Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1113

Thread: Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheCore View Post
    Funny, the opposite happened for me - the Pandora 4S pushed me over to getting a CPS2 Multi. I picked up a Pandora because I'd heard good things, but I'm sensitive to VSync and the screen tearing on all the games was a total deal breaker. Now the Pandora is off to a different loving home, and I'm going the original hardware route where I can for now.
    I'm using 3 sometimes 4. Might get a 4s for stereo.

I just wasn't using the cps2 multi and I'm trying to move stuff on if that's the case. One less thing to dust

Armored Scrum Object

Annndd now the Pandora's Box 4S+ is released with 815 games. Looks like they added a mostly vertical screen titles, plus you can now get your dose of Pit Fighter and the first Mortal Kombat.

I don't know if the hardware is the same as the 4/4S, but if it is I'd assume MK won't be running that well.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Also, the original Pandora's Box 3 520-in-1 is now as low as 25. Was there a way to add/replace games in that version?

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Alright, while doing research I've discovered that Retroarch has been ported to the Pandora's Box.

https://github.com/sebastian404/aus_...eases/tag/0.1a

http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/for...hacking#753457

This is awesome news, I've been looking forward getting a raspberry pi and a Rpi2Jamma, but you can't really beat a 30€ box which comes loaded with Retroarch. If they manage to hack in resolution switching so that it switches resolution upon starting a game we may very well have the best low cost solution for an arcade cabinet.

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by donluca View Post
    Alright, while doing research I've discovered that Retroarch has been ported to the Pandora's Box.

This is awesome news, I've been looking forward getting a raspberry pi and a Rpi2Jamma, but you can't really beat a 30€ box which comes loaded with Retroarch. If they manage to hack in resolution switching so that it switches resolution upon starting a game we may very well have the best low cost solution for an arcade cabinet.
    Is it still only a very specific version of the board (the L-shaped one?) that allows images to be loaded or do even the square HDMI-enabled ones allow it also?
    Last edited by aoiddr; 07-25-2017 at 04:58 PM.

JammaNationX

The thing that I want to check out is how well Numan Athletics runs on the hardware since last I remember that it wasn't 100% emulated.

I got notified two weeks ago about this new version. I can get them pretty cheap but I'm not sure how many units are on hand.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Quote Originally Posted by aoiddr View Post
    Is it still only a very specific version of the board (the L-shaped one?) that allows images to be loaded or do even the square HDMI-enabled ones allow it also?
    On github the guy says that it will work in any Pandora version which has the AUS logo, it has been tested on two boards, one L shaped and the other square.

Kuroko's Training Dummy

The birthday is coming up and i have been tossing around the idea of getting one one of the HDMI/VGA models (4S+). I think i have a grasp on what most of the problems on these are but i am curious about a few items i cant seem to find. Would anyone who has on be so kind as to clarifying:

1. Does the VGA output support 640 X 480 60Hz?

2. Does the Quality Optimization turn off the filter completely? A picture of it off vs on would be awesome if possible as i cant find it anywhere.

3. Anyone try to use an SL generator on these?

Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff. HDRchampion's Avatar

Is there a step by step on how to put retroarch into pandora?

*edit*
    My pc cant read the memory card, is there a program for this?
    Last edited by HDRchampion; 07-31-2017 at 04:20 PM.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

You need something to read EXT2/3 filesystem, but I'm not sure you really need it.

AFAIK, you download the image, slam it on an SD and slap it into your Pandora. The SD has a FAT32 partition where you put the games, so you don't need any special software to write into it.

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby is doing and can I afford to take care of him while buying your stuff. HDRchampion's Avatar

I tried & all i get is a black screen...Tried putting back the original files & now im just getting a complete black screen nothing. Is it FUBAR?

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Make sure you have properly written the image on the SD, I have a friend over at an arcade italian forum who's been using it for days and is really happy about it. I'm waiting for my Pandora to arrive as well.

Remember this only works on AUS Pandoras (there's an "AUS" logo on them)

Make sure you have properly written the image on the SD, I have a friend over at an arcade italian forum who's been using it for days and is really happy about it. I'm waiting for my Pandora to arrive as well.

Remember this only works on AUS Pandoras (there's an "AUS" logo on them)
    What are the steps to properly write to sd card? You can't just copy and paste?

Armored Scrum Object

Quote Originally Posted by HDRchampion View Post
    I tried & all i get is a black screen...Tried putting back the original files & now im just getting a complete black screen nothing. Is it FUBAR?
    If you have an authentic PB and you deleted the original files with no backup, you've got a paperweight.

I know nothing about the Retroarch image, but on the original SD no game files are on the FAT32 partition.

Zero's Tailor

Quote Originally Posted by HDRchampion View Post
    What are the steps to properly write to sd card? You can't just copy and paste?
    Nope, because of filesystems and what not. Use an SD image writing program like SD Imager to write the IMG file to the card.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootTheCore View Post
    Nope, because of filesystems and what not. Use an SD image writing program like SD Imager to write the IMG file to the card.
    Thanks i got retroarch to boot up but how do you play games on it? How do you add roms to the files? Will i still be able to play Pandora Box games & King of Air?

