NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I completely get it now ! At times I had this calculation right, but I was over complicating certain parts of my thinking which now has brought me full circle.

Thank you!

Wow, that's great! I hoped, that I didn't make a rather simple thing too complicated. Your photo idea is quite interesting, so if you happen to have a problem with a green, then post the pic and we can both share our thoughts on its tricky ground distortions.

Good luck with your sudden deaths ;).

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Oliver are you not interested to score the NGPC version?

It's on my list of to-do-&-play things. It's a big list, though and I definitely don't want to play on that little screen, with no backlight mod in existence.

Yohanov

n00b
Ok, cool! Give the console a shot outside during summer, the screen is great at catching light without reflections.

I'll try to score here once I fix some sound issue on my consolized mvs.

Yohanov

n00b
MVS is not the default setting on the AES but is necessary, if you want your records to be accepted by the international highscore coterie.

Nedless to say, I only touch the MVS setting on my setup. The wind is the crucial factor and you'll get plenty of it on the MVS difficulty. Without it's deadly influence, I could quite easily break the -24 world record, anyone could.

By the way, what is your source for this game records?

And what would currently be the best place to submit an "official" record?

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
By the way, what is your source for this game records?

And what would currently be the best place to submit an "official" record?

Two questions, one answer: Gemant, one of the most renowned Master Scorers of the western world, a true Arcade historian & composer of the latest Neo-Geo Master List, who also happens to be an old-tymer of these forums. If he's involved, there are no quotation marks around the term official.

ajflutie

n00b
Germany Scorecard

0000.png0003.png0004.png
0007.png0012.png

After a long hiatus of tournament play from the club, I've been honing in on my skills via 1v1 match plays for the past few years.

Mastering my reads of the green and also my new found skill of back/forward spin (thanks to this thread), I hit my first hole in one with my back spin beautifully spinning right into the calculation.

It is not longer a guessing game but a game of precision!

ajflutie | -15 | GER | GER | MAME | 1 |

Keep Turf'n!

Last edited:

ajflutie

n00b
ajflutie | -11 | Australia | German | MAME | 1 |

0001.png0002.png

I've now completed the world circuit!

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
i've been playing turf masters loads recently and is fast becoming my fav golf game :)

by the way, how do you do forward and back spin, never knew you could!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
by the way, how do you do forward and back spin, never knew you could!

After you hit your anticipated percentage of striking power on the first meter, you hold your stick/pad up (forward spin) or back (backspin) and hit the low/nice/high meter subsequently. When the ball was actually hit, you can release.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
nice, I'm just about got the hang of the spin :)

I managed to hit a -12 on the Japan course (and I double boogied the last hole too, I was so pi.ssed!) lol

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I managed to hit a -12 on the Japan course (and I double boogied the last hole too, I was so pi.ssed!) lol

Japan is my most favorite course. Here's what the manual has to tell us about it...

The Tassha (Technical) Course: Japan

Short holes, narrow fairways, and more pitfalls to shake a club at characterize this thinking man's course. Those who can control the height and flight of their shots will come out on top.

In my opinion the most versatile 18 holes in the whole game. You can play it over and over and never get bored.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
Japan is my most favorite course. Here's what the manual has to tell us about it...

In my opinion the most versatile 18 holes in the whole game. You can play it over and over and never get bored.

i agree, my worst course is in Germany, the greens are a nightmare

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
i agree, my worst course is in Germany, the greens are a nightmare

Hehe, it may be a pain in the ass at start, but this course has a perfect solution for every hole and a fair amount of Eagle possibilities. The US course is where I confront my nightmares. A 1cc on this one is a true achievement. Where Eagles Dare ;).

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
I am loving NTM but I am way too shit to be posting my scores lol

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I am loving NTM but I am way too shit to be posting my scores lol

But how can you expect to get better, if you don't? Don't loose heart and try the Aussie course. It offers the most Eagle possibilities and is overall the easiest. Hehe, it's the most fun, too, since you can do all crazy stuff w/o being punished much. Try it ;).

joala

Oh I'm still playing, just not ready to go public yet :lolz:

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
which golfer do you guys play with?, i've always gone with the first guy (the all rounder). i can tend to do best with him but don't get many eagle opportunities as his drive isn't far.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Oh I'm still playing, just not ready to go public yet :lolz:

Wise answer here.

which golfer do you guys play with?, i've always gone with the first guy (the all rounder). i can tend to do best with him but don't get many eagle opportunities as his drive isn't far.

The secret to success is hidden on the green and it'll rarely happen that you land there optimally. Ergo, you'll need most precise putting abilities, which to my knowledge offers only the Kraut. Try Robert Landdort a.k.a. Shot Maker. BTW Landdort roughly means 'landing there' in German.

joala

I'm normally choosing the 'young hero', but have started branching out with ze German.

Definitely my favourite MVS cart at the moment. Once I have a score that would not cause one embarrassment, I'll post it here

joala

Still trying to win Japan with Mr Spiner, but did get my first hole in one today :)

20180314_180103.jpg

So annoying that they always ramp the wind up on the last few difficult holes! Bastards!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Still trying to win Japan with Mr Spiner, but did get my first hole in one today :)

View attachment 49270

So annoying that they always ramp the wind up on the last few difficult holes! Bastards!

Congrats on your hole in one! Next achievement: An Albatross (hehe)

Note on the wind: Say you have a 6m wind coming from left or right, that is the equivalent to a single slice or hook respectively. A 12m wind is worth a double slice/hook. If you have an Xm headwind, it's 3 x X.

Example: Distance is 125 yards, X headwind is 6

Calculation: 3 x 6 = 18, 125 + 18 = 143

Solution: Taking the 130 club and striking with 110%, i.e. all the way on your first meter (100% = 130 + 10% = 13, 130 + 13 = 143). Second meter maybe slightly off-center, because "nice" adds another yard and I'm a cautious guy.

joala

Congrats on your hole in one! Next achievement: An Albatross (hehe)

Note on the wind: Say you have a 6m wind coming from left or right, that is the equivalent to a single slice or hook respectively. A 12m wind is worth a double slice/hook. If you have an Xm headwind, it's 3 x X.

Example: Distance is 125 yards, X headwind is 6

Calculation: 3 x 6 = 18, 125 + 18 = 143

Solution: Taking the 130 club and striking with 110%, i.e. all the way on your first meter (100% = 130 + 10% = 13, 130 + 13 = 143). Second meter maybe slightly off-center, because "nice" adds another yard and I'm a cautious guy.

Yeah cheers, I've only just worked out about compensating hook\slice with the wind in the past few days. I'll get there!

joala

So I'm doing something right

20180315_182638.jpg

Managed to win Japan with George Spiner finally

20180315_184018.jpg

Missed the freaking scorecard though LOL

20180315_184012.jpg