Anyone know anything about this...

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
Found a curious looking game system from one of those made in China places.

Looks like a very modded Famicom I would guess. Though seems like they have added some interesting features.

I'm curious if anyone knows anything about them. The price is more than I would go for but still can't help be a bit amused and would like to see one in action.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/DIY-...GB-S-VIDEO-AV-With-scanlines/32307552783.html

"Here we have something Really interesting up for sale. This is basically an 8-bit console that is available to output a perfect picture quality to most of your new television sets, while still remaining the possibility to use scanlines and play just like you always did, oldschool.

The CPU remains intact, but what is interesting is that the PPU is reversed engineered and modified into being capable of many different things. As an example, You can use scanlines with a switch of the jumper switches on and off. You can use up to 7 different ways to hookup a controller. It also has a inbuilt PAL mode for you guys living in Europe (switchable of course).

This has everything to take that old school gaming into this millennia and still being able to run smoothy and without any sorts of issues. We are proud to be the first retailer of this wonderful machine and we promise that you will not get dissapointed!

Thank you so much for all the great support behind this. We can vouch for this just like any other of our products in the DIY series. This one is for the hardcores!"

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
anyone willing to spend $120 on aliexpress is a braver man than me

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member

Its not that bad. Well the price on that unit may be but over all my experience with the various companies I've dealt with through there has been good so far.

I've had 2 different sources over there doing custom work that I got in touch with through their service.

Last edited:

FAT$TACKS

15 Year Member
thanks for that info. I'm going to do some looking into this.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
thanks for that info. I'm going to do some looking into this.

Awesome, definitely post back what you find. I wasn't quite sure what to make of that thread, but it certainly looks cool. I find all these new electronic creations to play old games fascinating.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I can't find the CPU (?) part number anywhere. The logo looks like United Microelectronics, but I can't dig up anything about the part number.

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
UM6527, same one as in the FC Twin and such IIRC. Not sure why it's UA in the pic.

Last edited:

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper

I've spent hundreds on Aliexpress. Maybe over a thousand in 2014.
Kept buying Games Workshop and Forge World (which is still Games Workshop) war game miniature clones.
I'd get a hundred dollar miniature replica for $16 with free shipping and the quality was spot on.
Never a bad experience.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I've spent hundreds on Aliexpress. Maybe over a thousand in 2014.
Kept buying Games Workshop and Forge World (which is still Games Workshop) war game miniature clones.
I'd get a hundred dollar miniature replica for $16 with free shipping and the quality was spot on.
Never a bad experience.

except you are part of the problem....

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
I think it has to do with buying bootlegs..

Ooohhhhh....
I don't buy bootleg video game stuff from there. Wouldn't trust them to work 100%
Bootleg miniatures is a different ballgame.

I would however trust that guy making that custom system. Just doesn't give me a bad feeling. It's made by one dude. I'd trust that more than a manufacturer.