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

If you put the SD in your computer a readable/writeable partition should pop up and you can put in games. I don't remember the exact folder, but if you look at the author's website it should be noted there somewhere.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Anyone have any of the the latest Pandora's Box(s)? Particularly the 4s+, 4sx, and the 5? I was having a look at what's on Highscoregames.com and figured I'd see if anyone had any experience with the latest editions.

https://www.highscoresaves.com/multi...sion-kits.html

Thanks to anyone with a thought on it. Might just go with a RaspPi solution but I approached that road once and there was an overabundance of configuring and fuckery that went along with it. The PB's for all their inaccuracies and faults do just kinda work.
    Last edited by West; 09-02-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Just to let everyone know, I've recently bought a Pandora's Box 3 for 28€ (~30$) and modded it to use Retroarch on it and it's the almost definitive solution for a super cheap multi game arcade board for your cabinet. I even went a bit further and modified the retroarch image to improve some small bits here and there.

The only thing missing is automatic resolution switching for when you change the game, so you don't have black bars added. Other than that it's an almost pixel perfect solution.

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Just to let everyone know, I've recently bought a Pandora's Box 3 for 28€ (~30$) and modded it to use Retroarch on it and it's the almost definitive solution for a super cheap multi game arcade board for your cabinet. I even went a bit further and modified the retroarch image to improve some small bits here and there.

The only thing missing is automatic resolution switching for when you change the game, so you don't have black bars added. Other than that it's an almost pixel perfect solution.
    can we see some pictures of some of the games, UI, etc.? What "changes" did you make?

I have a PB4 (the first one, the one that looks like a PS4), and I want to see if it would be worth the headache.

It's one thing to say that "you did it", then tell everyone that they should do it, and its another to show us the end result so we know what we're working for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

Good points. Share the info if it helps, before it gets lost.
    Take a bite out of crime.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Here's the page of the Retroarch on Pandora's box project:

https://github.com/sebastian404/aus_japb_retroarch

it has most of the info you need, including the compatible versions of pandoras.

Here's the thread were developments are discussed: http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/for...hacking#753457

It's a general pandora thread, so the information about retroarch is mixed with many other posts about pandora's box.

Here's my custom image: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a3d5wj...troarch.img.7z

Just write it to an 8GB SD (the one which came with the Pandora should be fine, be sure to back it up first), and put the roms in the empty disk that pop ups.

Right now there are some people having issues with the rom partitions because it seems there are no tools on Windows which are able to write properly the image to the SD. No issues on Mac and Linux.
    I've just tried Etcher on Windows ( http://etcher.io ) and that seemed to work fine for me, but further tests are needed.

Quoting myself from another thread about the changes I've made:

Several small tweaks has been done: a slight overclock, 1P Start + 1P Button 1 to return to retroarch menu (instead of the physical button on the Pandora's Box), 382x240 resolution (so 320x240 games are displayed correctly, as well as CPS1/2 which are 384x224 - black borders are added where needed, you'll have to adjust your monitor geometry), smaller message font (so they are entirely readable) and, of course, the FAT32 partition where you can directly dump the ROMs in. (otherwise you'd need a Linux machine to read the EXT3 partition and put roms in)
    I think I've made some other very small changes but right now I can't remember, maybe something on the audio resampler to have a lesser impact on the CPU although I don't remember if I reverted it back in the end or not.

Tomorrow I'll post some pics for you guys.

EDIT: Just to make it clear

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyRear View Post
    It's one thing to say that "you did it", then tell everyone that they should do it,
    I'm not telling someone to go and do it, I've just stated my opinion on the matter, based on my own experience, so YMMV as with anything else.
    Someone might like it, somebody else might prefer the tearing and issues of the original Pandora.
    The UI is really barebones (it's RGUI for those familiar with Retroarch) but it's ok for me as I just care for the games.
    Last edited by donluca; 09-02-2017 at 06:53 PM.

Formerly Giltygear
    xROTx
    Parking in handicap spaces, while handicapped people make handicapped faces
    Here's the page of the Retroarch on Pandora's box project:

https://github.com/sebastian404/aus_japb_retroarch

it has most of the info you need, including the compatible versions of pandoras.

Here's the thread were developments are discussed: http://www.jammaplus.co.uk/forum/for...hacking#753457

It's a general pandora thread, so the information about retroarch is mixed with many other posts about pandora's box.

Here's my custom image: http://www.mediafire.com/file/a3d5wj...troarch.img.7z

Just write it to an 8GB SD (the one which came with the Pandora should be fine, be sure to back it up first), and put the roms in the empty disk that pop ups.

Right now there are some people having issues with the rom partitions because it seems there are no tools on Windows which are able to write properly the image to the SD. No issues on Mac and Linux.
    I've just tried Etcher on Windows ( http://etcher.io ) and that seemed to work fine for me, but further tests are needed.

Quoting myself from another thread about the changes I've made:

I think I've made some other very small changes but right now I can't remember, maybe something on the audio resampler to have a lesser impact on the CPU although I don't remember if I reverted it back in the end or not.

Tomorrow I'll post some pics for you guys.

EDIT: Just to make it clear

I'm not telling someone to go and do it, I've just stated my opinion on the matter, based on my own experience, so YMMV as with anything else.
    Someone might like it, somebody else might prefer the tearing and issues of the original Pandora.
    The UI is really barebones (it's RGUI for those familiar with Retroarch) but it's ok for me as I just care for the games.
    Good enough for me. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
    Xorthen was on my case for a few days via PM (and then some) offering to pay me $20 just to talk on the phone with me for an hour, but he chickened out or something and then decided to be an asshole in public towards me

Kula's Candy

new pandora 5s featuring a whopping 986 games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWQRqdDfLUw

Likes Football.
    Lives in teh USA.
    Go Figure.

Quote Originally Posted by jhonny d View Post
    new pandora 5s featuring a whopping 986 games https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWQRqdDfLUw
    But is it "official", or some hack of the 4s?
    Take a bite out of crime.

Thread Information