BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Eastbound & Down
The Wire
W/Bob and David (on netflix, just started)

Older stuff you might have already seen:

LOST (everyone needs to watch this at least once)
Prison Break
Boardwalk Empire
Bates Motel (I stopped watching this, but I'm thinking of continuing, it's a little slow and stupid)
Arrested Development
The Sopranos
Seinfeld
The Newsroom

Has anyone watched "Luther"? I want to check it out since it has the dude from The Wire.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have been watching From Dusk til Dawn the Series on Netflix. It's been very good. In fact, I am enjoying it more than the movie.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I have been watching From Dusk til Dawn the Series on Netflix. It's been very good. In fact, I am enjoying it more than the movie.

Noted... and added to list... along with Luther UK TV series:D

xROTx

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Is "Ray Donovan" (Showtime) good? Jag-Master, you mentioned it so I figured I'd ask.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
King Star King (adultswim) - I only watched one episode, but I'm gonna try to watch the rest of it. Like super jail, really weird.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Apologies in advance if these have already been mentioned
1. Rick and Morty. My favourite adult cartoon at the moment season 2 has only recently finished.
2. Utopia. Channel 4 show that's run for 2 seasons.
3. Black mirror. Charlie Brooker anthology series that's run for 2 seasons, episodes vary in quality but a few real gems in there. The episode "The National Anthem" is a must see, here's a link to IMDB so you can get an idea of what i'm talking about.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2089051/?ref_=ttep_ep1

Wonder if David Cameron has watched this ??

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The Last Kingdom
The Bastard Executioner

Shows to catch up on if you haven't watched them yet

BLACK SAILS
Game of Thrones

I also still watch The Walking Dead but this season has been pretty poor.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Narcos on Netflix is severely underrated.

It's like Game of Thrones, only with Cocaine.

You obviously haven't gotten to the later episodes.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I find a lot of people recommending shows because they watch them, but not because they are good. My gf is really bad at this. We watch some shows that just aren't that great, but are passably interesting. Plus we are already invested in them, so we feel the need to keep watching.

Not Great, but watchable:
-The Strain
-Penny Dreadful
-The Leftovers , i'm not even sure i'd recommend this one.

Great, and worth watching
-The Knick
-Master of Nothing, Aziz's new one on Netflix
-Peaky Blinders
-Luther , bout a year old now, but awesome.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Fear The Walking Dead - I did not have high hopes for this but it's actually really good.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Z-Nation is the best show on Television.

Easily one of the best TV shows ever.

I could write a book on just how awesome this show is but I will just leave you with this.

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
comic book men, can get a little over rehearsed,but still a entertaining show.

bbc's sherlock, way better then the movies staring that fucktard robert downey jr.

and simpsons as always. favourite tv show of all time.

some others i watch are grounded for life,viva la bam and the twilight zone.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The first non-Treehouse of Horror Halloween episode that aired a few weeks ago was easily one of the best Simpsons episodes in 15 years.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i haven't seen all the newer episodes, but the show has been doing better in the last couple of seasons then it has done in years.

will check out the treehouse of horror.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
The first episode of Into the Badlands was promising. Interesting visuals and setting, fight choreography is awesome.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Best of shows currently
Banshee
Black Sails
Walking Dead
Game of Thrones

Good so far - Marco Polo & Daredevil

Shows that ended
Spartacus (Greatest of all time)
Deadwood
Firefly
Lost
Battlestar Galactica
Eastbound and Downs
True Detective

Currently watching
Ash vs Evil Dead

Still need to see the Wire, HBO finally has it on HD.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
This season of Fargo is really good. Last season was, too, in a fairly different way.

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
This season of Fargo is really good. Last season was, too, in a fairly different way.

I just finished season one of Fargo. What an amazing show man and I can't wait to dig into season 2.
I liked Marco Polo and hope they do another season on netflix. However, I am probably gonna start Narcos pretty soon here.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I binged the whole series of Jessica Jones and it's really, really good. Better than Daredevil, and much darker. Better character development, bettter diagolue, more complete exploration of its themes. The only thing Daredevil did better was fight choreography.

Killgrave is probably the best live action villain Marvel has ever done.

Of all the comic book shows on TV right now, this belongs in the top tier with Flash, Daredevil, and iZombie. It blows stuff like Arrow, Constantine, Supergirl, Gotham, Agents of SHIELD, Powers, and Agent Carter clean out of the water.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im about halfway through jessica jones. its tremendous. man in high castle is also amazing if you have an amazon account.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I find a lot of people recommending shows because they watch them, but not because they are good. My gf is really bad at this. We watch some shows that just aren't that great, but are passably interesting. Plus we are already invested in them, so we feel the need to keep watching.

Not Great, but watchable:
-The Strain
-Penny Dreadful
-The Leftovers , i'm not even sure i'd recommend this one.

Great, and worth watching
-The Knick
-Master of Nothing, Aziz's new one on Netflix
-Peaky Blinders
-Luther , bout a year old now, but awesome.

Yep, Peaky Blinders is great. I was just recommended this by a friend at work last week. I'm totally caught up in it.

Stuff that is still running... I think, that I like. It's hard to keep up with what's still out when you only watch streaming tv.

Vikings
Peaky Blinders
Game of Thrones obviously
NOVA Science now, I'm always watching this, and getting made fun of here.
Hell on Wheels
Wayward Pines (not sure how I feel about this yet, I think it's getting shitty fast)
True Detective
Forged in Fire
Last Kingdom
American Horror Story (Although I only really liked the first season a lot so far, the rest have been meh...)

I also want to watch Hannibal, and Better Call Saul.

How would you all rate Hannibal?

Also, has anyone seen the new evil dead series?

Although not new, 2 of my favorite series ever are Carnivale on HBO. If you want to see some freaky fucked up, weird shit, watch this. It gets epic in season 2.

Also, City of Men. It's a spinoff of City of City of God, which is one of my all time favorite movies. It is quite different though. Instead of a bunch of punks running around causing trouble, it's about 2 kids growing up in Rio in the slums and trying to stayt out of trouble. It's quite different per episode, as some may be the friends just at the beach selling popcicles, and the next episode will be gunfights. I really like it for the character development, and Lil Ze plays a normal role as a regular person.

Last edited: