Rumor: SNK Playmore acquired by Chinese Company

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
They changed CEO's after KOFXIII. The leading team mentioned plans of 2D SS and Metal Slug games, and showed interest in making a Fatal Fury reboot in different interviews. The current CEO ended up firing the entire team eventually lol. I remember reading the CEO used to head Bandai when it was an anime-focused company.

I didn't hear of anything from a team (other then the producer) since 2013. I vaguely remember them talking about 2d SS, FF, and MS games but that's been a while. Did you hear something more recent?

I could have sworn the CEO came from the American branch of something or another. That's why there was hope Playmore would focus on getting the american communities buying their products. So far not so good.

I didn't hear of the firing the entire team. The only person I heard was the producer left, but they said he was contracted and wasn't a part of Playmore. If they killed the entire team it sounds worse then I heard damn.

By the way I would guess Playmore has not been using their other IP's is because their scared to sink millions of dollars to make a new game. I heard they even think Garou 2 isn't very safe (which really suprised me). This is why I like the thought of someone else in charge who wants more IP's. Even if it's circulating the older titles on consoles with good netcode. It's better then what we got now.

Shanadria

New Challenger
Snk is dead, SNK died the day PLaymore bought the company

And about that, is there any new about the incoming KOF 3D game? of it was a pachinko machine?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
SNK died in name only. Playmore, and then eventually SNK Playmore, was owned and operated by the same CEO that ran SNK. It was all one big scheme to restart the company after they got rode and put away wet by Aruze and bad financial decisions.

Currently SNKP is hiring for people to work on a future KOF in 3D, though it appears that its stuck in development hell.

mehguy

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
What if SNK actually stayed in business instead of going bankrupt? Id imagine we would be getting a lot more games from them and theyd still be main stream in the general public. The possibilities...

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
What if SNK actually stayed in business instead of going bankrupt? Id imagine we would be getting a lot more games from them and theyd still be main stream in the general public. The possibilities...

this is the equivalent of asking "what if Leslie M. Collins wasn't retarded?"

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster

So you're saying Shinkiro would still be w/ SNK Dimps would basically still be a division in SNK and all that jazz?

My bet would be SNK would release some of the games we wanted to see like Garou 2, SVC Chaos however it was supposed to be, and Maybe a Art of Fighting 4 or something interesting, but I don't think they would survive the MVS bootlegging crap, or the FGC slowing down. My question would be if Dimps no longer existed, who would have made Street Fighter IV and how different would it be? Arika?

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
That's another thing that makes me wonder. Why doesn't SNKP just have DIMPS develop the next KOF or (insert fighting game here) like Capcom has done? Too expensive? Contracts?

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
That's another thing that makes me wonder. Why doesn't SNKP just have DIMPS develop the next KOF or (insert fighting game here) like Capcom has done? Too expensive? Contracts?

Their on baby steps right now. It took a lot from them to allow 3rd party companies just to port their old titles. They're working up to a 3rd party just making a title.