Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
Does it play Neo games well enough that it makes owning an MVS multi redundant?

I would say keep the MVS multi cart. It plays some well, some are below average though. I haven't checked every game but the one that was awful out of the handful I tested was Strikers 1945 Plus. Lots and lots of slow down. Fighters seem to run decently, though, and so did Blazing Star from the quick blast I had on it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does it play Neo games well enough that it makes owning an MVS multi redundant?

I only played MOTW and it played like normal from what I remember. I play more of SF3 than anything on that thing. I hope the PB4 has some games like time soldiers, heavy barrel or something like that, I'd fucking buy it just for that.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
I have played a hell of a lot of KOF98 on my MVS and the PB3 runs it VERY well. I haven't been able to notice any major issues. Frame rate feels spot on with no input lag.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Just like WWE is entertainment, my HDR alter ego is the same...Dont take it personal. Its done & its retired. I've proven myself already to the HDR community. I've proven myself in online & offline tournaments. I've proven it here by going undefeated & even witness me going 53 wins in a row in a lobby. As for yourself, you have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.

Maybe someday if there is ever a PC release or re-release to the newer console.
lol, all I want is for you to change your handle to HDRChump

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I only played MOTW and it played like normal from what I remember. I play more of SF3 than anything on that thing.

I have played a hell of a lot of KOF98 on my MVS and the PB3 runs it VERY well. I haven't been able to notice any major issues. Frame rate feels spot on with no input lag.

Honestly, if it plays 90% of the Neo games well on there I might consider getting rid of my mvs multi-carts. I'll see for myself when it arrives I guess.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Installed mine on weekend, so far so good everything seems fine no slowdown etc... ill play thru more and mention any problems I see.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Honestly, if it plays 90% of the Neo games well on there I might consider getting rid of my mvs multi-carts. I'll see for myself when it arrives I guess.
I don't think you need to go that far, at least I know I wouldn't get rid of my 161-1. That's just me though, you already got it under way anyhow and you'll be able to make that decision real soon.

Last edited:

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Yeah that's not the pandoras box 3. Looks like the shell from the 2nd one. As Xian mentioned - be careful, sounds dodgy

FLTCHRR

NEST Puppet
I just tried the Pandora with my Blast City & works straight up without any kind of adapter. So the issue is with my Atomiswave cab.

HDR - How did you end up getting this to work with your Atomiswave? I'm having the same issue - it works fine in my astro city, but I get no inputs with the atomiswave. Was it an issue with the grounds?

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
HDR - How did you end up getting this to work with your Atomiswave? I'm having the same issue - it works fine in my astro city, but I get no inputs with the atomiswave. Was it an issue with the grounds?

The adapter will get that fixed I'm sure.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member

If your inputs aren't working it's because the Pandora uses an uncommon ground setup than most standard jamma wiring harnesses. An adapter will fix the issues so you don't have to "hack" up your existing wiring.

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

It's purely a grounding issue. The AW cab's ground for the control panel is retarded. It uses only pin e for grounding the entire panel. That pin on the pandora is changed to button 6 for player two. So you will need to either rewire the cab or get an adapter. For those using my Atlas converter on an AW, you will need to add a jumper wire from pin A to pin f as my adapter is a full passthrough. I can add the jumper wire if you tell me it's for an AW cab.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
It's purely a grounding issue. The AW cab's ground for the control panel is retarded. It uses only pin e for grounding the entire panel. That pin on the pandora is changed to button 6 for player two. So you will need to either rewire the cab or get an adapter. For those using my Atlas converter on an AW, you will need to add a jumper wire from pin A to pin f as my adapter is a full passthrough. I can add the jumper wire if you tell me it's for an AW cab.

Oh crap did you already sent mine out? If not, can you add the jumper wires?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Oh crap did you already sent mine out? If not, can you add the jumper wires?

Eh, went out yesterday. It's simple to do though so you should be fine.

On the next version of the Atlas, I might need to do a 3 layer PCB so I can connect all the grounds together.

Last edited:

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
I might get a Pandora in the future, but I wouldn't sell my 161 even if a few of the Neo titles were really impressive. Pac-Man I don't mind emulating, but MVS games are another matter. The 161 is far from perfect, but is a hell of a lot more than just another Android emulator.

Also: Am I the only one who's been asked more than once if the MVS "has Pac-Man"?

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Eh, went out yesterday. It's simple to do though so you should be fine.

On the next version of the Atlas, I might need to do a 3 layer PCB so I can connect all the grounds together.

You are way too fast in shipping. :lolz:

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
This was already posted and the consensus was to stay away. Use the link on page 1 to buy the real one off AliExpress.

Thanks mate, but i don't want to buy it. I just found it curious and wanted to bring it to attention to the possible intesrested party.

Cheers

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I always try to send things out within 48hrs. Most times, everything goes out the same day unless it's Sunday.

My first adapter came way before my Pandora 3, I was well prepared, super fast shipping.

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I'm sure that is another revision of the Pandora's Box that only outputs a VGA signal...not a bootleg (well, no more than the original) as such, just a different model.

Only VGA? I assume it's the exact same thing as the original, don't see why it wouldnt output RGB through the jamma edge, but i might be wrong, there is no info about that.

EDIT- Oh, it's in the title,lol.

Last edited:

geise

Mickey's Coach
Yeah James is amazing with turnaround time. He fixed my Violent Storm pcb and had it back to me within 5 days lol. That was also with me shipping to him.

Can someone with a Pandora's Box 3 confirm if the volume of the headphone jack remains at full blast even when you change the volume on the PB3? Still waiting for my Jamma cabinet, so I can't confirm if it varies over the Jamma connector, but I tried using it meanwhile using headphones, but I can't seem to change the volume. It's all really loud.