BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Preacher had a decent run during Season 2, when the Saint was chasing Jesse, where it was really good. Strong central conflict, strong antagonist, Genesis was fun. Other than that it's an underachieving mess. First season was bad, and this one reminds me much more of it than it does the strong part of S2. Granma is boring, and the conflict with her is, too. Tulip is pointless, Genesis is out, Starr is still alright but the All Father dominates his scenes, feels like. And Hitler and Eugene, ugh, dumb. Cass' stuff has been consistently good, but that's the only compliment I'd give S3.

I thought the final Hitler and Eugene scene from last season was one of the funniest moments of the show.

They get off the bus, Eugene goes off on some optimistic speech. Hitler just takes off running, Eugene finishes his speech to find Hitler gone, just says "...shit."

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Sharp Objects has ended and it was worth watching indeed. Kinda dark, so not for everyone I guess.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sharp Objects has ended and it was worth watching indeed. Kinda dark, so not for everyone I guess.

Sharp Objects feels incredibly limited in scope.
Settings:
The mansion
The alleyway
The fountain in the town square by the alley
The creepy shed in the woods that hasn’t been torn down
A few random rooms

Realizing this, the show starts to come off as tight budgeted.

I’m not crazy about the main actress’s wooden-ness. But it’s a decent mystery.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Solid S3 finale for Preacher.

I was about to say the same. I have so much fun with this show. Watching Grandma cop it was worth it.

Also, the scene in the previous episode where Jesse releases the Humperdoo clones had me in fits.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Just finished season 2 of Ozark. If it keeps up at this pace, it will easily be one of my favorite shows of all time. Every single episode of season 2 had me on edge.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Death in Paradise (BBC; on Netflix) has been our guilty pleasure over the summer. It's clean, thematic, and fun. Based on a fictional Caribbean island but shot on Guadeloupe - the setting is just fun for summer and the lead actress is really something. The sexual tension between the English detective and her is a bit odd - he's certainly quirky and charming, but still just hard to buy the tension that the show is putting out.

That aside - the shows are just fun and somewhat clever. The have a Monk/Murder She Wrote feel - a murder that resolves in 50 minutes, same few characters, a couple jokes, super light and super clean.

Ozark S2 is next on list. Glad to hear it's holding up.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Sharp Objects' ending was done well enough to make up for my various complaints about the show.

Ozark S2 is kind of interesting how it's handling the characters- Ruth and Jonah feel like the most relatable characters and the closest thing to proper protagonists on the show, at least at the point I'm at (about halfway).

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
I'm gonna give blood drive a go this weekend, it look's like the kind of gory, grindhouse nonsence i like.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I'm gonna give blood drive a go this weekend, it look's like the kind of gory, grindhouse nonsence i like.

Low expectations will be your friend there. I stuck with the show for about 4 episodes then just got bored. Every episode is structured nearly the exact same way. Colin Cunningham as Slink is by far the best part, he's pretty awesome in it.

Anyone watching Mayans MC? I made it through the waaay overlong premiere and it was alright. Strong SOA vibes, which is good. Impressive amount of F-bombs for a basic cable show. The over-reliance on drug cartels (Ozark, Better Call Saul, Mayans) is getting a little silly, though.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Best show on tv is currently Castle Rock. I am ready for the finale. This show has some serious Twin Peaks influence. Or maybe the obvious influence on Twin Peaks of King is happening here. Saying that because The Stand appeared prominently on a shelf in TP.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Best show on tv is currently Castle Rock. I am ready for the finale. This show has some serious Twin Peaks influence. Or maybe the obvious influence on Twin Peaks of King is happening here. Saying that because The Stand appeared prominently on a shelf in TP.

I remember reading about this when it was in production but completely forgot about it. I shall be eagerly checking this out.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
The series finale of Adventure Time was a few days ago, I just caught it.

I loved this show when it first came on, the first season has still got to be the best. I stopped watching in 2012 but still caught a few episodes from later seasons which didn't impress me as much.

The show took a big, big turn somewhere. I'm disappointed that this is what it turned into. There's also a lesbian kiss between princess bubblegum and marceline the vamprie queen. I guess this is what happens when obsessed fans on tumblr get too close to the people making the show.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The series finale of Adventure Time was a few days ago, I just caught it.

I loved this show when it first came on, the first season has still got to be the best. I stopped watching in 2012 but still caught a few episodes from later seasons which didn't impress me as much.

The show took a big, big turn somewhere. I'm disappointed that this is what it turned into. There's also a lesbian kiss between princess bubblegum and marceline the vamprie queen. I guess this is what happens when obsessed fans on tumblr get too close to the people making the show.

Next episode of Rick and Morty will have Morty smoke weed with Joe Rogan and talk about samurai swords.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Just watched Harrow (TV_series)...

Another Anti-Hero Pathologist crime show... but tbh.. I enjoyed it..

I liked Ioan Gruffudd's character... more 3-D than a lot of weirdoes on TV atm...

ALSO.. if you like Australian stuff.... try the new Mystery Road TV Series.

I like the Jay swan stuff... along with the other Jack Irish.. Australian stuff...

I HATE to admit it... i am looking past the US stuff now... all seems a bit... "samey/boring"...

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Just watched Harrow (TV_series)...

Another Anti-Hero Pathologist crime show... but tbh.. I enjoyed it..

I liked Ioan Gruffudd's character... more 3-D than a lot of weirdoes on TV atm...

ALSO.. if you like Australian stuff.... try the new Mystery Road TV Series.

I like the Jay swan stuff... along with the other Jack Irish.. Australian stuff...

I HATE to admit it... i am looking past the US stuff now... all seems a bit... "samey/boring"...

xROTx

Cool opinion grandma.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
ALSO.. if you like Australian stuff....

Give Top of the Lake a go, especially if you're into murder mystery type stuff. Start with the 2013 series first.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Couldn't agree more rot.

One of my personal favourites, riveting viewing.

Great show...

I also like:
The Hotel Inspector...
Can't Pay Take it Away...
Dragons Den....

etc etc...

Evil Nephew Wasabi is not cool enough to watch shows like this... :p

xROTx

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
The Deuce should be starting soon, no? I kind of liked the first season, even though it wasn't anything spectacular.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
DD season three this october i just hope it makes up for how lackluster the last one was.