Nci back in business?

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
I personally feel its is a grand effort what NCI are trying (if they do have the licence) but understand they are going to have to do everything perfect if they want people to start to trust in them again after the TOTC situation. Using neoayato was probably not a good step in that direction but maybe they had no choice.

Firstly, whether or not they have a licence is irrelevant as to the Breaker's Revenge "release" being "official". The officially recorded & recognized lifespan of the neogeo system was 1990-2004. Therefore ANY cartridges (home or mvs) released outside that window are not and NEVER WILL BE "official" releases. PERIOD.

Secondly, even if NCI has the licencse, and even if they "do everything perfect" as you call it, they STILL will not win back the trust of the people. NCI must address the unanswered questions surrounding TotC & WotF AND answer them completely, before anyone can believe anything they say. They must set the record straight on what happened and why as well as why we were lied to & why we were left completely in the dark for several years now.

Lastly, using neoayato is probably a poor choice, I agree, but again, if nobody else can handle the services for which they use them, then I guess that is their only option. The significance to a buyer in regards to purchasing something from neoayato would really only be in regards to certain items. If they are merely being used as a store front or a re-distributor for an item as opposed to producing it themselves, then it doesn't matter.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Lastly, using neoayato is probably a poor choice, I agree, but again, if nobody else can handle the services for which they use them, then I guess that is their only option.

Do you have any idea how popular the Neo Geo is in France? Do you know how many store sell Neo Geo carts there? They definitely had other options. Don't forget that Atomikwave is now working for NCI. This guy and Neo Ayato have been butt buddies for a long time. Where do you think Neo Ayato got all the Brikinger/Ironclad conversions from? They aren't going to change a successfull recipe. Especially when more games are coming. The crooks from Neo Ayato are gladly going to sell anything they can get, licensed or not.

Say Hi to Laurent Klein:

The significance to a buyer in regards to purchasing something from neoayato would really only be in regards to certain items. If they are merely being used as a store front or a re-distributor for an item as opposed to producing it themselves, then it doesn't matter.

Open your eyes, if you think that they weren't involved right from the start, think again. Also, it's not OK to support a bunch of scammers just because you want a new AES cart in your collection. This is both retarded and selfish.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Open your eyes, if you think that they weren't involved right from the start, think again. Also, it's not OK to support a bunch of scammers just because you want a new AES cart in your collection. This is both retarded and selfish.

I think your getting a bit heated up here, which is fine, your allowed to, but I think your doing so for the wrong reasons.

I don't have a horse in this race! I have ZERO intention or interest to buy a Breakers Revenge cartridge. Whether licensed or not, through neoayato or otherwise, etc.

I have no idea when they were involved or at what level or for what reasons, etc. I apologize if I missed that. If neoayato is more then just a merchant / store front to sell the game then yes, I agree, purchasing the game from them does indeed "support" them more then I initially thought.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I think your getting a bit heated up here, which is fine, your allowed to, but I think your doing so for the wrong reasons.

I don't have a horse in this race! I have ZERO intention or interest to buy a Breakers Revenge cartridge. Whether licensed or not, through neoayato or otherwise, etc.

I have no idea when they were involved or at what level or for what reasons, etc. I apologize if I missed that. If neoayato is more then just a merchant / store front to sell the game then yes, I agree, purchasing the game from them does indeed "support" them more then I initially thought.

I'm not mad, I guess I've spoken with too many frenchies today :keke:

Neo Ayato have sold 105 copies of Breakers Revenge already, out of the 200 available. This is nuts.

I've been told that Shawn also tried to buy that Breakers Revenge license from Visco. Looks like we dodged a new DG Enterprises release :lolz:

Last edited:

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
More digging:

atomikwave said:
je vais essayer de fournir une réponse globale plus ou moins a vos questions.
- le breakers revenge sera bien numeroté sur les inserts ( pas sur les pcb )
- Neoayato est le revendeur officiel et l'un d'eux est membre de NCI.
- Je ne peux pas m'occuper de tout "produire et revendre" est une trop grande tache , je ne posséde pas de structure pour cela.
- Le breakers revenge sera un produit 100% custom ( pas de sacrifice de cart ) et il sera vendu "NEUF"
- 100 version jap et 100 US sont prévus car nous payons des droits sur chaque cartouche produite a visco et cela revient très couteux de produire plus de cart. ( achat de la license + com sur chaque cart produite ).
- Paiement en plusieurs fois possible ( a voir avec neoayato )
- Mon role : les pcb utiliser seront les miennes et je dois aussi me charger de produire les insert du jeu.
- Si vous souhaitez contacter Visco pour avoir la confirmation , c'est possible via leur site officiel par mail ou fax .. ou voir meme sur place a tokyo pour ceux qui sont sur place et qui ont du temps.

