Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Nice, thanks for that. What about the P2 adding coins you mentioned? I tried it with no success.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Hmm. Not sure. All my settings are the same. Try it on some Neo games.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Got it, I just didn't understand it at first but now I know what you mean, you can add the credits you started with before selecting the game during the quit/continue hold start for 3 seconds screen, I was just confused, thanks for the help. Wish there was a way to take away the compulsion at the select game screen though.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Must have missed this...Is there anywhere else you can buy this from besides alibbaba & aliexpress....I happen to live in WA which one of the few states they dont shipped to. I want one of these plus an adapter.

*edit*

Can you edit the game list on these?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Must have missed this...Is there anywhere else you can buy this from besides alibbaba & aliexpress....I happen to live in WA which one of the few states they dont shipped to. I want one of these plus an adapter.

*edit*

Can you edit the game list on these?

If you don't trust buying from international sites you can get them off ebay for a little higher price.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yes you can edit the list HDR chump but no worries 'cause I can beat you at all 520 games, just let them be free.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
If you don't trust buying from international sites you can get them off ebay for a little higher price.

Oh ok, thanks...I've ordered from Aliexpress before a long time ago but for some reason Washington State is in the do not shipped state now. So i can order anything from their store. I'll check ebay.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Some of you guys might be interested in this project I have been messing with. Consoles + Mame + Customizeable Open system. Slowly building it, but so far it is working pretty well.
Second post has updates.

Raspberry-Pi-2 + Cabinet

MrMark0673

n00b
Some of you guys might be interested in this project I have been messing with. Consoles + Mame + Customizeable Open system. Slowly building it, but so far it is working pretty well.
Second post has updates.

Raspberry-Pi-2 + Cabinet

Super cool idea for sure, but I don't want to hack up a cab for an ipac/jpac. This is a nice option for those who want to keep their cab stock jamma and mess around with a decent multi at the same time.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Anybody else run this via VGA to SLG, other than the dude earlier that said it didn't work for him?

Did it work for any of y'all-and if so...how does it look?

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Super cool idea for sure, but I don't want to hack up a cab for an ipac/jpac. This is a nice option for those who want to keep their cab stock jamma and mess around with a decent multi at the same time.

Not to mention, you don't have to setup any software. This is a big plus for those of us who are linux retarded.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent

Why would you have to hack anything up, jpac would plug into your jamma harness like a pcb would. IPac I am going to wire to a finger board to plug straight in. This is definitely a more complex thing than the Pandora, I might pick up a Pandora in addition to get some games that may not be emulated properly in retropie. Cant really go wrong with how much a Pandora costs.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You guys should really move that to the other thread. You're going off the rails in this one.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Hey to anyone who order a jamma to neo geo multislot converter from jammaboards in march, has anyone received theirs or heard anything about their order yet? I'm still waiting on mine so I can try this thing out.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Now that people have these how do vertical shooters play on this, are they in horizontal mode with black bars on the side or do they play in tate?

Zerrminator

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member

That doesn't look anything like the actual Pandora 3 shell. They come in black or light blue and look like a mini PS4. Be very careful who you buy this from otherwise you'll end up getting burnt like whoever went into that previous group buy... just my 2 cents. Go to page 1 and see my first post with exact pictures of what you should be looking for.

Last edited:

Jonathan32

n00b
Hey to anyone who order a jamma to neo geo multislot converter from jammaboards in march, has anyone received theirs or heard anything about their order yet? I'm still waiting on mine so I can try this thing out.

I ordered mine back in March and still have not received the adapter either. Im starting to get pissed off. I also have emailed them and called the phone number multiple times in the past and haven't gotten any response. Out of all the things Ive bought off the internet for my gaming hobby, this is the only time ive been ripped off. Health issues or not if they cant ship these out to people who order them, they should of never put on their website that they are in stock because obviously there not in stock

Shinobi ZX

n00b
Hi everyone, nice to meet you.

I have a problem with my PB3. I own a Bartop which had a Pandora Box 2, and it worked more or less fine. I say "more or less" because it was the first version, and it didn't only lack many games like TMNT or SF3, but it had many slowdowns and tearing on most games. So when I saw Pandora Box 3 with Sunset Riders, TMNT, Golden Axe... :drool: I decided to buy it even if I had no previous experience on this kind of hardware (I didn't assemble my Bartop, just bought it). I just checked the pinout and I thought I should have no trouble: PB2 and PB3 have exactly the same pinout, so it should be easy to exchange, "like a Megadrive cartridge" I thought.

But when I plugged the PB3, it showed the intro video and the menu, but resetted randomly. Sometimes it restarted during the video, cutting it, and sometimes it got to menu and it standed for half a minute or so, then it resetted. If you were fast and chose a game, it won't reset. I mean: after a game has been loaded, it doesn't reset, you could be playing for half hour without trouble. Very odd. However, trying "KOF" Neo Geo games, the joystick "down" and button "D" for player 1 only worked 1 of 20 times, randomly, (what the?... :scratch: ) while the 2p controls worked flawless. Very odd. I cleaned the contacts of the jamma with a soft duster and alcohol, but no luck.

So I decided to open the PB3 to check it. I put out the glue and extracted the MicroSD card, trying to check it on my PC, but it seems to be protected and it's unreadable under windows. Doh, it must contain odd partitions and a filesystem nor readable under win, I must have supposed it.

I put the micro SD again on the PB3, but to my surprise... it doesn't even boot now! Ouch, I guess Win must had corrupted the SD or something... So my PB3 now is a useles piece of plastic which only shows 3 LEDs and does nothing. :oh_no:

Is there anyone who could help me, please? I have read that it's possible to clone the MicroSD with Disk Imager for Windows. So if anyone would be so kind to upload the file from his card, maybe I could resurrect my PB3. :help:

If anyone wants pictures of my board, the LEds that are turned off when I plug it or whatever, just let me know. BTW, my PB3 is the normal version (not HD) with the blue case.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and please forgive my limited English.