Alex Rodriquez is a stud again, and other 2015 MLB

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Like, really, who saw that coming? I dunno, I'm kind of enjoying A-Rod being the best player on the Yankees again, when he wasn't even supposed to be the primary DH.

And, there's everybody else. The Nats aren't winning the WS, even though they'll win 99 games. Tulo is going to get hurt again and us Rockies fans will root for Bill Geivitt to trade him for a box of baseballs.

Dodgers/Royals in the World Series, LA wins in 6.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I just want the fucking Rockies to stop resting starters every night.

We do that every god damn year and they all get hurt anyway. Might as well throw them out there.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I just want the fucking Rockies to stop resting starters every night.

We do that every god damn year and they all get hurt anyway. Might as well throw them out there.

As long as Nolan Arrenado doesn't get hurt, I'm happy (enough).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
So it's okay to have bulked up on steroids and become massively strong, so long as you take a year or two off?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
if you're on the Yankees yea

wasabi pls

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
As a Blue Jays fan, I can't say anything positive about the Yankees or Red Sox, or the rest of the AL East really. I am surprised with A-Rod though; a lot was made about how his swing speed had decreased. Blue Jays are off to a disappointing start already; those injuries in spring training were a precursor.

MLB needs to make these games faster, because as Homer Simpson said, I didn't know how boring this game was without beer.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
A-Rod did sign a baseball for my GF last week. The redemption tour continues.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
even though it is early in the season, it's neat seeing the mets be relevant.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
As a Blue Jays fan, I can't say anything positive about the Yankees or Red Sox, or the rest of the AL East really. I am surprised with A-Rod though; a lot was made about how his swing speed had decreased.
Totally- he was late on fastballs when he last played two years ago, and now he's crushing them. Gonna be interesting in a few weeks here when he and the players' union sue the Yankees for not recognizing his 661st home run as a "milestone" in hopes of not paying him his $6 million bonus.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I really do wonder how the yips happen. I bet there have been studies, but finding subjects would obviously be challenging. I gotta google that shit.

edit: Ian Desmond, catastrophe.

Last edited:

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Yanks r whippin dat ass right now f u Collins!!1!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
ARod is two homers away from triggering one of the most interesting lawsuits in sports in a while. I hope he hits like this all year and is therefore a strong MVP candidate. That would be so much fun.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
So, the Astros are the best team in baseball.

I half want to root for them for working such an intelligent rebuild, and I half think they're a shitty organization for what they did to Brady Aiken last year (even though they were right).

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
If you look at pitchers like Sonny Gray, Scott Kazmir and Jesse Chavez they'd have way more wins if their bullpens could hold their leads. I really think those are the kind of guys Billy Beane might try to trade for. Oh, wait.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
If you look at pitchers like Sonny Gray, Scott Kazmir and Jesse Chavez they'd have way more wins if their bullpens could hold their leads.

This. They went from having a top 5 or better bullpen ERA in 2014 and so far they have one of the worst bullpens this year.

Gray has been dominant thus far, even in his 1 losing effort. He's a true joy to watch...

but I'm sure he'll be gone from Oakland soon like every other young rising talent over recent years.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
The Rockies have no ability to evaluate pitching talent.

If they trade Tulo they'll just end up with shitty prospects, and then we'll still have shitty pitching but minus the Gold Glove/Silver Slugger caliber shortstop.

Sure, he's always hurt. But when he's healthy he puts up Ernie Banks numbers.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
The Rockies have no ability to evaluate pitching talent.

If they trade Tulo they'll just end up with shitty prospects, and then we'll still have shitty pitching but minus the Gold Glove/Silver Slugger caliber shortstop.

Sure, he's always hurt. But when he's healthy he puts up Ernie Banks numbers.

his home road splits reveal all.

wrong side of 30, owed way too much, rockies value him like he is still 25, lost his power in colorado.

May god have mercy on whatever team picks him up. Way too much luggage for 1/2 an ernie banks.

edit: bonus: he wont remain a SS for long. Will be forced to third in the next year or 2.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
his home road splits reveal all.

wrong side of 30, owed way too much, rockies value him like he is still 25, lost his power in colorado.

May god have mercy on whatever team picks him up. Way too much luggage for 1/2 an ernie banks.

edit: bonus: he wont remain a SS for long. Will be forced to third in the next year or 2.
I don't really think the front office would prefer to keep him, for the reasons you list coupled with his insane contract. Thing is, trading that contract away would be very hard, especially trying to get decent return (I doubt the Mets would trade Snydergard or deGrom for him, to be honest). Probably be somewhere in the direction of the Josh Hamilton deal- Rockies would stay responsible for a good portion of his payout.

His and CarGo's contracts are absolutely more detrimental than not as this point.