NCI = Neo Ayato.

Oh snap.

source: http://www.neogeo-system.com/t2984p100-version-aes-de-breakers-revenge#101120 (this was quoted by another member before the inevitable edit :keke:)

Last edited:

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Firstly, whether or not they have a licence is irrelevant as to the Breaker's Revenge "release" being "official". The officially recorded & recognized lifespan of the neogeo system was 1990-2004. Therefore ANY cartridges (home or mvs) released outside that window are not and NEVER WILL BE "official" releases. PERIOD.

Secondly, even if NCI has the licencse, and even if they "do everything perfect" as you call it, they STILL will not win back the trust of the people. NCI must address the unanswered questions surrounding TotC & WotF AND answer them completely, before anyone can believe anything they say. They must set the record straight on what happened and why as well as why we were lied to & why we were left completely in the dark for several years now.

Lastly, using neoayato is probably a poor choice, I agree, but again, if nobody else can handle the services for which they use them, then I guess that is their only option. The significance to a buyer in regards to purchasing something from neoayato would really only be in regards to certain items. If they are merely being used as a store front or a re-distributor for an item as opposed to producing it themselves, then it doesn't matter.

I agree they have much to answer for. My last message was a little to polite, it seems lately when I talk straight its taken out of context. I still feel its a noble attempt if they do have the licence but like you say TOTC was very bad and probably a step to far. I can totally see why people would question if they even do have a licence or not.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Do you have any idea how popular the Neo Geo is in France? Do you know how many store sell Neo Geo carts there? They definitely had other options. Don't forget that Atomikwave is now working for NCI. This guy and Neo Ayato have been butt buddies for a long time. Where do you think Neo Ayato got all the Brikinger/Ironclad conversions from? They aren't going to change a successfull recipe. Especially when more games are coming. The crooks from Neo Ayato are gladly going to sell anything they can get, licensed or not.

Say Hi to Laurent Klein:

I once did not realise how big the NeoGeo is in France. If I look at Universe Bios sales I can see clearly France has the most users in Europe, and I can't say for certain but France may have more users than North America if you took that as an accurate indicator.

Its this reason why I'm sometimes sad by the treatment some French users get in the forum just because of a few rotten apples there. I'm sure some of it is deserved as many have a habbit of making duplicate accounts but from time to time some innocents get killed in the crossfire by accident.

Back to the point though, I feel they could easy sell 200 in France alone, on the other side I could question if they have sold what they say they have. It's strange that new accounts are created to spam this if its selling so well, that's the sort of thing that happens when its not selling well.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
the only good news its an Neo Geo CD version is annonced :p

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
Can you post that again in an actual language?

Some kind of translation would be as follows:

- BR will have a serial number printed on insert (not on PCB)
- NeoAyato will be the reseller, one of them (NeoAyato Crew) is a NCI member
- I'm not able to manage all production and sales, too much for me being alone.
- BR will be 100% custom (no cart sacrified) and will be sold as "NEW"
- There will be 100 JP units and 100 US units because we pay royalties to Visco on every sold cart, so it becomes really expensive to produce more carts (buying license + royalty on each cart).
- Payment can be divided on multiple payments (check with NeoAyato)
- My role: The PCB's used for BR are mine and I have to to make the inserts too.
- If you want to contact Visco to check if the game is licensed you can ask them through their web page, mail or fax...or even going to their office in Tokyo.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
Can you post that again in an actual language?

Nigga please, french is an actual language :keke:

Neo Ayato = Philippe Nguyen + Laurent Klein.

One of them is a member of the NCI team. This is why they've been doing business with Neo Ayato. As I said, they were involved right from the start.

