NEO TURF MASTERS: Los Turfes Club! Score Thread.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Everything with a minus is good. I'd guess two credits? That's also a nice start, especially for a Spinner playthrough.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
I'm trying to 'master' him as much as I can, then move on to someone else

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'm trying to 'master' him as much as I can, then move on to someone else

The funny thing is, I started the same way using Spinner. The game changer came, when I brutally lost to a guy, who later became my NTM archenemy. He used Laddort. And the moral of this story? As long as you just play with yourself (no pun intended ;) you'll be just fine with George.

enjoying reading through this thread. i chipped in from a sand pit today, first time for that, didn't think it was possible but it lead me here so fuckin yay.

joala

enjoying reading through this thread. i chipped in from a sand pit today, first time for that, didn't think it was possible but it lead me here so fuckin yay.

Me too! You'll be buzzin when that first hole in one goes in :)

joala

Decent round on Australia (of course) with ze german

20180418_204750.jpg 20180418_204755.jpg

ajflutie

n00b
Congrats on your hole in one! Next achievement: An Albatross (hehe)

Note on the wind: Say you have a 6m wind coming from left or right, that is the equivalent to a single slice or hook respectively. A 12m wind is worth a double slice/hook. If you have an Xm headwind, it's 3 x X.

Example: Distance is 125 yards, X headwind is 6

Calculation: 3 x 6 = 18, 125 + 18 = 143

Solution: Taking the 130 club and striking with 110%, i.e. all the way on your first meter (100% = 130 + 10% = 13, 130 + 13 = 143). Second meter maybe slightly off-center, because "nice" adds another yard and I'm a cautious guy.

If you wrote a book on turf masters I would buy it.

ajflutie

n00b
The funny thing is, I started the same way using Spinner. The game changer came, when I brutally lost to a guy, who later became my NTM archenemy. He used Laddort. And the moral of this story? As long as you just play with yourself (no pun intended ;) you'll be just fine with George.
Now that I have a pretty good hand on the game I think its time to drop ole Ted
Danson (Germany) and play with the Brazil character based off this story.

Oliver quick question, how do you calculate for being in the Rough, Heavy Rough, and sand?

Your wind tutorial was awesome. I casually shot -12 in Japan today on my new Wii set up to my TV. Wireless controller is why I did it. Will have to play again and update my scorecard there.

Im sorry if you posted this information in your foot note all things ntm. The link doesn't work for me.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Im sorry if you posted this information in your foot note all things ntm. The link doesn't work for me.

That's perfectly all right, you see, with experience constantly growing, I understand the need to update my old input on a regular basis anyway. So...

Oliver quick question, how do you calculate for being in the Rough, Heavy Rough, and sand?

As you know, I base my calculations on Laddort alone. With him in mind and excluding wind influence of any kind...

Fairway -- This is our zero-sum situation, i.e. you strike nice and 100% on point with a 100 iron club, then your ball reaches exactly 100 yards.

Rough -- This is, where addition begins. Being in the Rough, you have to add 1/3rd of the distance to your club, i.e. the distance is 75 yards, 1/3rd of this distance gives us 25 yards more. 75 + 25 = 100. All you have to do is to strike nice and 100% on point with a 100 iron club and you should be fine.

Heavy Rough -- Being in the Heavy Rough, you have to add the whole distance to your club, i.e. the distance is 50 yards, this gives us 50 yards more to add. 50 + 50 = 100. All you have to do is to strike nice and 100% on point with a 100 iron club and you should be fine.

Sand Traps are more complicated, because of additional increments of the ball's delve into the sand. IIRC these are:

The Submarine Level -- Your ball is under the sand level.

The Periscope Level -- The peak of your ball sticks above the sand level.

The Emergence Level -- Approximately half of your ball is above the sand level.

The Surface Level -- The lower tip of your ball is still under the sand level.

The Yellow Submarine -- Your ball's gently lying on the sand, barely touching it.

Now, the Periscope and Emergence levels equal Heavy Rough and Rough scenarios respectively. Submarine is way above Heavy Rough and Yellow Submarine is a bit below Fairway situations, both happen rarely, though. Yet, these calculations are still under development, since I rarely get trapped in a Bunker. (Yeah, I'm so full of pep. Must have had my grande latte enema this morning ;).

Last edited:

ajflutie

n00b
That's perfectly all right, you see, with experience constantly growing, I understand the need to update my old input on a regular basis anyway. So...

As you know, I base my calculations on Laddort alone. With him in mind and excluding wind influence of any kind...

Fairway -- This is our zero-sum situation, i.e. you strike nice and 100% on point with a 100 iron club, then your ball reaches exactly 100 yards.

