BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Four show, two night event:
arrowverse-crossover-crisisonearthx-comiccover.jpg

Monday and Tuesday night. Apparently at least one major character gets killed off.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Just got done watching Godless! Man im glad they did it as a mini series, so you get an amazing 7-episodes instead 2hr movie...Really flesh out a lot of the characters. People who loves westerns is going to love this one.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I enjoyed Godless too. The trailer was kind of sloppy and made me think it was about a town full of women, like a Tarantino western dream. Not at all. It was well done and runs like a mystery.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Cool. That’ll be the next on the cards for me when I finish with Mindhunter.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
My personal top shows of 2017
Twin Peaks
This was easily the best show of 2017 just for episode 8 alone. The emotional effect that hit just about everyone who watched it was complete awe and confusion. Something between WTF and Holy Shit. If you watched the original run back in the 90s and the movie, this season offers a sense of satisfaction for 18 hours that you may not have felt since that last hour of Breaking Bad (but the shows are completely different, so put your meth down).

Taboo
Could have been the best show on tv. Hardy was compelling as a former East India Trading Co soldier he’ll bent on preternatural revenge.

Game of Thrones
Dragons!

Homeland
The past few years this show has basically been a few steps ahead of our political real life. Slight misstep with the female president though. It can almost be assumed that a mossad op is helping them write these episodes.

Mr. Robot
Season 2 was a little messy. It explored the mind of a security engineer more than it it showed off security tricks, which was the major draw in season 1. Season 3 is already tying everything together nicely and is a lot better than 2.

The Mist
Good twist on the Darabont/Stephen King movie. Explored some contemporary themes.

The Americans
I am still enjoying this show after 5 seasons. The Russians are Russian (you’d be surprised how often “Russians” are not real Russian on tv and film), and the plot twists do not force too much suspension of disbelief.

The Good Place
This is a fun show that in true broadcast tv form, is nearly inoffensive, except that it explores the notion of the afterlife that might offend some really fucking insane people. That’s okay with me.

Ash vs Evil Dead
The show is fun for any Evil Dead fan out there. Bruce Campbell nails being Bruce Campbell from everything starring Bruce Campbell. The story itself runs with the cannon of Evil Dead 2 and AoD.

Legion
I was kind of torn here between enjoying a beautifully shot show with convincing acting (for the most part), and horrible writing. This show has potential but they need to spend money on some real behind the scenes talent.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Just finished season two of Glitch, it was another solid season.

This is an odd show, and short seasons (6 ep)...but it's definitely worth watching. So far, the writing is solid and the acting is well done. Season 2 slightly goes off the rails science speaking...but I'm ok with that, it doesn't ruin anything.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Watching The Mist right now, so far its really good!

Igakajook

Armored Scrum Object
The Good Place
This is a fun show that in true broadcast tv form, is nearly inoffensive, except that it explores the notion of the afterlife that might offend some really fucking insane people. That’s okay with me.

Great show - never seen anything like it. I'm very surprised a broadcast network gave it a go, but I'm glad they did. Seems like something that would have ended-up on a steaming service or even a premium channel.

Last edited:

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
Twin Peaks - This was easily the best show of 2017 just for episode 8 alone. The emotional effect that hit just about everyone who watched it was complete awe and confusion. Something between WTF and Holy Shit.

tenor.gif

The BluRay box had a premiere on the 4th of Dec. I've pre-ordered mine long before that. I'm planning on re-watching the series plus absorbing all of the bonus content during the holidays.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
As far as TV shows currently being produced, Curb Your Enthusiasm is easily the best I've seen. Some parts of it are even better than Seinfield.

Last edited:

Ren-chan

F I R E W A L L, M Y A S S !,
Just finished season two of Glitch, it was another solid season.

This is an odd show, and short seasons (6 ep)...but it's definitely worth watching. So far, the writing is solid and the acting is well done. Season 2 slightly goes off the rails science speaking...but I'm ok with that, it doesn't ruin anything.

I just started watching this show, just the first 2 eps... doesn't look bad but still doesn't catch my eye... hope it gets better on the following ones. Just curious to know why did it all happen.

Also, started watching Limitless, looks cool.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Frontier: Been hearing good things from friends. But I need some opinions from people here with similar tastes. Must watch or just ok?

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Yeah, it’s a good ride. Not the greatest show, but it explores themes well. The rape accusation theme was well done.

I thought this was a mini series, sucks it got cancelled. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Hopefully someone picks it up & continues with the story or start with a new story.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I like Runaways on Hulu so far. Little slow moving but interesting enough.

Naika

Street Hoop Star
So aside from Master of None and Stranger Things, my wife got me into "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" and it's great. Well scripted, great production values and very funny. Highly recommended. Also, if you're a Van Damme fan, go see "Jean Claude Van Johnson". Very Very good show.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
BUMP that shit. Bump it. Anyway-

New season of Westworld started off kind of... blandly.

Upcoming new season of Archer looks like another great argument for putting the show out to pasture.

Barry is pretty cool so far.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Netflik just announce another season of GLOW,i wasn't sure they order another season but they did.

NERDtendo

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
Has anyone watched the new Lost in Space on Netflix? I have it in my queue, but haven't started it yet.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Ash vs Evil Dead's third season is a mighty fun romp I'd say.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Has anyone watched the new Lost in Space on Netflix? I have it in my queue, but haven't started it yet.

its interesting. i could have done without parker posey as dr smith.

also.. Barry on HBO is fucking killing it. yall need to watch that shit.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Fear the Walking Dead - Season 3 was pretty damn good and Season 4 had awesome premier.

Westworld Season 2, Master of None, & Jessica Jones Season 2.