Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
Does anyone know which pandoras boxes work on CGA / CRT, for sure. I bought a 4s not too long ago, the listing said it will work for CGA/CRT, but it didnt..well not right at least. It gave the multiplied / overlapping screen. (if it matters Im using the JNX adapter in my candy cab). Worked fine via hdmi though.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
The only trend I've noticed is if it has a hdmi port it won't do cga.

Edit Incorrect, sorry for the misinformation.

Last edited:

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
The only trend I've noticed is if it has a hdmi port it won't do cga.

Good to know thanks! Guess I'll try again and avoid that. Is there a "best" non hdmi model to get then? (like the most games / best emulation?)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The ones I’ve had did all three signals. There are some out there that are HD only so no CGA support.

Just make sure you don’t have an HDMI or VGA cable plugged in when you power it on, as that would cut off the CGA picture(if it actually supports it).

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I will have to check again!

I have way too many of these.

Edit I have 2 pink 4s's that are cga, vga & hdmi.

One green 5s that's just vga & hdmi.

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Mine doesn't do CGA :(

Just a faint rolling picture. HDMI is what I bought it for, but the option would've been nice. Double whammy is that the HDMI didn't work on my WEGA HDCRT. It wasn't the 800x600 resolution, though, because my laptop could output the rez just fine.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Mine doesn't do CGA :(

Just a faint rolling picture. HDMI is what I bought it for, but the option would've been nice. Double whammy is that the HDMI didn't work on my WEGA HDCRT. It wasn't the 800x600 resolution, though, because my laptop could output the rez just fine.

From what I learned, the HDMI does not work with all TVs. I traded for a "defective" one as he had problems with colors on his TV and when I tried it, it worked fine.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If colors are off on HDMI it's probably a Black level or color space mismatch. Most tvs default to Auto detect but it doesn't always work properly.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If colors are off on HDMI it's probably a Black level or color space mismatch. Most tvs default to Auto detect but it doesn't always work properly.

It was more like a mix of pastel colors, that kind of off.

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
I will have to check again!

I have way too many of these.

Edit I have 2 pink 4s's that are cga, vga & hdmi.

One green 5s that's just vga & hdmi.

Hmm weird, so hdmi does not rule out cga it appears. Is there a good way to locate a 4s with cga, Or a good alternative instead?

I was just looking at this one here:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pandora-Bo...465807?hash=item1c8c73874f:g:i7AAAOSw-29ZUv12
But noticed its not the ps4 looking shell style..not sure if that truly matters or not?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
TB2f_Gfemaag_SKJjy0_Fh_XXcrb_FXa_2082577526.jpg

Are these even for sale yet? All I keep finding are the bootleg PB4s'.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
The HDMI one (blue) is out, the Jamma one (orange) was supposed to be coming out Nov 26~27.

Ok, thank you.

I'm assuming the game list is the same between the two models?

Last edited:

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
Damn didnt even know those were coming out. I take it the jamma one going to be normal cga out?

Dominance9

Pleasure Goal
I mentioned I had two 4s cga/vga/hdmi carts, I'll check what xxx in 1 they are and send you a pm.

Yep I seen, thats why I was asking if there is any way to tell which are cga or not (I have a pink 4s w/ VGA / HDMI that said it should be CGA but its not) Mine has no identifying marks on the case, on the original box it was shipped in it says: moonlight box 4S 800. Otherwise its very generic.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Yep I seen, thats why I was asking if there is any way to tell which are cga or not (I have a pink 4s w/ VGA / HDMI that said it should be CGA but its not) Mine has no identifying marks on the case, on the original box it was shipped in it says: moonlight box 4S 800. Otherwise its very generic.

I have that same fake.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
The Jamma version of the Pandora's Box 5 finally went live, but according to a post over on jammaplus it is NOT compatible with CGA monitors. That sucks.

Damn that sucks. They're geared towards those shitty Vewlix clones and lcd clone cabs in china that uses LCD but still uses a jamma harness for controls. Guess I'll try to find a 4s for those cps1 games.