NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Of course it is bud, all versions are welcomed. You're gonna be the first Nintendo Switch record holder...talk about Los Turfes Club breaking ground with the times!

I'm so tempted to get it but kinda split in 4 ways with the current gen consoles and PC...the struggles of a turfer...

Looking forward to your participation. Welcome to the Club!

Thanks DarkJaguar :D

Tbh I'm not amazing at the game, not been playing it long, but its the first golf game I've enjoyed since Sensible Golf from back in the day. Hell, even the Mrs enjoys this one, and she is picky on what games she plays haha

I guess one thing which might be good if you did get it on Switch is the screenshot button function, its instantaneous without having to put the controller down to grab a camera/phone to take a shot of the screen for scores :)

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Ok so here goes my first scores from the switch version, I checked all the settings in the menus and it was set to level 4 in green the default setting I think, is this the same as MVS difficulty?

Name | Score | Course | Golfer | Platform | Credits
Magn0x | +2 | Germany| Technician UK | Nintendo Switch | 4 credits

C_StTniUQAE4TRW.jpg-large.jpg
C_StY6fVwAAqeRg.jpg-large.jpg
C_SteOGVoAA4dZW.jpg-large.jpg
C_Sti-VUIAAFhpz.jpg-large.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice Entry! That's a good start, trust me, you'll find yourself getting better and better as you go along. In the early pages there's a great trench of posts with tips and tricks, mostly from Oliverclaude scroll down memory lane and you'll see what I'm talking about. I love the UK golfer, he's the one I use the most.

Scoreboard update coming up...

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Nice Entry! That's a good start, trust me, you'll find yourself getting better and better as you go along. In the early pages there's a great trench of posts with tips and tricks, mostly from Oliverclaude scroll down memory lane and you'll see what I'm talking about. I love the UK golfer, he's the one I use the most.

Scoreboard update coming up...

Thanks Dark Jaguar! :)

I definitely need more practice on it, I have started using the hook a bit more now, didn't use it when I first started playing it, but definitely helps, especially with those damn trees haha

Thanks for the tip will go back and have a read through the pages, I definitely need them lol! ;)

I've always stuck with the UK golfer too, initially just because he was a UK player, but use him all the time now :)

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wow, that's pretty wild! It says something about Tool Assisted Runs, TAS and TFP, not sure how they work but I was impressive to watch nonetheless. -40...lolololol.

Magn0x

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Just had a go at the U.S.A course :)

Really enjoyed this Course, seemed a bit easier than Germany! Got my first Eagle ever which I'm really chuffed with :D (It was a fluke, not sure it will happen again haha)

Here's my scores:

Name | Score | Course | Golfer | Platform | Credits
Magn0x | -8 | U.S.A | Technician UK | Nintendo Switch | 3 credits

C_U8xm3U0AAbPq2.jpg-large.jpg
C_U83cWU0AEoD9d.jpg-large.jpg
C_U88OAUMAEqAG-.jpg-large.jpg
C_U9A41UMAAs5C9.jpg-large.jpg
C_U9GORU0AQ50Pn.jpg-large.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
That is some quick improvement right there, nice entry, moving up the ladder!

Jonster

n00b
Finally got around to posting here! I've been pretty addicted to this since picking it up. I just set a new personal best! The ball popped out of the hole (best way I can describe) on 13, denying me an average of a birdie for each hole. I'm still really happy with this though!

Jonster | - 17 | Australia | Shot Maker | Switch | 1 credit (no continues)

95I2TiGh.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
New heavy hitter among the faithful!!! Very exciting to see new blood coming in heavy and with a switch nonetheless!!!
Los Turfes Club is in dire need of an update, I've been slacking too long...BTW, Welcome Jonster, thanks for participating!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Last Wednesday I had a tough versus against my nemesis and... lost.

Duel-Japan.jpg

After the first nine holes I was way behind, by four points to be exact.

A very fortunate Eagle brought me back in the game. Unfortunately, a course has only 18 holes and I run out of them ;).

