namco 256 problem

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
ok so i bought a namco 256 with kinnukuman game. i got it and hooked my namco io to it on my blast city and for some reason the one screen where its all white with 2 company names on it in black is messed up where the white bleeds into the black. then when the demo runs u can see red bleeding into i believe the black. and when i go to the menu screen the cursor just goes crazy moving around and wont stop so i cant select a menu option. now i own a 256 already with gundam vs gundam next so i took out the dvd player and dongel in one i bought and put in my gundam game and it works perfectly. so i put the dvd player and game and dongel in my mobo and i got the same problem as b4. so i now know its not the mobo i bought there has to b a problem with the dvd player disc or dongle. anyone have any suggestions that could fix this?

dipindods

needs help. stuck in virgina.
so i hooked it up in my second blast and the menu problem was not there but the colors are still bleeding

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Gotta be the dips, I wish I remembered the settings for low res monitors.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
ok so playn on my blast should all the dips b in the off position?

Most likely, yes. If it runs standard jamma boards fine, which I would hope, then yes. If you have a tri-sync monitor in there like the MS-2931, you can try turning on dip 3 for 31khz instead of 15khz, you'll want it that way if it works with your monitor anyway since it will look better.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Video levels are probably too hot for the monitor... sometimes you have to adjust the pots on the neckboard but then it'll look dim for the other games.