NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

Undefined

Pope Sazae's fake account
I have been unable to play Neo Turf Masters since arcades closed down so I have had to stick to emulation and playing Golden Tee. Is it frowned upon to play this game via emulation on my computer? I do not have really any other access to it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
If you look at the OP you'll see that emulation is welcomed so read up and join the club!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Reposting the OP 'cause I can't edit it anymore...please let me know if I'm missing anything or anyone's entry.

RULES

· Default settings - Infinite credits allowed - MVS Level

Record Entry Format
· Name | Score | Course | Golfer | Platform (MVS, AES, Neo CD, MAME) | Credits

· Pictures to legitimize your entry.

We take all entries although the more info the better so, we're gonna have each course have a separate score table.

Wanna talk technic, or shenanigans, let's do it up, anything goes! I'll do my best to keep up with the competing entries, the winnah will get a nice tap on the back from Nancy!

Please feel free to post your scores, old, new, it doesn't matter, just do it up but keep it clean, meaning no savestates on MAME, no mulligans, no do overs. Neo save states are ok but don't abuse it as a mulligan.

U.S.A.
Code:
      Name   |   Score  |  Course  |  Golfer  |  Platform  |  Credits

1)oliverclaude | -15 | USA |Shot Maker | AES |0 continues 
 2)bustedstr8 | -12 | USA | German | MVS | 3 Credits
 3)Caplet | -5 | USA | Veteran | MVS | Credits 4
 4)ShootTheCore | -3 | USA | German | MVS | 4 credits 
 4)ElectricGrave | -3 | US | US | MVS | 4 Credits
 5)mjmjr25 | +6 | US | The Architect | MVS | 5 credits 
 6)
 7)
 8)
 9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

JAPAN
Code:

1)Oliverclaude | -19 | Japan | German | AES 1cc
 2)bustedstr8 | -10 | Jpn | German | mvs | 3 cred 
 3)Beelzebub | -7 | Japan | German | MVS | Credits 3
 3)Pretty Amy | -7 | Japan | Japan | MVS
 3)ElectricGrave | -7 | Japan | UK | MVS
 4)Opethian | -6 | Japan | Pip | AES | 3 credits
 5)Giltygear | -4 | Japan | UK | MVS | 4 Credits
 6)ShootTheCore | -3 | Japan | UK | MVS | 3 Credits
 6)Caplet | -3 | Japan | Veteran | MVS | Credits 4
 7)mjmjr25 | 0 (EVEN) | Japan | UK | MVS | 4 credits
 8)unofficialitguy | +2 | Japan Classic | U.K. | MAME 
 9)1up | +5 | Japan | UK | MVS
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

GERMANY
Code:

1)bustedstr8 | -19 | Germany | German | MVS | 1CC 
 2)oliverclaude | -18 | Germany | Shot Maker | AES  |  1cc
 3)PSICODROMO | -10 | Germany | German | MVS | 1 Credit
 4)ElectricGrave |  -7  |  Germany  |  UK  |  MVS
 5)Opethian | -4 | Germany | Pip (Technician) | AES
 6)ShootTheCore | 0 | Germany | German | 4 Continues
 7)
 8)
 9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

AUSTRALIA
Code:

1)oliverclaude | -19 | Australia | Shot Maker | AES | 0 continues 
 2)bustedstr8 | -10  |  AUS  |  German  |  MVS  |  3cred
 3)ElectricGrave  |  -7  |  AUS  |  UK  |  MVS  |  3 Credits
 4)ShootTheCore |  -6  |  Australia  |  German  |  MVS  |  3 continues
 5)Pretty Amy |  -5  |  AUS  |  JAP  |  MVS
 6)
 7)
 8)
 9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

image.jpg

SCOTLAND
Code:

1) oliverclaude | -12 | Scotland | Shot Maker | MVS | Credits 2 | CDZ
 2) ShootTheCore | +32 | Scotland | German | CD | 7 credits
 3)
 4)
 5)
 6)
 7)
 8)
 9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)
16)
17)
18)
19)
20)

Do it up Turfes!

Wanna spread awareness?! Here's the Banner I put together for now, of course you're welcome to make your own banner, make your own teams, find some allies, I dunno, go nuts, we had shooting teams why can't we have golf teams right?

Banner is linked to this thread, hopefully it works well for you guys.

