Anyone playing axiom verge?

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
Just snagged this yesterday and got a few hours into it. It's awesome! If you're q metroidvania fan, you owe it to yourself to play this.

Its got it all. Great ambience, creepy environments, and a whole slew of game mechanics that I've actually never seen before.

I'm playing it on hard. It's quite s challenge, but also fair. Bosses will demand fast reflexes and practice to beat, but it's hard in all the right ways.

Anybody else try it?

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Nope, haven´t tried it but I feel compelled to give it a shot. Based on youtube footage the gameplay looks interesting but I´m not so sure about the graphical style and odd pinkish environments.

jt4mtb

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I was playing it for awhile. Earned my platinum in it, and still want to go back at some point and whittle down a faster speedrun. I'd love to be able to run it in under 1:15-1:30 range. The game really reminded me of my first times playing Metroid, and I loved it. There was a short lived thread on the game here (http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?257870-Axiom-Verge).

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Well I decided to jump on it anyways as it did have 10% off for ps+ and they say there will be no further price cut in next 6 months. It´s the kind of game that I should like. Got up to second boss so far and yeah, it´s okay. It´s not Super Metroid by any stretch of imagination but it is the kind of game Nintendo should have made ages ago as New Metroid or something like that. It´s not quite up to that quality but it isn´t very far off.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
The 8-bit graphic style is the main thing that bugs me about it. Pixel art is tough, so I know why these indie devs go for that style, but it would have been nice.

Ok, nintendo, your turn...I can just imagine using that wii u pad for the map...

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Game looks really neat, great sound and art, but the colors really bother me. Especially when something like shovel knight came out and it scarily accurate to how late NES games looked and sounded. I'll probably pick up axiom verge when it on sale in the summer.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
This game looks so good! One of the reasons I want a PS4.

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
It's a really fun game with some killer music. I think I only played for a half hour before buying the soundtrack on iTunes.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Your ava sucks. Hard, sucks lots of hard cock.

mossilogo.gif

give_a_fuck.gif

Don't mess with me EG. I'm not just some random driver on the highway you can take your road rage out on....

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Oh I can mess with you plenty if I feel like it but truly I haven't even started and obviously you do give a shit, too much troll action from your part for you to not give a fuck.

I simply thought you had that ava as a joke, you know 'cause I thought you were trying to be funny and I wanted to add to your humor but I can see now you're taking this to heart, meaning you're all about the Gaylord fuck on the damn thing. For you to think that I can't do what I please it's the fucking tits. Make no mistake, you are just some fucking random fuck to me and I'm not raging, this is just me being easy and light hearted. Wanna escalate? Go ahead and escalate away, go fucking ballistic, that's not gonna change the fact that you're ava still sucks hard cock.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
Dude! my ava is a joke man! I was the one adding to *your* humor!

I should have put a smiley at the end of the post. Why you gotta get all emo on me?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Dude! my ava is a joke man! I was the one adding to *your* humor!

I should have put a smiley at the end of the post. Why you gotta get all emo on me?

Oh you haven't seen emo yet. I mean you did read the post, right?

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
someones a spaz.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
waiting on the vita version, but will be playing asap

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I think it took me a couple days of playtime to finish on hard mode. Was something like 14 hours to complete that way? I got stuck toward the end trying to find a few things so cheated a little, but the game is pretty good and definitely worth the purchase.

What they should have done, however, was give you some of the power ups a little earlier in the game. There's a piece of equipment you get a few upgrades for that are required to complete the game, and the last upgrade is really awesome and fun to play with, but by the time you get it, the game is practically over (at least it was for me). The guns are a lot of fun to play with and can really change your boss strategies. There are some neat achievements like beating the game without dying, speed runs, etc. Nice little package for the price.