20 Year Member
Puntastic thread of the year.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I'm surprised nobody said it yet.

Super Vehicle Metal Cock

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
I'd rather another gaming company (like Sega or Capcom) would incorporate SNKP to their holdings.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I'd rather another gaming company (like Sega or Capcom) would incorporate SNKP to their holdings.

Aren't Sega and Capcom both is bad financial trouble? Not sure about SegaSammy since the merger but didn't think they were high on the hog either.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Aren't Sega and Capcom both is bad financial trouble? Not sure about SegaSammy since the merger but didn't think they were high on the hog either.

Well not so much capcom. recently, they've become profitable again with a couple of cost cutting measures.

Sega.... they're screwed.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
We need to crowdfund a Neo Geo 2

We could add stuff like rotating effects, triple paralax scrolling, mode 7 graphics, and cd sound.

First game, King of Fighters '16 (we're going to go back to yearly KOF releases)

NeoHomeBrew

Overtop Pathfinder
"The Board believes the Possible Investment will allow the Company to expand to the new business of operation of mobile video games and potentially broaden its revenue stream. Furthermore, the Board considers the high growth of mobile video game users will also be a new customer source for the Group’s strategic initiative ..."

Even if this is a serious attempt to make something awesome out of SNKP's licenses - there will be still nothing new for or favorite gaming system. Don't want that mobile sh*t :(

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
We need to crowdfund a Neo Geo 2

We could add stuff like rotating effects, triple paralax scrolling, mode 7 graphics, and cd sound.

First game, King of Fighters '16 (we're going to go back to yearly KOF releases)

I'd say that the original Neo Geo already handles rotating effects, triple parallax scrolling and SNES-style Mode 7 scaling and rotation already with the right programming. A Neo Geo CD already has you covered on the CD sound as well.

These days an inexpensive mobile SOC has ample 2D horsepower to handle any modern KOF masterpiece you'd want to throw at it. The PS Vita for example already has some beautiful 2D games.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I'd say that the original Neo Geo already handles rotating effects, triple parallax scrolling and SNES-style Mode 7 scaling and rotation already with the right programming. A Neo Geo CD already has you covered on the CD sound as well.

These days an inexpensive mobile SOC has ample 2D horsepower to handle any modern KOF masterpiece you'd want to throw at it. The PS Vita for example already has some beautiful 2D games.

I was also going to suggest a racing stripe on the side and maybe a controller with a screen on it.

Thanks for pissing on my parade.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
I'm afraid this chinese company's intentions/goals by acquiring SNKP holdings might benefit only the chinese market...

daijiro_074

Crazed MVS Addict
If the chinese company seeks to profit by selling old snk licenses, i would like capcom buy the fighting games licences well at least we could have some good fighting game with SNK characters.

Azra113

Street Hoop Star
10 Year Member
If the chinese company seeks to profit by selling old snk licenses, i would like capcom buy the fighting games licences well at least we could have some good fighting game with SNK characters.

That would kind of be cool though. They could re-re-re-release street fighter 4 but this time with 4 extra SNK fighters.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
That would kind of be cool though. They could re-re-re-release street fighter 4 but this time with 4 extra SNK fighters.

Its not Capcom vs SNK 3, but I'll take it.

fernandeath

Morden's Lackey
I think Capcom would probably 'kill' the KoF franchise to strengthen the Street Fighter brand

Fygee

20 Year Member
Nah, that would never happen. KOF is way too valuable of a worldwide property to kill.

Its moot though as Capcom will never acquire SNKP.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Nah, that would never happen. KOF is way too valuable of a worldwide property to kill.

Its moot though as Capcom will never acquire SNKP.

the clock is ticking though and as time passes KOF and other SNK franchises are becoming ever more obscure. which is a massive shame

Fygee

20 Year Member
Here and Europe perhaps, but not in Japan, China, and Mexico. Gamers have long memories as well. A blockbuster title that's marketed well would cure all that ails them.

Let's not forget that they have an ever growing presence in the mobile market. 10+ million downloads of Metal Slug Defense is nothing to sniff at.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Honestly worse news than if SNK just called it quits (again).