Wanna take your tour on the go?
NGPC NTM LOS TURFES CLUB POCKET LEAGUE

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Gotcha covered Oli! ;)

profholt82, hey bud let's get your scores in, post the entries like in the OP format and we'll get you in, it's ok that you're doing it with a port, everyone can join, no worries.

scaboney

n00b
Just picked up a Neo Geo Goldie and have this game.... I'm so addicted! Please tell me how the grain works... I'm getting screwed with my putting!!! Is there a link to tell how to putt? If so, please post.. I'm begging

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Very nice, Ellzy. Too bad about that double bogey on #5, especially, because it's an eagle hole. I'll make some pics showing how to achieve it. By the way, the toughest hole is #16, so another congrats on your par there. Keep it up ;).

Ellzy

Banned
Thanks :D that'll be real helpful, I've been really addicted to this game lately & striving to get better
(some guys here with the high scores makes me cry a little inside lol)
Yea #5 sucked, once I start to mess up my attitude gets the better of me.
But this run was fun, got -7 last time. little by little. xD

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
profholt82 | -4 | Germany | German | PS2 | 10 credits | Difficulty 5

CC73BF4C-16BA-43D3-B13E-2CDA7DEB9F24_zpsamwk6q8w.jpg

FECD4131-D7F3-4454-B27B-DDFE7AD5CA35_zps0l1qbboc.jpg

The window was open when I shot the pics, I think that's why they look like they're coated in scrote sweat.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Profholt82 | -6 | USA | German | PS2 | 8 credits | Difficulty 5
C887C9B5-2F5D-4942-9FEF-966636666857_zpsh92dyo17.jpg

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
How to score a birdie on Hole #5 in Japan...

So, here it goes. This is the default situation.

Hole5-Japan-001.jpg

First you move the white arrow to the left.

Hole5-Japan-002.jpg

This is the exact spot for this shot. There's no harm in moving a bit more to the left though. It
looks like the ball could land in the rough, but you'll clearly see, it'll be far from it.

Hole5-Japan-003.jpg

This is how you hit the ball: 270 + 10%, forward spin and nice. Makes for a 297 yards plus
the spin (+2), plus nice (+1). 300 yard drive alltogether.

Hole5-Japan-004.jpg

You'll land in this area and you should alway try to land here, since it's the best spot from
which you can get on the green with your next hit.

Hole5-Japan-005.jpg

The default situation for the next shot.

Hole5-Japan-006.jpg

I moved the cursor a bit to the rigt this time.

Hole5-Japan-007.jpg

Now, this is the most important part: The green is lying higher on a hill. This means, that
you'll always have to hit at least 10 yards more, than recuired.

Here I even hit it harder: 220 + 10%. That's 242, 17 yards more. Therefore I used the
backspin on this shot.

Hole5-Japan-008.jpg

It was tad too much, but an eagle is still possible. A birdie just a formality ;).

Hole5-Japan-009.jpg

The important technique I used here was the 10% surplus hitting power. It is far easier to hit,
let's say, 242 yards using the 220 wood plus the 10%, than doing so with a 250 club, trying
to substract 8 yards.

Think about it and use it whenever you can. Corrections can be done with the help of both
spins. Of course, winds can change the situation, but you can adapt. The wind blows from the
right side? Then move the cursor more to the left... and so on.

Anyway, good luck on your birdies, Gentleman!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oli, I finally joined the Double Digit Club and so did my GF, also Busted and I had a 2P run both with a -10 which was cool 'cause when we play together we rarely end up with a decent score, either one of us breaks or both of us have a meltdown. Busted took pics, I was hoping he already posted the pic but no cigar...anyway, soon I'll post pics of everything, double digit devils doingitup!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Oli, I finally joined the Double Digit Club and so did my GF, ...

Kudos on your... GF ;). As for the rest, pics or it didn't happen. Regarding your 2-player experience though, I totally understand your feelings, for ending up this high against your buddy is something special indeed.

I have the privilege of having the Viewpoint WR-holder as my sparring mate, we usually end up around -15, going head-to-head, i.e. way below our best scores. My nerves are always up the ante on those occasions, sweating like a pig, well, let's say like Babe's cuddly cousin, going for maximum concentration. Conditions not exactly encouraging high scoring. Still, it's the best way to get better and better, so, you both, keep it up by all means!

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oli, Ellzy is my GF, you helped her with some advice as well so thanks for that. She didn't get to post her later scores 'cause I got her banned (not in purpose of course) but hopefully she'll get to set up a new account and post up some double digits!

As for 2P action, yeah so much more difficult to do well on those runs, plus we talk so much smack sometimes we don't pay attention to the green on the hole presentation screen, lol.

On another note, I'm trying to understand how the Blog tool works, I'd like to archive all your teaching notes, I hate to loose all that good info.

