BEST TV Shows to watch... CURRENTLY...

Naika

Street Hoop Star
Agreed about Ash vs. Evil Dead....can't wait for Season 3 on Netflix. Too bad it was cancelled.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Despite what people say, Disenchantment is a really good show, and I hope it gets a second season.
It's an OK show, but not really good. It's put together well, but it's just not funny (yet?). I might have chuckled once or twice in the entire season.

I'm currently going through Maniac. I am digging the setting, but it's moving too slow for my gf to watch. I'll have to finish this on my own.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
It's an OK show, but not really good. It's put together well, but it's just not funny (yet?). I might have chuckled once or twice in the entire season.

I'm currently going through Maniac. I am digging the setting, but it's moving too slow for my gf to watch. I'll have to finish this on my own.

Maniac sucks, dude. Might as well watch Legion or Girl Interrupted or 12 Monkeys, or catch your dick in a pants zipper.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
No way, Maniac is at least 10x better than getting caught in a zipper. They're not even close.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Maniac sucks, dude. Might as well watch Legion or Girl Interrupted or 12 Monkeys, or catch your dick in a pants zipper.

ending bad, or is it just bad throughout?
the alternate retro future is kinda cool so far.

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Anybody else stoked about Daredevil season 3, Kingpin is easily the best thing about the Netflix marvel shows

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
ending bad, or is it just bad throughout?
the alternate retro future is kinda cool so far.
There's nothing wrong with the show unless you have a family member struggling with mental illness, in which case you might be put off by the blasé way they treat the subject. But the series was perfectly decent.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Meanwhile, we watched the first episode of another Netflix series, The Good Cop, and for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT WATCH THAT. It's a throwback to all of the worst aspects of tv from 20 years ago. It's literally written like it's by a guy who got frozen in ice in 1992, thawed today, and has no experience of how far tv writing has come in the intervening years. I found out later it's made by the same guy who created the series Monk. If I'd known that, I never would have bothered with it. But at least others can benefit from my tragedy. Worst new series I've seen in many years. Probably decades.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Meanwhile, we watched the first episode of another Netflix series, The Good Cop, and for the love of all that is holy, DO NOT WATCH THAT. It's a throwback to all of the worst aspects of tv from 20 years ago. It's literally written like it's by a guy who got frozen in ice in 1992, thawed today, and has no experience of how far tv writing has come in the intervening years. I found out later it's made by the same guy who created the series Monk. If I'd known that, I never would have bothered with it. But at least others can benefit from my tragedy. Worst new series I've seen in many years. Probably decades.

2019 called and wants to apologize for all of Netflix’s 2018 programming.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
2019 called and wants to apologize for all of Netflix’s 2018 programming.

It's going to take more than a mere apology to make up for the embarrassing shitshow Netflix original programming has turned into.

I was excited about The Witcher for about five minutes. Then I remembered it's on Netflix.

I'll probably still subject myself to the first few episodes and hope for the best.

Oh, and Castlevania was pretty good. Let's hope the second season isn't an insufferable mess.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I know there are other fans of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia around here. Most of the new season's been good so far, with only the girls beat Boggs episode being a thumbs-down for me. The sexual harassment seminar was great. This week's was a decent twist on the old standby flashback show.

Really feels like the writers are treating this like the final season, which wouldn't be surprising given that this season itself barely happened, and all of the regulars seem to be getting plenty of work elsewhere.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I thought Westworld was pretentious trash, which some would think means it's right up my alley. It really is HBO just sniffing its own farts.

BTW, both Iron Fist and Luke Cage have been cancelled by Netflix. Seems like the service is shedding weight to make room for new shows that people might watch. The Marvel Netflix series are the prime example of diminished returns due to fatigue.

i.e. people are getting tired of these series getting progressively more insufferable and they aren't watching. The formula isn't working anymore. They've been essentially strip mined of their value and Netflix is moving on.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Is Westworld worth investing in or nah? Never seen it.

