Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 384445464748
Results 1,176 to 1,188 of 1188

Thread: Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

Whilst Drunk.
    I Found God.
    Booze = Bad.

Quote Originally Posted by spoonz View Post
    Does anyone know if the guys making these Pandora 2p Arcade Panels sell the panels separately? I'm interested in making something but would just require the case.
    I've never seen them sold separately

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

I received mine earlier this week and tested it last night. My pandora is the 5s version, its advertised as supporting cga and vga, but only vga works.

I'm running this on a supergun, so I need to check out i'm going to get the extra buttons working.

I mean, for $50, it's a nice plug and play alternative. The resolution issue is there but it's not game breaking. I tried Cabal and Prisonners of War, two games I've been playing on the same setup, and yeah, the graphical difference is there. It's just.. a bit blurry. Maybe on an older crt or a regular cga screen, you don't notice much difference, but on my supergun+ossc+lcd monitor setup the difference is there.

Mortal Kombat was choppy, which is a shame! There is some screen tearing going on in some games.

The sound in Golden Axe is wacky, the music and sfx are very muted, but the voice samples are SUPER LOUD

I was surprised to see 4 direction joysticks games working fine. Pacman had no control issues with my PS4 Kai joystick, I was expecting the typical 4/8 ways issues when you switch directions, but it worked perfectly. I assume they are using modified roms? Or its just an emulation setting.

I gotta say that it's a very very nice collection of games, it has all the classics, and the odd weird titles (like those jackie chan fighting games).

It seems to have a mostly complete neo-geo set, so it's also an useful alternative to the multicards and SD setups out there, I guess.

it's not a bad piece of kit, but for the super hardcores like most of us, it's not viable.
    Shuri approved class acts of neo-geo.com:
    mjmjr25, alberto1225, Terot, Fox1 and at the top: Xian Xi

Quote Originally Posted by Shuri View Post
    I received mine earlier this week and tested it last night. My pandora is the 5s version, its advertised as supporting cga and vga, but only vga works.

I'm running this on a supergun, so I need to check out i'm going to get the extra buttons working.

I mean, for $50, it's a nice plug and play alternative. The resolution issue is there but it's not game breaking. I tried Cabal and Prisonners of War, two games I've been playing on the same setup, and yeah, the graphical difference is there. It's just.. a bit blurry. Maybe on an older crt or a regular cga screen, you don't notice much difference, but on my supergun+ossc+lcd monitor setup the difference is there.

Mortal Kombat was choppy, which is a shame! There is some screen tearing going on in some games.

The sound in Golden Axe is wacky, the music and sfx are very muted, but the voice samples are SUPER LOUD

I was surprised to see 4 direction joysticks games working fine. Pacman had no control issues with my PS4 Kai joystick, I was expecting the typical 4/8 ways issues when you switch directions, but it worked perfectly. I assume they are using modified roms? Or its just an emulation setting.

I gotta say that it's a very very nice collection of games, it has all the classics, and the odd weird titles (like those jackie chan fighting games).

It seems to have a mostly complete neo-geo set, so it's also an useful alternative to the multicards and SD setups out there, I guess.

it's not a bad piece of kit, but for the super hardcores like most of us, it's not viable.
    Nice review, there are some for sale in my area complete in a cab and was looking for actual users. I am still not sure about it since I've noticed a bit too much blurryness on the lcd screen and it's 1800CDN$ too. Again thanks for your time!
    Gatsou & Caska will dominate!!!
    My post number is broken

!!Great sellers/traders I dealt with:Big Bear x4, Jim is Hot, Hentai Sama, dbarrett0928, Bones, Neo Bomber Man, Joe McCabe x2, Kenny Boy x3, MilkManX, Kobylka68, rimms_rs, Shawn (Neo-Store), 5thlion5thlion, Bluevoodu, ckchan x2, Shining Kooksu, Msu89dawgs, KOF RUGAL B., Dewclaw, Lemony Vengeance, Renmauzo, Unofficialitguy, snes_collector, NeoTurfMasta, pipes,egg_sanwich, Colorado Rockie,RAZO!!

Another Striker

Does anyone have an SD card backup of the pandora 4s backup they could upload please

Timid Neo Newbie

Hey, does anyone know how to get different versions of a Pandora Box working on another?

I have two Pandora Box 5S unit's and i'm trying to get the image from one to boot-up on the other. Swapped SD cards and powered it on but, won't work. What's the deal here? They're both bootlegs using the same hardware, although one motherboard looks Nicer and Newer. I don't get what the hang-up is.
    Last edited by SkullGrin; 10-31-2018 at 04:40 PM.

Rasputin's Rose Gardener

The stock card has both a read-only boot partition and an encrypted main partition. I believe the encryption is tied to the board, so you can't hop cards between units.

That said, there's a guy that modified the image somehow to add more games. Take a look here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pb3aracde

Timid Neo Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheCore View Post
    The stock card has both a read-only boot partition and an encrypted main partition. I believe the encryption is tied to the board, so you can't hop cards between units.

That said, there's a guy that modified the image somehow to add more games. Take a look here:
    https://www.facebook.com/pb3aracde

But these are bootleg Pandora units. Is the SD card image really tied/married to whatever board it's on? Why would the bootleggers care or go through that kinda trouble? It's not like this is official product from 3A games.
    Last edited by SkullGrin; 11-01-2018 at 03:37 AM.

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by SkullGrin View Post
    But these are bootleg Pandora units. Is the SD card image really tied/married to whatever board it's on? Why would the bootleggers care or go through that kinda trouble? It's not like this is official product from 3A games.
    If you look at the 1st partition on the sd card, you will notice a file called 3A, try copying this file from your sd card to the new card that you are trying to boot.

Neo Bubble Buster

So what's the latest version of the Pandora's Box now? It seems after 6, all of the 7 models on Ali Express are more like handheld consoles than JAMMA boards.

Another Striker

Quote Originally Posted by edd_jedi View Post
    So what's the latest version of the Pandora's Box now? It seems after 6, all of the 7 models on Ali Express are more like handheld consoles than JAMMA boards.
    Pandora box 6 has just been released and is offical 3A product

Timid Neo Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    If you look at the 1st partition on the sd card, you will notice a file called 3A, try copying this file from your sd card to the new card that you are trying to boot.

When placing it into an SD card reader and viewing it in windows, i see no such file on the newer 1299 games SD card.

I do see stuff like that when i place the 999 games card in but, not the 1299 games card. It looks totally different. I'm sure the 1299 games image is a newer build/hack from the other one.

NG.com Tattoo Artist.

Says it does cga now and works on crt, thats kind of awesome. The 5 did not do this so I am going to grab a 6 today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesagwa View Post
    If a middle aged woman shitting on a glass coffee table shocks you, let me welcome you to the internet as you must be new here.

Frenzy Football Player

So i'm guessing the Pink one is the only one that supports CGA?

https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesa...ora-box-6.html
    Last edited by munchiaz; 11-07-2018 at 01:40 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check out my youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzm...SHN-k1d8rj6Q_A

Thread Information