Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

Bashful Neophyte

Hi,i buy one pandora´s box 3,but dont work !! the cabinent dont start,the power supply reset constalty. With board Neo Geo MVS works fine...i have four buttons for each player. Any help ???

Here´s a video with de problem:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%2028%2054.mov

and here with Neo Geo board and 161-1:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...%2037%2023.mov

Thnks !!

AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!

Quote Originally Posted by estionx View Post
    Hi,i buy one pandora´s box 3,but dont work !! the cabinent dont start,the power supply reset constalty. With board Neo Geo MVS works fine...i have four buttons for each player. Any help ???
    Some power supplies do not work unless they have a minimum load. Maybe the power requirements for the Pandora are not enough to load your power supply up to the minimum required, therefore it does not work. Have you tried with a different power supply?

Regards.

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy

people need to stop buying this garbage

Bashful Neophyte

Quote Originally Posted by aha2940 View Post
    Some power supplies do not work unless they have a minimum load. Maybe the power requirements for the Pandora are not enough to load your power supply up to the minimum required, therefore it does not work. Have you tried with a different power supply?

Regards.
    Hi,i dont have any other power supply only the one seen in the video,Hantarex us150. If dont connect anything to the jamma harness does the same thing with the pandora. Only works with the MVS board.
    Last edited by estionx; 04-27-2015 at 02:49 PM.

Bashful Neophyte

Solved,i tin a 12v/50w bulb in +5v line for load more power to start the power supply. The pandora box dont request the minimun load.

AH
    A
    COLUMBIAN!

Solved,i tin a 12v/50w bulb in +5v line for load more power to start the power supply. The pandora box dont request the minimun load.
    Good to know, the power supply on the supergun I'm building requires a minimum load too, handy solution in case I get a Pandora in the future.

Regards.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

let there be light.

Bashful Neophyte

Hi,how to control the volume? in some game is too strong !!

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

Hi,how to control the volume? in some game is too strong !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerrminator View Post
    I'd say the biggest drawback for me right now is the tiny volume control wheel and the varying volume of each game. It does take some patience reaching down to adjust it as you load up different games, which has me thinking about tapping the PCB itself and creating a more user friendly volume control nob that can be mounted remotely away from the board.

Rugal's Thug

Well mine came in today but still no word on the converter from jammaboards, getting a little worried about that. Mine was this light blue color too, same kind of case just a different color. Opened it up and it has the same revision and date as the topic creators one.

Krauser's Shoe Shiner

Just an FYI but you can't set these boards to free play so make sure you have the ability to add credits or you are buggered.

NAM-75 Vet

Quote Originally Posted by theGau View Post
    Well mine came in today but still no word on the converter from jammaboards, getting a little worried about that. Mine was this light blue color too, same kind of case just a different color. Opened it up and it has the same revision and date as the topic creators one.
    I'm interested to hear how you make out with this version. From what I read on AliExpress the "Blue" case is for the PCB that's "HD". I don't know if that means means the VGA out is 720p.

I just tested mine finally with a 4:3 17inch LCD and it looks pretty good. Mind you I found this LCD at a garage sale for $5, and it's not exactly calibrated yet. It shows the signal as 640x480 @59Hz.

New Challenger

Pulled the trigger on one, tough not to at that price. Paid for FedEx express through the alibaba link, hopefully it comes in soon.

Crap they're tearing down the Palace of Auburn Hills. I guess it's I-75 & M-59 now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark0673 View Post
    Pulled the trigger on one, tough not to at that price. Paid for FedEx express through the alibaba link, hopefully it comes in soon.
    They're worth the price but far from perfect. Editing the games list is a plus.

Mr. Big's Thug

It's not perfect, but it works great and it's the best xxxin1 jamma board out there
    ------------ Neo Mini Box --------------

JammaNationX

New Pandora adapters are in:

jnx-atlas.jpg

PM me if you need one, right now I can only make roughly 5. Can support both CPS1 and CPS2 kick harnesses, can be purchased as a standalone adapter without the optional voltmeter, can also be used as just a voltmeter by moving the two jumpers over.

Thou Shalt Not
    Question Rot.

JNX! JNX! JNX!

New Challenger

Has anyone that bought the Jamma to Mvs adapter from Jammaboards.com heard anything yet? This is so frustrating, they sent me an email stating that they were back in stock on the website back in March I believe. So of course I ordered one right away because I have a few Jamma Pcbs that I want to use in my 2-slot. I have emailed them and called the phone number that is listed on my invoice receipt over and over but can not get through to any one. Does this company have problems filling orders with all products or just the adapters? What gets me is that they send you a notice saying "hey, just wanted to let you know that the certain product you want to buy is now in stock. You may purchase here." It makes it seem like they are deliberately scamming people. I mean why would they say they have them in stock when obviously they don't?

Rugal's Thug

I'm pretty sure that the main person runs the site has cancer, I think someone might have mentioned that in this thread. Also their twitter account mentions something about cancer sucks. I am in the same boat as you as in waiting on a converter but if there are health issues I am willing to wait a little.

JammaNationX

I've dealt with Tim many times and he sometimes has problems where he is stuck in the hospital. A friend of mine has a family member that had cancer and it really does take a toll on people especially when undergoing therapy for it.

Morden's Lackey

H
    Quote Originally Posted by Xian Xi View Post
    I've dealt with Tim many times and he sometimes has problems where he is stuck in the hospital. A friend of mine has a family member that had cancer and it really does take a toll on people especially when undergoing therapy for it.
    I can attest to this too. My dad passed away last week from lung cancer and he was hell bent on paying his customers right until the end despite the fact that it was out of his power. He was a veterinarian but it's the same mindset.

JammaNationX

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeMonster View Post
    H
    I can attest to this too. My dad passed away last week from lung cancer and he was hell bent on paying his customers right until the end despite the fact that it was out of his power. He was a veterinarian but it's the same mindset.
    Sorry to hear that bro.

New Challenger

Thanks for the information. I did not know that that was the case. My father also passed away whenever I was a senior in high school (in 2000) due to cancer, so I do understand the delays. I guess we will just have to wait for the adapters then. I have searched the internet high and low for other sites that sell these jamma to mvs adapters but cant find anywhere else that has them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark0673 View Post
    I bought one as well about 2 weeks ago. Haven't gotten it yet, I should have expedited it.

Thread Information