Rough -- This is, where addition begins. Being in the Rough, you have to add 1/3rd of the distance to your club, i.e. the distance is 75 yards, 1/3rd of this distance gives us 25 yards more. 75 + 25 = 100. All you have to do is to strike nice and 100% on point with a 100 iron club and you should be fine.

Heavy Rough -- Being in the Heavy Rough, you have to add 1/2nd of the distance to your club, i.e. the distance is 50 yards, 1/2nd of this distance gives us 50 yards more. 50 + 50 = 100. All you have to do is to strike nice and 100% on point with a 100 iron club and you should be fine.

Sand Traps are more complicated, because of additional increments of the ball's delve into the sand. IIRC these are:

The Submarine Level -- Your ball is under the sand level.

The Periscope Level -- The peak of your ball sticks above the sand level.

The Emergence Level -- Approximately half of your ball is above the sand level.

The Surface Level -- The lower tip of your ball is still under the sand level.

The Yellow Submarine -- Your ball's gently lying on the sand, barely touching it.

Now, the Periscope and Emergence levels equal Heavy Rough and Rough scenarios respectively. Submarine is way above Heavy Rough and Yellow Submarine is a bit below Fairway situations, both happen rarely, though. Yet, these calculations are still under development, since I rarely get trapped in a Bunker. (Yeah, I'm so full of pep. Must have had my grande latte enema this morning ;).

Oliver you the man !! I rarely find my self in anything but the fairway too but this helps for those one/two holes I end up there.

I tried playing with the Brazilian ... Thats a no go for me, though I eagled two holes I normally wouldn't I boggy all the holes I normally par because I am awful at putting. Im going to try to play with Japan for my next score card as I enjoyed him in my next game hitting puts I usually don't make.

Quick quesiton, when in the rough / heavy rough do you measure by distance or distance of the club?

On examples for Rough you did 1/3 of distance but Heavy Rough you did 1/2 distance of the club.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Quick quesiton, when in the rough / heavy rough do you measure by distance or distance of the club?

Yeah, my mistake. Not 1/2, but 2/1, i.e. 2x (two times the distance): 50 yards distance require a 100 yard strike with your club (2x50=100), 100 yards require a 200 yard strike (2x100=200) and so on. I'll edit that.

F34R

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Being new to the game, reading through the thread, this is going to make a world of difference. Best I've done is finishing even on any course lol.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Being new to the game, reading through the thread, this is going to make a world of difference. Best I've done is finishing even on any course lol.

Very good! A fine start, especially on the USA course. If you have any questions, especially about particular holes, you're welcome to ask. The data has to be uptaded anyway, so it doesn't matter, if it has been discussed before, or not. Just shoot... and may the Birdies be with you ;).

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
aust.png

hi all, long time no turfes.

lmao not only my first ace but my second not long afterwards. saw someone playing as UK so figured i would try. never played as anyone but landolt or really on any course but germany so the back 9 was pretty sloppy. i was one bad putt away from 1cc as well :crying:

i miss having landolt's power, i felt i had to play it too safe most of the time. i think at least one or two of those pars could have been birds.

ebinsugewa | -13 | Australia | UK | MVS (MAME .198) | 2 Credits

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
i miss having landolt's power, i felt i had to play it too safe most of the time. i think at least one or two of those pars could have been birds.

An overpowered German... Japanese designers sure have a distinct sense of humor.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Whenever I see this thread bumped I wonder how Chris is.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
ebinsugewa | -12 | Japan | UK | AES (MVS Mode) | 2 Credits

I think I can improve this one a fair bit. Was focused on playing it a bit safe on a few problem holes.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
ebinsugewa | -12 | Japan | UK | AES (MVS Mode) | 2 Credits

I think I can improve this one a fair bit. Was focused on playing it a bit safe on a few problem holes.

Nice score, ebinsugewa! What were your problem holes, I wonder? Not that the Japan Course is lacking them by any means, especially when the wind get's a kick out of it ;).

For me the Fujiyama Oriental sums up pretty much like this: #5, #6, #8 are Eagle holes, #11 is where I tend to play safe, #14 is tricky because of the steep elevation on the green and #16 has a tricky tee shot. All other holes are relatively manageable in my opinion.

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
BUMP!

Pretty Amy| -11 | Australia | German | Switch (MVS) | 3 Credits

Spoiler:
32MlRjx.jpg

h1M4Fxb.jpg

Been meaning to reread all of oliverclaude's posts and get back in here the past few years.

My previous best was -5 on Australia. Grinded a number of games out, including a few -6's and a -9. I was sitting at -10 on the 17th hole, but fucked up my putt and took a bogey. Was nervous about getting a birdie on the 18th, but ended up with my only eagle. First double-digit score.

What's the next easiest course? Japan?