BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
That's pretty much it though. I am watching preacher too, but I feel like there's a huge void.
I know what you mean wasabi, when times are lean i'll go back and check out show's that i passed on first time around, hence the Garth Marenghi's Darkplace binge watch i had last weekend.
The original C4 misfits and Utopia are cracking show's i'd recommend if you're short of stuff to watch.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I know what you mean wasabi, when times are lean i'll go back and check out show's that i passed on first time around, hence the Garth Marenghi's Darkplace binge watch i had last weekend.
The original C4 misfits and Utopia are cracking show's i'd recommend if you're short of stuff to watch.

oh yeah, I mean, I am always down for any Matt Berry offering. I found myself going back to Black Adder and Mighty Boosh too just because.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
oh yeah, I mean, I am always down for any Matt Berry offering. I found myself going back to Black Adder and Mighty Boosh too just because.

I recently did IT Crowd again, classic.

Dude, watch Deadwood, it’s three seasons, you won’t regret it. They’ve just announced a movie.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I recently did IT Crowd again, classic.

Dude, watch Deadwood, it’s three seasons, you won’t regret it. They’ve just announced a movie.

Deadwood is fantastic.

I’ve been going through Hell on Wheels, I’m digging it a lot. Not Deadwood level but it’s a solid wild west genre show.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I've been watching a lot of Keeping up appearences:

Brill.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I’ve been watching The Alienist. It started a little slow but the characters are interesting enough and the subject matter is cold and dark (child killing). It’s the gothic underside of 19th century New York which is really well done, the sets are believable and look legit.

Some great genre names in it too; Ted Levine, Michael Ironside, Grace Zabriskie.

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
I may have said this before, but Deadwood went from a 9/10 the first watch to a 5/10 the second watch. They really relied to heavily on Swearengen midway through season 2 and all of season 3, super repetitive. But, yes, a great watch first time through.

Hell on Wheels > Deadwood

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I may have said this before, but Deadwood went from a 9/10 the first watch to a 5/10 the second watch. They really relied to heavily on Swearengen midway through season 2 and all of season 3, super repetitive. But, yes, a great watch first time through.

I need to rewatch Deadwood and see how it holds up then. I’m really getting into Hell on Wheels, I’m surprised by how much they can change the character set season to seasonish and it still feels relevant to the overall story

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I have been enjoying Sharp Objects on HBO lately.

I'm glad it's a short season at only 7 episodes. I keep thinking something has to be revealed, but then after every ep I stop and think wait, even less happened on that one than any of the others. Show is in True Detective's league as far as how remarkably fucked up all of its characters are, doesn't try at all to make anyone particularly likable. I guess that's kind of a Gillian Flynn specialty.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
I'm glad it's a short season at only 7 episodes. I keep thinking something has to be revealed, but then after every ep I stop and think wait, even less happened on that one than any of the others. Show is in True Detective's league as far as how remarkably fucked up all of its characters are, doesn't try at all to make anyone particularly likable. I guess that's kind of a Gillian Flynn specialty.

Yeah, it definitely has that TD vibe to it. After each episode I'm more sure it's not really about who the murderer is, but everything around it. I don't think we will really be told who is actually guilty.

terry.330

Black Tank Top Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Been watching the last season of Bosch which is okay. Also started Berlin Babylon which is depressing as hell, not sure if I like it yet.

The last couple episodes of CB Strike which I've probably mentioned before and really enjoy.

Probably start Goliath next.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Arrested Development season 5 happened?

There are eight episodes out now?

What's the verdict?

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Just started GLOW second season. Already got through two episodes pretty quickly and seems to be even better than the first season thus far.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The media coverage of Sharp Objects is really incongruent with the show that's actually on tv. The Ringer sucks off HBO constantly, obviously, but they're even worse than usual with it, and the AV Club's reviews for it are baffling. As has been suggested in the comments of said reviews, it's entirely likely that GMG is desperate enough to make HBO happy that reviews for their shows will always be like that, but it's just weird to read. The show is okay, but so goddamn little happens. If any other show got more than halfway through its entire run with as little substance as SO has, it would be skewered.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Anyone watch Succession which just wrapped season one on HBO?

It was a wild and fun ride.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
This season of Preacher has been highly entertaining. Anyone else watching this one? I'm also overjoyed that Better Call Saul is back. Last night's episode was great and sets up quite a bit for this season.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member

Damn i might binge watch Hell on Wheels. Deadwood is one of my favs.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Preacher is fun but it seems like they only have the budget to set the majority of each season in one god damn room.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
This season of Preacher has been highly entertaining. Anyone else watching this one? I'm also overjoyed that Better Call Saul is back. Last night's episode was great and sets up quite a bit for this season.

I can’t say I’m ever bored watching Preacher. There are some great set pieces in that show.

I was really looking forward to the season come back of Better Call Saul but that episode was uneventful and unsatisfying, especially after waiting so long for the return. I know they’ll develop the story as the season progresses but that episode was boring.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Preacher had a decent run during Season 2, when the Saint was chasing Jesse, where it was really good. Strong central conflict, strong antagonist, Genesis was fun. Other than that it's an underachieving mess. First season was bad, and this one reminds me much more of it than it does the strong part of S2. Granma is boring, and the conflict with her is, too. Tulip is pointless, Genesis is out, Starr is still alright but the All Father dominates his scenes, feels like. And Hitler and Eugene, ugh, dumb. Cass' stuff has been consistently good, but that's the only compliment I'd give S3.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Preacher had a decent run during Season 2, when the Saint was chasing Jesse, where it was really good. Strong central conflict, strong antagonist, Genesis was fun. Other than that it's an underachieving mess. First season was bad, and this one reminds me much more of it than it does the strong part of S2. Granma is boring, and the conflict with her is, too. Tulip is pointless, Genesis is out, Starr is still alright but the All Father dominates his scenes, feels like. And Hitler and Eugene, ugh, dumb. Cass' stuff has been consistently good, but that's the only compliment I'd give S3.

The problem in Preacher is the same problem in Ozark - rednecks dumb. No one really cares about the plight of the hillbilly. And frankly, the hillbilly doesn't really care about the modern world beyond ballgames, beer, and biggunz.

So the milieu of Weesianna or Mizzorah decays quicker than a dead rat in a swamp for anyone who knows how to read good. (I am writing like this just to reach the widest audience, so settle down, yokels).

terry.330

Black Tank Top Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Watched the first 2 episodes of Lodge 49, it's uhhh... Well it's pretty damn funny but no idea where it's going. People keep comparing to The Big Lebowski which I get but I think that's really all there is to compare it to.