Our average round ends usually with a -14/-15, but this match was on a very high level, hence worth posting.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Very nice! Thanks for the post, keep on turfing!

Playing a versus has its own additional rules. Player 1 has a clear disadvantage, because he is the first to hit. Player 2 can observe and get a lot of free input. Granted, the wind may change, but such changes are rarely substantial. They're rather in the +/- 3 range on MVS difficulty, which isn't a problem for a skilled player.

Usually both players also face the same knobs and distortions on the green, which player one has to face first, while his opponent watches and studies. No wind here and it's always good to learn how decisive the grain is, because this changes from green to green.

In short, there are even times, where I played Par on purpose, just to be the second hitter on a difficult hole. Hehe... All is Fair in Golf and War ;).

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
IMHO If you pay attention to the hole splash screen in detail you'll be better prepared as 1P.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member
Check out 0x0097 in unibios jukebox. Have you guys ever heard this song in game? Pretty sweet if you ask me.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Have not got to play Neo Turf Masters yet but this looks great for a golf game. What would the theoretical lowest stroke count you could have for the game be on MVS Level (4)?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Have not got to play Neo Turf Masters yet but this looks great for a golf game. What would the theoretical lowest stroke count you could have for the game be on MVS Level (4)?

First, that depends on the course, of course (pun intended).

Each has its own difficulty level and this is how I'd rate them:

1. United Kingdom - Scotland Open Traditional: Edinburgh Old Links (Mania)

2. U.S.A. - Pan-American Golf Championship: Grand Canyon Golf Course in Arizona (Very Hard)

3. Germany - South-Europe International: Baden National Golf Course (Hard)

4. Japan - The Japan Classic: Fujiyama Oriental Golf Club at Mount Fuji (Hard)

5. Australia - South-Pacific Open: Blue Lagoon Golf Course in Cairns (Normal)

The course with the most possible Eagles bares also the biggest potential to achieve the lowest score.

Second, it depends on your kind of play.

If you play casually, like I do, then hole-in-one's & 'trick-shots' don't count, because they depend on luck. You don't look out for luck, if you're a casual player, the only objective is to crush your opponent, which forces you to play cool & safe. With such an ambition, The South-Pacific Open is the course, where you could collect most Eagles, i.e. achieve the lowest score.

If you play professional and go for the maximum, then you'll have to prospect for possible trick shots, though, like hitting roads or bridges to rebound directly into the hole, then count all hole-in-one possibilities in, and moreover rely heavily on the best possible winds to come to support your strike. That's an entirely different kind of game.

Third, that depends on the golfer you choose.

Here's your Golfer Selection:

1. The American Young Hero, George Spinner

2. The British Technician, Thomas Stewart

3. The Australian Veteran, Frank Adams

4. The German Shot Maker, Robert Landolt

5. The Brazilian Power Golfer, Fernando Almeida

6. The Japanese Putt Master, Toyoshige Takeno

If you play casually, The Shot Maker is always your best bet. If you go for pro, then the most powerful golfer, meaning Mr. Almeida, has to be your choice, because he can take you right on the green with the least strikes. Once there, your first putt must be in the hole, but I'd even go further and say that going for the maximum possible, would require you to hit the hole already from the fairway. As I said, luck is the kernel of the brute.

So, after all this tl;dr spiel, here's the answer to your question, as to what would be the theoretical lowest stroke count, that you could have for the game on MVS Level (4):

I don't know. I really don't. Never been that far, cause frankly, it's way above my pay grade...

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
replay.marpirc.net has what are close to if not the perfect scores for all the courses with replays you can play back to watch in mame

NexusX

Astra Superstar
@oliverclaude

That was a fantastic post with great information. Thank you very much for the info!

ajflutie

n00b
Hey Turfers,

1) 2 questions. Can someone break down the "Grain" direction as to where it points if you are NW, SW, NE, SE, N, E, W, S, from the pin? Every time I think I understand it, the ball goes the exact opposite to my calculation. I just lost in sudden death to my friend over this!

