BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Some very solid stuff coming shortly- True Detective Season 3 starts on Sunday, The Punisher Season 2 is a week from Friday, and American Gods Season 2 is coming in March. Game of Thrones final season in April, obligatory mention.

I just started GOT about a month ago. I'll be watching season 3 of the BDs soon.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I've been watching The Masked Singer and its entertaining. I don't know where I'm at with Gotham, but I'll be watching it this season when I can.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Watching Iron Fist 2nd Season

Danny is still a pussy, was he like this in the comics? Still enjoying it though.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
The best tv show to watch currently, right now today... is still Twin Peaks (1990).

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
The best tv show to watch currently, right now today... is still Twin Peaks (1990).

Fuck yeah it is!!!

“There’s a fish in the percolator” is the most beautiful phrase in English.

I said that quote to my wife the other day and she had no idea WTF i was talking about. She saw the first two seasons, not the third. Sounds like that it's time to re-watch the entire series again!

I still jerk it to Audrey Horne.

Back in the day she was pretty hot, but Shelly was/is way hotter IMO.... Especially these days.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Now a days yes. Back then I always thought she was too skinny.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Audrey Horne today is a perfect example of how too much plastic surgery will make you look like a stuffed animal.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Some very solid stuff coming shortly- True Detective Season 3 starts on Sunday, The Punisher Season 2 is a week from Friday, and American Gods Season 2 is coming in March. Game of Thrones final season in April, obligatory mention.

I finally watched True Dick season 1 and loved it. Never watched 2, heard it wasn't all that great. Season 3 seems hopeful. Punisher? Man...I don't know about that one. Season 1 was really bad. Netflix has a knack for screwing up what could be good comics shows.

I am really looking forward to GoT's final season...

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I finally watched True Dick season 1 and loved it. Never watched 2, heard it wasn't all that great. Season 3 seems hopeful. Punisher? Man...I don't know about that one. Season 1 was really bad. Netflix has a knack for screwing up what could be good comics shows.

I am really looking forward to GoT's final season...

True Detective season 1 was 10/10 for me. Season two 7/10.

I'm also looking forward to GoT, allthough I'm very apprehensive since last season was utter garbage. I've never seen an awesome TV show go down the drain so fast, ever.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm also looking forward to GoT, allthough I'm very apprehensive since last season was utter garbage. I've never seen an awesome TV show go down the drain so fast, ever.

Martin's blueprint is a masterpiece for long form television adaptation. But even with the overall quality of Game of Thrones as an adapted series, it's still horribly abridged.

Filler is dreadfully obvious and painful to watch on this show. The fight between Jamie and Bron and the Sand Snakes was the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen on a series produced by HBO. It was so tone deaf and out of place in the series. I think the relationship between Grey Worm and Missandei is a complete and utter waste of the audience's time.

So on the one hand, I could say 'season 7 should have been ten episodes so they could take their time with the story and not confuse the audience with how quickly people are moving around the continent'. On the other hand, do I really want to see how the showrunners will fuck that up?

But all of this said, I am still going to watch the final season.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Audrey Horne today is a perfect example of how too much plastic surgery will make you look like a stuffed animal.

2B934C0B00000578-3207219-Back_for_more_Meanwhile_it_was_said_in_March_that_the_star_is_ve-a-1_1440283978182.jpg

I think you're thinking of Laura Flynn Boyle, who played Donna in the original series.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just embrace homosexuality early, because that woman will become a ugliness old man eventually.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I think Vikings has fallen off a bit. This season is not very interesting. I was looking for a show to watch. I'm watching the 100. I think I heard good stuff about it before. It is just alright so far (finished season 1).

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I think Vikings has fallen off a bit. This season is not very interesting. I was looking for a show to watch. I'm watching the 100. I think I heard good stuff about it before. It is just alright so far (finished season 1).

I tried to watch Vikings a few times. Each time I hit a scene where it pushed gender equality and I shut it off.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I tried to watch Vikings a few times. Each time I hit a scene where it pushed gender equality and I shut it off.

Normally, I am not a fan of this sort of thing either. In the case of Vikings, however, I didn't notice it right away and found myself engrossed in the series from Season 3 on.

