NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Classic backside meltdown...I love it :p

Edit// I didn't even think a 9 stroke hole was even possibru. Cheers to mjmjr25.

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Los Turfes Meltdowns
golf-cart.jpg

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Opethian - -6 - Japan - Pip - AES - 3 credits

U3GvrCPl.jpg

Bc5eoMhl.jpg

TD6M1Rll.jpg

fookin hole 17 pillar !!!!!! but dat cart path on hole 11 saved my arse

Last edited:

bustedstr8

bustedstr8 - -10 - Aus - German - Mvs - 3cred

Spoiler:

17284357845_3f82628d13_c.jpg

17283833581_982e970d72_c.jpg

17283944431_76baee215c_c.jpg

I went to piss during the credits and missed the name register.

Last edited:

Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
tumblr_lyhdsdigUU1r3vhyuo1_400.gif

10 under! you need to change you name to Bust3d Woods

Last edited:

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Damn Busted, you just harshed my buzz. I was feeling pretty good about myself after doing pretty well on my Australia run. Oh well, it's still a personal best. Well played sir!

ShootTheCore - -6 - Australia - German - MVS - 3 continues

Photo Apr 27, 12 26 02 AM.jpgPhoto Apr 27, 12 25 36 AM.jpgPhoto Apr 27, 12 25 28 AM.jpg

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
Which brings me to question what level should we all be playing? MVS by default goes to level 4, AES Normal and CD Normal is level 3, so I think the best route is to go MVS level. Any thoughts?

I've been running my MVS copy in AES mode and picking Normal so far. Same thing with the CD version. I suggest going with Level 3 for MVS so that all the formats are on equal footing.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
Ugh. Wasn't particularly feeling it tonight. I'm really out of practice. I'd get 4-8 holes into USA and then get 3 bogeys in a row. I'll try again in the next few nights.

What tips do you guys have? I think I'm officially switching from the Japanese guy to the German. The Japanese guy wasn't quite getting me enough yards in my drives on the par 5's and the German gives me that at the expense of smaller meters.

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
NTM Los Turfes Club: Pocket Master League, should we? NGPC NTM is so good but I dunno if it's too much golfing, maybe a separate thread on the handheld section?
I'd be down for that.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
DOUBLE DIGITS!!!!!! Bust3d Woods Kicking Ass!

golf_getaways_tiger_woods_USOpen.jpg

Los Turfes Level UP!!!

ShootTheCore Tries to strike back...

Famous%20Korean%20golf%20player%20Michelle%20Wie%20image.PNG

This is Nancy's Report.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
This is Nancy's Report.

Allright youngstas, time for an ol' slacker to teach ya some golfin'... ;).

First up is my favourite, The Japan Classic. Tons of mistakes, still, I made the best out of it... Played on an PAL AES, 60Hz, japanese region (no BIOS installed, just two switches: region & Hz) with an original english cart. No memory card attached, MVS setting. Monitor is a Pioneer PDP V401E. Done the same day as posted.

The last shot... finally.

OLI-JPN-000.jpg

My chart. Bogey was due to my previous results, as in: the rank kicked me hard with winds up to 11 mph.

OLI-JPN-001.jpg

This is taken immediately after, but as you know, it flickers, so it's just luck to take a decent picture. You can still see an OLI shadow...

OLI-JPN-002.jpg

Took another one right after the credits.

OLI-JPN-003.jpg

And no, just because I'm from Germany, I don't actually look like that guy. He's obviously prussian style... but my first recommendation. Best character to choose from.

OLI-JPN-004.jpg

The Japan Classic is the second toughest course, the hardest being South-Europe International. As the manual says, it's a thinking man's course, meaning that you'll often have to pull shots btween 50 and 100%. And that is something to think about, because you have to determine for yourself how much is, let's say 83 on the power spectrum. Too much or to low and Nancy'll have a laugh...

My best result ever was a -19, the wolrld record is -24 by player ACC. Check this for comparison...

Next time it gets woody...