Last edited:

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Its this reason why I'm sometimes sad by the treatment some French users get in the forum just because of a few rotten apples there. I'm sure some of it is deserved as many have a habbit of making duplicate accounts but from time to time some innocents get killed in the crossfire by accident.
(...) strange that new accounts are created to spam this if its selling so well, that's the sort of thing that happens when its not selling well.
I feel targeted by both things your saying there xD
Regarding me, i'm just getting back into neo world after 20 years of other irl stuff, so i kinda have a fresh (mb naive ?) point of vue on stuff.
Anyway my previous post was not in anyway meant to be an attack toward you raz, i just feel that there is a full load of hypocrisis in most post. Yours (and oliver) honest position regarding !arcade! convert is however quite interesing, even if i dont share it. I love them more than ngf stuff for exemple. I might be more of a gamer i guess.

edit : removed a whole bunch of my post, i was starting to troll this subject.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I feel targeted by both things your saying there xD
Regarding me, i'm just getting back into neo world after 20 years of other irl stuff, so i kinda have a fresh (mb naive ?) point of vue on stuff.
Anyway my previous post was not in anyway meant to be an attack toward you raz, i just feel that there is a full load of hypocrisis in most post. Yours (and oliver) honest position regarding !arcade! convert is however quite interesing, even if i dont share it. I love them more than ngf stuff for exemple. I might be more of a gamer i guess.

It was just a general observation and not directly at you so think no more of it. Maybe its best you read up on projects before assuming things next time though. If you are just getting back in the NeoGeo then its probably best not to talk about these things yourself related to NCI and co in this forum because you won't know what happened and you would not have been around anyway. You should read up on it though if your not clear on what peoples beef is with them.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Yours (and oliver) honest position regarding !arcade! convert is however quite interesing, even if i dont share it. I love them more than ngf stuff for exemple. I might be more of a gamer i guess.
wait, what? :scratch: You like conversions in general and then make a division between "!arcade!" and "NGF"?
GTFO, srsly, fuck off.

Buy a "MVStoAES" converter (the MagicKey for example) and stop supporting the needless destruction of perfectly fine carts. "gamer", pfff.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
wait, what? :scratch: You like conversions in general and then make a division between "!arcade!" and "NGF"?
GTFO, srsly, fuck off.

Buy a "MVStoAES" converter (the MagicKey for example) and stop supporting the needless destruction of perfectly fine carts. "gamer", pfff.

Do you really need to be that hateful and insultive ?

ofc i make a division between arcade and ngf.
• Arcade on some game did his own pcb, sacrificed nothing, and did some offset printing with quality design (1945+ and others).
• ngf just always printed poor design insert on poor numeric machine and changed insert / stickers from jap to us. Not to mention actual conversion (diggerman… and others).

I feel that one of the 2 company actually did some work while the other, having bought the rights (arguable for some titles when reading forum), just awaited the cash. We might not agree on which is wich.

What i like is the quality of experience one item offer, and that experience include the art of insert, sticker as well as the game, its a global shit.
I dont like conversion in general. And i'm not defending convert. My point is u can't say they are all the same.
Moreover, any thing new is good news. As long as it is some quality work, it means the scene is not dead.

peace

Last edited:

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
• Arcade on some game did his own pcb, sacrificed nothing, and did some offset printing with quality design (1945+ and others).

Even if Arcade had his own pcb, the chips still came from original MVS carts that were sacrificed to make the conversion possible

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

I wouldn't call epoxy on the CMC a quality design. And like Zellez said, they sacrificed original carts to get the mask roms from. They don't sell blank mask roms.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
yes. someone needed to set you straight.

I am a blinded by your sense of justice and your hability at brightly convince people and "setting them straight". Thank you.

@xian and zellez, thanks for precision. That still cant compare with ngf.
All this is anyway not relevent in this thread. Nci will maybe just screw it up (again, some will say). And thus prove you right about them. Got no clue about that : have no insight of this project and can't read the future.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
@xian je and zellez, thanks for precision. That still cant compare with ngf.

I can't argue with that. They're both scammers that don't tell their customers the truth about the items they are selling.

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
I had to figure out what a edit whore is, since I didn´t know:

"A looser who edits for Urban Dictionary who has no social life, sits at the computer for hours on end, and compulsively rejects peoples definitions with a dirty tube sock stuffed in their mouth while subsequently maintaining a 2-inch erection. Edit whores commonly live with their parents and will often times wear their mother’s bra and panties while they wallow in a wasteland of potato chip crumbs and scat fetish mags."

Well at least thats what Dr. google says.....
Edit_Whore_Badge.png

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
So this is an actual internet slang… I've learnt something today. I kinda like it.

Just adding the note that is quite savorous too :
"Note: It is recommended that you approach edit whores with extreme caution as they are known for twirling on shit-stained computer chairs while frantically slinging excrement on their keyboard as they redundantly and unintelligibly hit the “reject button” like a tambourine monkey on crack."

Totally me :D

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
:rolleyes: no. You're thick. I called mathieu4d that because he edited his original post.

Spoiler:
thick adjective
- [INFORMAL] stupid: "I told you not to touch that - are you deaf or just thick?"