Nah. first episodes do a great job of roping you in. The rest the season is literally aimless wandering. I'm mad i ever started. There's obvious plot holes that would cause a child to scoff.

Daredevil Season 03
I think Daredevil will continue based on this season. Kingpin starts off slow, and then you realize how badass he is.
I mainly just wanted to reply here because Nadeem's wife is a total cunt.

Marek

Banned
I am interested in seeing where Disenchantment goes next season

I liked the first season a lot.

Also my mother and aunt are obsessed with Ray Donovan. Since im home visiting and shes kind of immoble, waiting for a hip replacement. I'm being encouraged to binge Ray Ray to catch up with the current season.

Its pretty great, but also frustrating to the point of unwatchable at times.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Nah. first episodes do a great job of roping you in. The rest the season is literally aimless wandering. I'm mad i ever started. There's obvious plot holes that would cause a child to scoff.

Daredevil Season 03
I think Daredevil will continue based on this season. Kingpin starts off slow, and then you realize how badass he is.
I mainly just wanted to reply here because Nadeem's wife is a total cunt.

D’onofrio carried the entire season singlehandedly.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
D’onofrio carried the entire season singlehandedly.

Agreed. Couldn't give a shit less about everyone else.

I have become obsessed with the show Air Disasters. You would think by the name it would just be bottom of the barrel hype and fear but it actually goes through every accident and then the FAA investigations to figure out what actually happened in factual detail.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
The Haunting of Hill House is pretty good so far (I'm about halfway through it). The child actors are almost uniformly strong (though young Luke reminds me way too much of the kid in Jerry Maguire), and the showrunners really seem to understand how to do good horror.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
The Haunting of Hill House is pretty good so far (I'm about halfway through it). The child actors are almost uniformly strong (though young Luke reminds me way too much of the kid in Jerry Maguire), and the showrunners really seem to understand how to do good horror.

I need to get on to this. I’m backed up with horror shows at the moment. Half way through Castle Rock, American Horror Story and I haven’t started the new Channel Zero yet.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer

Need to get watching this as well. Sounds very promising. I'm also waiting eagerly for the new season of True Detective, looks awesome.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I'm watching Mr. Robot right now. As far as movies and television with hacking in them go, it's by far the most accurate I've ever seen. Like instead of some crazy graphic interface, the hacking is done in command line.

Interesting show for sure.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
I know there are other fans of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia around here. Most of the new season's been good so far, with only the girls beat Boggs episode being a thumbs-down for me. The sexual harassment seminar was great. This week's was a decent twist on the old standby flashback show.

Really feels like the writers are treating this like the final season, which wouldn't be surprising given that this season itself barely happened, and all of the regulars seem to be getting plenty of work elsewhere.

The sexual harassment seminar was classic. It was funny as hell when Dennis showed Cricket's picture.

I've seen a couple of good FX shows this year. The Assassination of Gianni Versaci was really good. Trust was decent. I caught a little bit of the new AHS season; it was okay. Roanoke is my favourite season.

I watched the first season of Black Mirror. I like it. It kind of reminds me of shows like the Outer Limits and Twilight zone, but more sci-fi/drama than sci-fi horror/mystery.

Patiently waiting for the new season of Vikings. The show has taken a dip, but I'm still interested enough to watch.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
The sexual harassment seminar was classic. It was funny as hell when Dennis showed Cricket's picture.

I've seen a couple of good FX shows this year. The Assassination of Gianni Versaci was really good. Trust was decent. I caught a little bit of the new AHS season; it was okay. Roanoke is my favourite season.

I watched the first season of Black Mirror. I like it. It kind of reminds me of shows like the Outer Limits and Twilight zone, but more sci-fi/drama than sci-fi horror/mystery.

Patiently waiting for the new season of Vikings. The show has taken a dip, but I'm still interested enough to watch.

If you liked the start of Black Mirror, you really need to keep going. The episodes just keep getting better although you might need to take a mental break after watching some of them. Some of those newer episodes, while amazing, will crush your soul a little.