Edit: MVS setting - no credits

oliverclaude - -17 - Japan - Shot Maker - AES

And yes, you bet I mean business...

OLI.png

Last edited:

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Time to level up Turfes, a new challenger enters the final rounds!~

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
shit is too real in here for me, I stand no chance :lolz:

bustedstr8

Ugh. Wasn't particularly feeling it tonight. I'm really out of practice. I'd get 4-8 holes into USA and then get 3 bogeys in a row. I'll try again in the next few nights.

What tips do you guys have? I think I'm officially switching from the Japanese guy to the German. The Japanese guy wasn't quite getting me enough yards in my drives on the par 5's and the German gives me that at the expense of smaller meters.

The most important part of this game is analyzing the fairway and green. In your head plan out shot 1 then 2 and how you want to approach the green, Have an idea what your gonna do if a mistake happens. Will you play safe or just go for it? Getting setup to chip onto the green is the most important shot in the game, if you land the green well, you can one putt any hole.

Oh shit EG....Oli is on fire. We may need to spike his Thermos of whiskey sour with a few Ruffies to slow him down :vik:

I'm still warming up, been many years since Los Turfes where in action. Got another double digit under on Canyon last night on my second try, maybe just luck or some Johnny Walker mojo...who knows?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
shit is too real in here for me...

You bet ;)... and there's even no metallizer & BBH yet on the block. Those were the times.

O.k. Laddies, South-Europe International is no more...

MVS setting - 1cc

oliverclaude - -18 - Germany - Shot Maker - AES

Granted, this was more or less luck, still... I can do better. My personal best on this course is -20.

OLI-GER-000.jpg

Another bogey, but it is the first time that I eagl-ed on the last two holes.

OLI-GER-001.jpg

The chart looks unballanced, but I won't argue with a -18.

OLI-GER-002.jpg

This time I got the pic on the first shot.

OLI-GER-003.jpg

From Prussia with love... ;).

OLI-GER-004.jpg

Next up gonna be South-Pacific Open. The race is on!

Edit for typos.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
^Oli is taking no prisioners, god damn!

Yeah, you opened the Pandora's Box since this one's right down up my alley ;).

If you got any questions regarding particular holes or strategies in general, I'm in. Also a vid is not impossible. It gives a lot to actually see someone doing it, even if one can't recreate the same circumstances like wind and ball position later on.

Here are some pro-gear spec tips...

...you found yourself in the rough again? No prob. Just add 1/3rd of the distance to your club.

Example: Rough, distance 120 yards, no wind interference. 1/3rd of 120 is 40. You have to shoot with a 160 iron and you're good. Actually it is a bit less than 1/3rd, but details are to each their own.

...you found yourself in the heavy rough? Just add 1/2 of the distance to your club of choice.

Example: ...you got it, allright ;). But again, it is a bit less than half.

...a muzzler is taken by 2, at least. Got a 6er, then add 12 yards, better yet 15, to your club.

Example: Distance is 150, upwind is 6, you're on the green. You have to shoot with 150 + 10%, so full power on the 150 iron, exactly 165. And then, ...you're beautiful ;).

...and tallwinds? Apart the different direction, same thing. But get this: The higher you shoot your ball, the nastier the wind will blow. Pure logic ;).

Now this is just some minor of my basic NTM extravaganza. Experience is still king, meaning you can't just go out there, droolin over Nancy's, and say: Hey, but OC promised it would work like that... It works for me, as you can see, just give it a try now and then and adjust to the detail or better still, expand on it.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Hey Oli, what about Backspin and forward roll technics, how exactly does it work? Also Grain on the green, is it for the green as position on the screen or from where you're standing? Little things that make a big difference. Hills on the green are also a big problem 'cause the shading sometimes doesn't feel consistent, any thoughts on that?

Also I'm conflicted on the difficulty settings, MVS default level is 4. On AES MVS sits beneath hard but MVS difficulty is between Normal and Hard, am I right? Normal is level 3 vs MVS. I think it affects the overall game as the winds become less fierce on lower difficulties like normal and so on.

Last edited: