BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Been watching all the streaming on adultswim.com the past month. ex: https://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/the-venture-bros

Venture Bros - finally saw season 6. Good season, but ends too soon. I don't care about waiting for new seasons as much as I did 10 years ago. Season 3 is still the best. 4 is finally more palatable to me after all these years. Season 5 is great.

Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job - https://www.adultswim.com/videos/streams/tim-and-eric I really like this show. Stupid. Entertaining. They were doing the retarded vaporwave kind of thing years before it was cool. The celebrity appearances are great. I also recently found out that David Liebe Hart (guy with the puppet) and James Quall (guy who dressed in rouge) honestly are not acting and do have some kind of mental disability. I've heard that it gave them a platform to be heard and yet at the same time am unsure if we're laughing at or with them.

Eagleheart - wow. Only season 3 was streaming but this was brilliant. Anyone else seen this? I know live action on adult swim is frowned upon but this was really incredible. It was all just a dream.

Off the Air - I've never done LSD or ecstasy but I wouldn't mind trying it and then watching this. Good music.

This is my Greg post.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am re-watching Breaking Bad....

Due to boredom...

xROTx

PS. Walter White... RULEZ!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Anyone a fan of American Gods? I'm debating if it would be worth getting Starz just mainly to watch that or if I should pick it up on BluRay, or neither.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Anyone a fan of American Gods? I'm debating if it would be worth getting Starz just mainly to watch that or if I should pick it up on BluRay, or neither.

American Gods is abstract. I loved it. If you enjoyed the book or like Sandman comics, then it will be a good time. But it’s probably not for everyone.

Starz also has Black Sails, which was a great great time, and Spartacus, which was fantastic. You can also see Ash vs Evil Dead on Starz.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I just couldn’t get into Black Sails. I didn’t really give it the time it deserved though.

That’s two nods to Mindhunter now. I’m going to check it out.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
American Gods is abstract. I loved it. If you enjoyed the book or like Sandman comics, then it will be a good time. But it’s probably not for everyone.

Starz also has Black Sails, which was a great great time, and Spartacus, which was fantastic. You can also see Ash vs Evil Dead on Starz.

I have Ash vs. Evil Dead on BD, and it's great, definitely. I also have season 1 of Spartacus, so I'd be happy to go back and finish out the series. And I'd watch Black Sails for sure.

Gonna have to do Starz, sounds like.

re: Mindhunter - it kind of flailed a little at the end of the season, and Debbie is a terrible character, but overall it's a good time. The interviews with the killers are really well done. Dude who plays Ed Kemper is the MVP of the season. And the setup for future seasons is intriguing- 2 is going to focus on the Atlanta child murders, and the, uh, ADT fella is going to come into play sometime.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Stranger Things...season two. Expectations are through the roof.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Stranger Things...season two. Expectations are through the roof.

Yeah... gonna start that later this weekend... Can't wait...

xROTx

PS. From the posters... eleven has hair... I liked the bald look:(

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Finished Season 1 of American Gods, liked it a lot.

Watched the first three episodes of The Punisher and I don't think I can force myself to watch any more of it. Super fucking boring.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Finished Season 1 of American Gods, liked it a lot.

Watched the first three episodes of The Punisher and I don't think I can force myself to watch any more of it. Super fucking boring.

I finished watching the Punisher last night and although it had it's moments, it really isn't worth watching. What a let down.

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
I finished watching the Punisher last night and although it had it's moments, it really isn't worth watching. What a let down.

I’m through the first two episodes so far. It has my attention, I’m enjoying it. But at the same time I always make sure not to get my expectations too high going in on Marvel TV properties.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm slugging through the Punisher...but it is slow, and repetitive, and offensive at times. Some of the side stories are boring and uninteresting...and the portrayal of combat vest as homicidal nut jobs waiting to happen is offensive. I know a couple of combat vet marines with PTSD, not a one of them dig fucking foxholes in their back yard.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I want to watch this, love Westerns!

Its only 6 episodes, so i can easily watch it in a day but have to ask the misses if she wants to watch it too.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I want to watch this, love Westerns!

Its only 6 episodes, so i can easily watch it in a day but have to ask the misses if she wants to watch it too.

It looks like a Tarantino style western. Not necessarily bad, but I prefer Robert Rodrigues. Tarantino tends to pander to poon like the fake liberal on college campus desperately trying to get laid by the hippies.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Godless looks good, but come on, nothing will ever, EVER top Deadwood. And there's finally some serious sway towards the feature length finale which has been in talks for years.

If you haven't watched Deadwood, do yourself a favour. You certainly haven't missed the boat. It is one of the best things to ever come out of HBO.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Godless looks good, but come on, nothing will ever, EVER top Deadwood. And there's finally some serious sway towards the feature length finale which has been in talks for years.

If you haven't watched Deadwood, do yourself a favour. You certainly haven't missed the boat. It is one of the best things to ever come out of HBO.

For once we agree, Deadwood is fucking awesome! Anyone who disagree is a San Francisco cocksucker!

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
Deadwood was a top 5 show for me the first time through. I watched it a second time about a year ago and it just felt really flat. The over the top language feels less impactful and pretty contrived / forced.

The first time through you have this real pull toward Bullock, but then Swearengen grows on you and he becomes the one you root for. Again, second time round knowing all of that, again, the show just feels overly dramatic.

I generally enjoy "historical" shows the second go round where this feels more like TV show that had some cheap thrills and wow factor. That's all lost on re-watch. Worth watching once, but not buying.

I just watched The Night Manager on Prime. Top 5 show of the year for me, maybe top 2. Laurie and Hiddleston are equally impressive. It is captivating from the first 5 minutes in and never stops. 6 eps long. Worth the binge.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
For once we agree, Deadwood is fucking awesome! Anyone who disagree is a San Francisco cocksucker!

I don’t know how anyone could disagree - Deadwood helped set the standard for the high level of quality we’ve come to expect from TV these days. As did The Wire.

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
Just finished Narcos s3 - fuck, that is a good show. Watch if you havent already

I didnt think it would work without the blonde haired gringo but it did.

Hopefully they start on s4....

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I just watched The Night Manager on Prime. Top 5 show of the year for me, maybe top 2. Laurie and Hiddleston are equally impressive. It is captivating from the first 5 minutes in and never stops. 6 eps long. Worth the binge.

It's mostly implausible. Yes, Laurie and Hiddlestone are good actors. The script and direction were not good. If you liked The Night Manager, you should check out the Worricker trilogy, where Bill Nighy is a MI5 officer on the outs with his government.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Deadwood was a top 5 show for me the first time through. I watched it a second time about a year ago and it just felt really flat. The over the top language feels less impactful and pretty contrived / forced.

This is precisely my main criticism of the Sopranos. Everybody speaks like an eight year old in Kansas imagines Italian mobsters talk.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This is precisely my main criticism of the Sopranos. Everybody speaks like an eight year old in Kansas imagines Italian mobsters talk.

Seemed pretty legit to me. I seem to remember actual mobsters saying it was pretty realistic as well. Are you an authority on the subject?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Seemed pretty legit to me. I seem to remember actual mobsters saying it was pretty realistic as well. Are you an authority on the subject?

I didn't see nothin'
maxresdefault.jpg