Edit: So! I did it! I got all of Oli's brilliant posts archived in a Los Turfes Club Blog, I hope that this can prove useful to everyone that wants to read on, it's all compiled in one sitting without having to scroll through the entire thread, although I feel like scrolling through the whole thread is magical, so many good scores and progress, I love it!

Does anyone have putting tips? Specifically on how to read the grain

Thanks!

When you read the grain the arrows dictate how the grain goes in the overall putting green map, as in not the front shot on the right but the main screen. I hope that helps bud, there is tons of info throughout this page, I hope you can join us with some scores.

Last edited:

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I need to get in on this. I'm not very good, well I'll be kicking ass then bogey or double bogey 2-4 holes.

Such a great game!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Oli, Ellzy is my GF, ...

As much I knew, why do you think I bothered to post that hole #5 crap ;). Somehow it was too obvious... anyway, it inspired me to make more photo guides, so if you have a hard time with one of those tougher holes, just let me now.

P.S. On a side note... you do realize, what Golf stands for, don't you?

Spoiler:
Gentleman's Only Ladies Forbidden... no wonder she got banned ;).

Edit: @synbiosfan: Welcome to the circus! Long overdue, if you ask me... ;).

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
After 15 years of NTM...

This past Sunday I had my weekly match against my buddy GES, and guess what? I shot
meself an A L B A T R O S S ! ! !

It's the first time ever, that I saw one and it's huge, I can tell you. In the end it wasn't a
breakthru score with this -19, but it was a unique Blue Lagoon run nevetheless.

And it all took place on Lucky Hole #7...

JessicaAlba-001.jpg

JessicaAlba-002.jpg

JessicaAlba-003.jpg

JessicaAlba-004.jpg

JessicaAlba-005.jpg

JessicaAlba-006.jpg

Shout outs go to ElectricGrave, for starting this inspired thread and giving me a chance to be
part of it, bustedstr8, for being so hard on my heels, I always end up feeling his breath on my
neck and last but not least, my highscore inspiration GES, I'd never dig so deep without you.

I know, it's corny as hell, but thank you guys!

oliverclaude | -19 | Australia | Shot Maker | AES | 0

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
A week ago I was playing the Pan-American course against my buddy and revitalised my best score. It's the first time that I made
a highscore in a live duel ;).

US-17_01.jpg

US-17_02.jpg

US-17_03.jpg

US-17_04.jpg

US-17_05.jpg

This is the toughest course apart from Scotland for a simple reason: it's almost impossible to score an eagle here. The best chance is
on hole #11, on all other par 5 holes you'll need an incredible tailwind, which is only possible through pure luck. For future references
I'd say that relying on your skills alone will get you a -19 at best, that is 17 birdies and that one hole 11 eagle. Everything better would
be a stroke of luck.

oliverclaude | -17 | USA | Shot Maker | AES | 0

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Crazy scores Oli, you're an inspiration, I have a few records to post and then I'll update the tables with a new post.

How did you play on a live duel? Did you waited for each other's turn? I think Kaillera or some sort of mame that plays online could work out, I used Kawaks years ago playing X-men vs SF online with a bud while on the phone, it was out version of XBL before it.

Nice way to bring it back Oli!

Edit: I've been thinking of 2 things to further stretch Los Turfes Club for us. For starts I'd like to collect all the records made and start making some sort of record master, as in how many times you've played, how many birdies, eagles, total score, and so on, perhaps make some tables on that too. Also, I've been thinking of making a second thread and reintroducing the score tables from this thread but I hate loosing all the great posts which is why I made the Blog. Any suggestions would be most welcomed. On another note< if we gather enough interest, it would be cool to set a Los Turfes Club Season Team Invitational where we can set teams of 3 and go at it on the score table and duke it out, making teams would be cool but you and Busted can't be on the same team...lol, anyway, just ideas...

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Forgive my ignorance, but I wasn't aware of the expression "live duel" being reserved to call a web competition. As I meant it was just two buds sitting on a couch, digging the 2-player mode like you & Busted. We meet once a week and play two or three matches against each other. The rules are quite simple: no drilling on the US-course, which is always our first strike, so it'll stay fresh. Then we decide, who's player 1. The looser of a match decides the next country, one he obviously practiced. If those two matches don't reveal an evident winner, we play a final third one. If time's an issue, this last one is only 9 holes long. Oh, and cooled down Koelsch is obligatory.

Regarding your ambitious expansions though, they all sound very exciting. Teams of three, eh? Maybe from the same country? Krauty-Eagles will be a tough team to beat ;). But that's the future, meanwhile I'll work on my Baden National handicap to catch up on Busted.