Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

Thank you for the fast replies!

Does anyone know if there is a breakdown of the games and what buttons are needed? I will most likely pull them from the menu so they are not available.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It's pretty much just fighting games that use more than 4 buttons.

On the Jamma edge the Pandora is mono like most jamma games. You'd pull stereo from a separate headphone jack on the side.

On the PB3 and PB4 it's mono(dual mono) from the headphone jack, only the 4S seems to have separate stereo signals for the headphone jack.

Thank you for the fast replies!

Does anyone know if there is a breakdown of the games and what buttons are needed? I will most likely pull them from the menu so they are not available.

Not that I know of. Most games are JAMMA in the list so they are mostly 3 button or less. Neo and PGM are up to 4 buttons, of course Capcom fighters are 6 button. And yes you will need an adapter using a JAMMA switcher.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I never noticed it was dual mono. Learn something every day.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I never noticed it was dual mono. Learn something every day.

I think it's mostly because only some games have real stereo separation like the Neo. So we are used to just hearing mono/dual mono.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Does anyone by chance have an image from the 4S English version? I just powered on one and it's in Chinese.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I think it's mostly because only some games have real stereo separation like the Neo. So we are used to just hearing mono/dual mono.

Now that you mention it I don't think I ever use it for anything that would have stereo anyway since I have real Neo and CPS2 setups.

On the PB3 and PB4 it's mono(dual mono) from the headphone jack, only the 4S seems to have separate stereo signals for the headphone jack.

Not that I know of. Most games are JAMMA in the list so they are mostly 3 button or less. Neo and PGM are up to 4 buttons, of course Capcom fighters are 6 button. And yes you will need an adapter using a JAMMA switcher.

Would I need the switcher for the MV-1c or for the Pandora? I know I had the King of Air on the jamma switcher without issue but I used the 1/8 inches audio out.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
How do you read the microSD cards in these things? Both my Mac and PC just say it can't be read.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Don't have one, but I *think* they are in ext3 or ext4 format, as they use a barebone linux system to run the emulator.

On mac give a shot at Google FUSE, it extends the file system handling to several file systems, or use a virtual machine and install any linux distro.

If they went for a more elegant solution, they may have used a FreeBSD derivative. As such it will probably be using UFS file system. The above still applies.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Don't have one, but I *think* they are in ext3 or ext4 format, as they use a barebone linux system to run the emulator.

On mac give a shot at Google FUSE, it extends the file system handling to several file systems, or use a virtual machine and install any linux distro.

If they went for a more elegant solution, they may have used a FreeBSD derivative. As such it will probably be using UFS file system. The above still applies.

Thanks dude, I'll check it out. When my Mac asked if I wanted to repair the drive it showed that it was in fact coming up as Linux.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Thanks dude, I'll check it out. When my Mac asked if I wanted to repair the drive it showed that it was in fact coming up as Linux.

Keep us updated on the 4s. Some have been popping up around and below the $100 mark. Might get that instead of the 4 if the emulation is better.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior

No probs, I've always been interested in those as I want to get rid of the original software and try to make MAME work instead of the outdated Final Burn they have built in. If someone ever succeeds in doing that I have my wallet ready.

I remember FUSE being a bit clunky, if you need help shoot me a PM.

Last edited:

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
Does anyone by chance have an image from the 4S English version? I just powered on one and it's in Chinese.

Isn't there a language option in the menu? Maybe I am confusing it with the Game King.

Keep us updated on the 4s. Some have been popping up around and below the $100 mark. Might get that instead of the 4 if the emulation is better.

It is exactly the same, just a few extra games and HDMI out.

Would I need the adapter for the MV-1c or for the Pandora? I know I had the King of Air on the jamma switcher without issue but I used the 1/8 inches audio out.

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Would I need the adapter for the MV-1c or for the Pandora? I know I had the King of Air on the jamma switcher without issue but I used the 1/8 inches audio out.

From what I remember, the KOA is a straight JAMMA, for the Pandora, you would need the adapter.

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Does anyone else have a king of air? Guwange wont work properly on mine, spirit animal wont come out. Was wondering if anyone else had that issue.

NeuroticMoose

Super Spy Agent
just got my Pandoras box 4s in the mail today, hooked it up with the stuff Xian sent me and it starts up perfectly, the only thing is the picture seems a little dim? Is there a video settings in the pandoras box menus (I don't have a control panel yet so can't find out myself) or do I need to adjust the monitor itself?

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
adjust your monitor. Do you have any CPS2 or MVS boards? Both have a nice screen test that can help.

Azathoth

Galford's Armourer
20 Year Member
From what I remember, the KOA is a straight JAMMA, for the Pandora, you would need the adapter.

Although none of the included games use it, the KOA is still wired like the PB (and other Chinese boards) using the next to last pins as button 6 for P1 & P2 that are always ground/common wires on a standard JAMMA setup. Unfortunately you'll need to do a bit or rewiring or get an adapter if your harness is actually using them as grounds.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Since I'm not the biggest fighter fan I sold my cps2 multi to someone who'd appreciate it more and use my Pandora. A big factor was your (Dark Jaguar) opinion of how it handles cps2 games. I'm using it in my Capcom cab that you're not fond of the cp angle.