Changing the PSU in an EGRET II

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
What's up guys. I need to replace the power supply in my Egret 2 and it was recommended that I just buy a Happ switching PSU. My only issue is the wiring...the Taito supply has three wires running to +5v, two going to +12v, and three to ground. The Happ only has one +12 and one +5, and two ground (I guess that doesn't really matter). So I guess my question is what do I do with all of those extra wires. Thanks guys.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
You should have:
3 +5v
3 GND
2 +12v
1 -5v

If you are going with a non Taito PSU replacement you tie the same voltages together (All +5v to +5, etc, etc). Same for the GNDs.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
One more question - I received my PSU and I have it wired up correctly as far as I can tell (games are running fine.) However, on the Taito supply, there was a ground that was connected to the mounting foot of the supply with a screw. I wired my new one using the same method, but I did notice an FG (field ground?) terminal on the Happ supply. Is this technically where that ground is supposed to go?

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
One more question - I received my PSU and I have it wired up correctly as far as I can tell (games are running fine.) However, on the Taito supply, there was a ground that was connected to the mounting foot of the supply with a screw. I wired my new one using the same method, but I did notice an FG (field ground?) terminal on the Happ supply. Is this technically where that ground is supposed to go?

What most do with a Field Ground is attach it to bare metal on the PSU case mount through the mounting screw that secures the PSU to the cab. Most cases you need to remove a small area of paint where the contact is made.

Scott

Edo Express Delivery Guy
What most do with a Field Ground is attach it to bare metal on the PSU case mount through the mounting screw that secures the PSU to the cab. Most cases you need to remove a small area of paint where the contact is made.

Yup that's exactly what I did, I just wanted to be sure I didn't need to use that FG terminal. Thanks!