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
Spoiler:
uqwvKaX.jpg

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
After tying my previous Germany score an embarrassing number of times, I finally managed to push past it a bit.

| Caplet | -14 | Germany | Veteran | Stroke Play | NGPC | Normal Clubs |
Spoiler:
BjCpEIK.jpg