As it pertains to 'gender equality' in the Scandinavian cultures of the early 20th century, there is some precedent for it rooted in fact. To be clear, we know little about their culture because they weren't into documenting much of the day to day stuff and most of what they made wasn't built to last. We do know some of their cultural identity because of other people that crossed paths with them and DID write it down, such as the English and so forth. We've had to interpret it through the lens of the time, which any self respecting Anthropologist or Historian would do (you'd be surprised how many in the field today want to chronocentrically re-interpret these things through a supposedly 'progressive' lens). Also worth noting is that the single biggest reason the Nordic raiding culture died out was because most of them converted to Christianity as they migrated to other parts of the world and settled. They adopted a new way of life for social, economic and spiritual reasons. There are enough accounts of their general attitude about things that a perception has formed that indicates they were a fluid people in terms of identity, capable of adapting and not nearly as angry as popular fiction would portray them.

As it regards gender equality, we know that Shield Maidens existed, as well as the Valkyrie in Norse mythology. Both are romanticized as being capable warriors but we don't really know whether or not Shield Maidens were legit fighters or if it was just a ceremonial position that has been inflated to mythical proportions. There IS a documented battle where they took part in some defense but the details of that encounter escape me They're described as being quite fierce but old history is fanciful and that could mean any number of things. We also see in the Eddas that women in mythology weren't written strictly as trophy wives or agents of mystery and chaos to confound and befuddle men but also had agency. I'm just glossing over all f this; I don't have a degree in this stuff. But there's a lot about human behavior that, when weighed with the evidence we have regarding 'Viking' culture (which in itself is a misnomer; Viking was an activity, not a title, but one that makes it easily accessible to the layman), suggests it may have been a more egalitarian society than others.

But all of that said, I totally understand why, in this current climate of how media entertainment is produced, someone tired of virtue signalling in their entertainment might change the channel when they see how gender equality is handled in Vikings.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
2B934C0B00000578-3207219-Back_for_more_Meanwhile_it_was_said_in_March_that_the_star_is_ve-a-1_1440283978182.jpg

I think you're thinking of Laura Flynn Boyle, who played Donna in the original series.
HOLY HANNAH

I just checked, and she was 45 at the time of that photo. She would have looked better than that at 85 if she hadn't fucked around with that shit. Congratulations, now you'd be the ugly one if you were still dating Jack Nicholson.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Normally, I am not a fan of this sort of thing either. In the case of Vikings, however, I didn't notice it right away and found myself engrossed in the series from Season 3 on.

As it pertains to 'gender equality' in the Scandinavian cultures of the early 20th century, there is some precedent for it rooted in fact. To be clear, we know little about their culture because they weren't into documenting much of the day to day stuff and most of what they made wasn't built to last. We do know some of their cultural identity because of other people that crossed paths with them and DID write it down, such as the English and so forth. We've had to interpret it through the lens of the time, which any self respecting Anthropologist or Historian would do (you'd be surprised how many in the field today want to chronocentrically re-interpret these things through a supposedly 'progressive' lens). Also worth noting is that the single biggest reason the Nordic raiding culture died out was because most of them converted to Christianity as they migrated to other parts of the world and settled. They adopted a new way of life for social, economic and spiritual reasons. There are enough accounts of their general attitude about things that a perception has formed that indicates they were a fluid people in terms of identity, capable of adapting and not nearly as angry as popular fiction would portray them.

As it regards gender equality, we know that Shield Maidens existed, as well as the Valkyrie in Norse mythology. Both are romanticized as being capable warriors but we don't really know whether or not Shield Maidens were legit fighters or if it was just a ceremonial position that has been inflated to mythical proportions. There IS a documented battle where they took part in some defense but the details of that encounter escape me They're described as being quite fierce but old history is fanciful and that could mean any number of things. We also see in the Eddas that women in mythology weren't written strictly as trophy wives or agents of mystery and chaos to confound and befuddle men but also had agency. I'm just glossing over all f this; I don't have a degree in this stuff. But there's a lot about human behavior that, when weighed with the evidence we have regarding 'Viking' culture (which in itself is a misnomer; Viking was an activity, not a title, but one that makes it easily accessible to the layman), suggests it may have been a more egalitarian society than others.

But all of that said, I totally understand why, in this current climate of how media entertainment is produced, someone tired of virtue signalling in their entertainment might change the channel when they see how gender equality is handled in Vikings.

I don't mind if there are valkyries, but I strongly believe in roles. If one person wears the pants, the other wears the butt plug and bit. One will be submissive, and one dominant. Having two doms in a relationship is as if the writer is saying: "I am not in a relationship, and never have been in one that worked."

Some of you guys may disagree, but that's ok, because some of you are also the submissive bitch in the relationship.