BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
i thought that was the old GLOW in the 80s, didn't know they actually made a tv series out of it. Nice ill check that out.

The first season was entertaining, I went through it pretty quickly. I’m normally not much of a binge watcher.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Everything Sucks is like a 90's Freaks and Geeks.
It probably won't be renewed as it takes about 4 episodes before it gets interesting.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
also.. Barry on HBO is fucking killing it. yall need to watch that shit.

There are a handful of little jokes every episode that are subtle but genuinely funny. Show feels smart without being intentionally high brow or pretentious.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
The Handmaids Tale.

Season 2 starts off even more darker in tone. And still armed with a cast firing on all cylinders. Elizabeth Moss' performance is superb.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Just started watching the terror, i'm only a few episodes in but meh, it's not really roping me in TBH, i'll probably stick it out though, i got the time to binge watch it to the end this weekend.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Been watching all the streaming on adultswim.com the past month. ex: https://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/the-venture-bros

Venture Bros - finally saw season 6. Good season, but ends too soon. I don't care about waiting for new seasons as much as I did 10 years ago. Season 3 is still the best. 4 is finally more palatable to me after all these years. Season 5 is great.

Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job - https://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/tim-and-eric I really like this show. Stupid. Entertaining. They were doing the retarded vaporwave kind of thing years before it was cool. The celebrity appearances are great. I also recently found out that David Liebe Hart (guy with the puppet) and James Quall (guy who dressed in rouge) honestly are not acting and do have some kind of mental disability. I've heard that it gave them a platform to be heard and yet at the same time am unsure if we're laughing at or with them.

Eagleheart - wow. Only season 3 was streaming but this was brilliant. Anyone else seen this? I know live action on adult swim is frowned upon but this was really incredible. It was all just a dream.

Off the Air - I've never done LSD or ecstasy but I wouldn't mind trying it and then watching this. Good music.

This is my Greg post.

even though this is an old post, can't agree more.

Eagleheart is one of the best things I discovered last year

and the rest of the stuff mentioned too.

I miss Whitest Kids you Know.
actually, not certain if it's still being made

but just for kicks:

edit:
also Lonesaggy if you haven't already watched it I highly recommend this gem:

http://www.adultswim.com/videos/check-it-out-with-dr-steve-brule/life/

Last edited:

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Mindhunters...

Netflix Show about the FBI's early days of profiling killers....

It was good but the women characters are annoying... seems like they're just there to fill a quota...

One hawt gf... who is studying but is only there to show how the lead character changes...
One lesbian psychiatrist... who is only there because she looks hawt and shows the lead character changing...

#RotTeToo#

xROTx

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Mindhunters...

Netflix Show about the FBI's early days of profiling killers....

It was good but the women characters are annoying... seems like they're just there to fill a quota...

One hawt gf... who is studying but is only there to show how the lead character changes...
One lesbian psychiatrist... who is only there because she looks hawt and shows the lead character changing...

#RotTeToo#

xROTx

Quota casting is always a failure. The writers have to genuinely be interested in their characters, at least collaterally. Like, the character shouldn’t be so blandly abrasive to the audience that they feel ambivalent about watching further.

The GF in mindhunter is 100% a waste in season 1. I had a feeling that she would break out and become a killer, but she kind of fucked that off and became more and more basic.

But maybe we should blame the actress for not being convincing. In homeland there’s a older lady who works with Saul and she is convincing as a person who probably went through the state department, worked for USAID, and doesn’t get biased to her ideas or her own glory. She’s so convincing, and well written for, that I would really prefer the next season is just her and Saul’s team kicking ass, while Claire Danes takes off to raise her fucking kid.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Quota casting is always a failure. The writers have to genuinely be interested in their characters, at least collaterally. Like, the character shouldn’t be so blandly abrasive to the audience that they feel ambivalent about watching further.

The GF in mindhunter is 100% a waste in season 1. I had a feeling that she would break out and become a killer, but she kind of fucked that off and became more and more basic.

But maybe we should blame the actress for not being convincing. In homeland there’s a older lady who works with Saul and she is convincing as a person who probably went through the state department, worked for USAID, and doesn’t get biased to her ideas or her own glory. She’s so convincing, and well written for, that I would really prefer the next season is just her and Saul’s team kicking ass, while Claire Danes takes off to raise her fucking kid.

The gf in Mindhunters was a hawt carefree girl in episode 1... by episode 10... she turned into a whining caricature...

So weak...

Better Call Saul is on my watch list... still haven't got around to watching it... so much choice out there...

xROTx

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
I watched "the night of" a couple weeks ago, great show with superb acting. if you like courtroom drama, i would highly recommend it.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The gf in Mindhunters was a hawt carefree girl in episode 1... by episode 10... she turned into a whining caricature...

So weak...

Better Call Saul is on my watch list... still haven't got around to watching it... so much choice out there...

xROTx

She wasn't hot.

Better Call Saul isn't that great man.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I watched "the night of" a couple weeks ago, great show with superb acting. if you like courtroom drama, i would highly recommend it.

Yeah that was really good!

Finished up Jessica Jones 2. Not as good as the first one but this was pretty good.

Probably going to start on Lost in Space.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The wife and I binged Lost in Space on Netflix a few weeks ago and we both really liked it a lot. Just a fun adventure story with a simple premise and engaging character dynamics. All surface level stuff but I really dug that about it.

Very pleased to see Glow Season 2 get announced. First season was surprisingly engrossing.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Just binged on... The Terror...

It was actually quite good... The characters were nicely killed off and shows that if you're stuck in an arctic wasteland...

Don't randomly shoot the locals...

xROTx

PS. Spoiler... it has naked half eaten men in it... and if you're into that sorta thing.. it's defo for you..

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Gotta say, the terror ended up being a good watch.
I've just started on a show called happy, recommended to me by a mate, 3 episodes in and this is looking good.
funny, violent and slightly bonkers, it's about an ex cop turned hitman who teams up with a young girls imaginary friend (who happens to be a blue minature unicorn) who's been kidnapped by a real bad santa.