2) Has anyone tried NTM on the Switch? Any chance the game included the course Scotland?

ajflutie

n00b
Hey Turfers,

1) 2 questions. Can someone break down the "Grain" direction as to where it points if you are NW, SW, NE, SE, N, E, W, S, from the pin? Every time I think I understand it, the ball goes the exact opposite to my calculation. I just lost in sudden death to my friend over this!

2) Has anyone tried NTM on the Switch? Any chance the game included the course Scotland?

image1(2).PNG

Continuing, can someone explain the grain in the photo above then explain what would happen if the ball was else where on the green?

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Continuing, can someone explain the grain in the photo above then explain what would happen if the ball was else where on the green?

Best to imagine the grain as an invisible power pushing your golfball in the direction the green grain triangles point to. Taking your photo as the initial situation, i.e. the grain is pointing :downb:, let's say...

1. ...you want to hit: :upf:, there lies your hole on the screen.

-- your ball will be pushed: :downb:, i.e. it stays exactly on the course, but will roll slower.

-- coutermeasure: aim directly on the hole, but add one bar above the indication mark on the power meter.

2. ...you want to hit :up:, there lies your hole on the screen.

-- your ball will be pushed :downb:, i.e. it doesn't stay on course, it will be pushed to the left of the screen and it will be slowed down.

-- countermeasure: you have to aim to the right of the hole and add one bar above the indication mark on the power meter.

3. ...you want to hit :forw:, there lies your hole on the screen.

-- your ball will be pushed :downb:, i.e. it doesn't stay on course, it will be pushed down on the screen and it will be slowed down.

-- countermeasure: you have to aim a bit above the hole, point your aiming line to the upper side of the screen and add one bar above the indication mark on the power meter.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Try to figure out the following situations by yourself, answers are hidden with spoiler tags.

4. ...you want to hit :back:, there lies your hole on the screen.

Spoiler:
-- your ball will be pushed :downb:, i.e. it doesn't stay on course, it will be pushed down on the screen and it will be rolling faster.

-- countermeasure: you have to aim a bit above the hole, point your aiming line to the upper side of the screen and hit exactly the indication mark on the power meter.

5. ...you want to hit :downb:, there lies your hole on the screen.

Spoiler:
-- your ball will be pushed :downb:, i.e. it stays exactly on the course, but will roll faster.

-- countermeasure: aim directly on the hole, but hit one point below the indication mark on the power meter.

6. ...you want to hit :upb:, there lies your hole on the screen.

Spoiler:
-- your ball will be pushed :downb:, i.e. it doesn't stay on the course, it will be pushed to the left of the screen.

-- countermeasure: aim to the upper side of the screen, point your aiming line to the right edge of the hole.

ajflutie

n00b
Try to figure out the following situations by yourself, answers are hidden with spoiler tags.

4. ...you want to hit :back:, there lies your hole on the screen.

Spoiler:
-- your ball will be pushed :downb:, i.e. it doesn't stay on course, it will be pushed down on the screen and it will be rolling faster.

-- countermeasure: you have to aim a bit above the hole, point your aiming line to the upper side of the screen and hit exactly the indication mark on the power meter.

5. ...you want to hit :downb:, there lies your hole on the screen.

Spoiler:
-- your ball will be pushed :downb:, i.e. it stays exactly on the course, but will roll faster.

-- countermeasure: aim directly on the hole, but hit one point below the indication mark on the power meter.

6. ...you want to hit :upb:, there lies your hole on the screen.

Spoiler:
-- your ball will be pushed :downb:, i.e. it doesn't stay on the course, it will be pushed to the left of the screen.

-- countermeasure: aim to the upper side of the screen, point your aiming line to the right edge of the hole.
I completely get it now ! At times I had this calculation right, but I was over complicating certain parts of my thinking which now has brought me full circle.

Thank you!