Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Make sure you get the UHD version from questionable sellers in the ever deal giving ebay...get them now before everyone else does, it could go fast!

havok666

n00b
Let's not read through out the thread...nah, what for?, the info you're looking for couldn't possibly be within the 873 posts in this thread...no way...just ask for the gazillionth time...

Waiting to hear 'more' impressions on the PB4 before I take the jump. No need to be condescending. Our exchange rate is below .70 cents so I ain't going to pay an extra 40% on top of whatever they go for if I won't like it.

Last edited:

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Waiting to hear 'more' impressions on the PB4 before I take the jump. No need to be condescending. Our exchange rate is below .70 cents so I ain't going to pay an extra 40% on top of whatever they go for if I won't like it.

Yeah he can be condensing. We're all tired of answering the same questions over and over. Stop being lazy and go back and read the thread. Plenty of impressions on the Pandora 4 including a series of videos by Lantus.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member

he just means "read what's already been said" all your answers are there.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You're a fucking moron, what you need is...break your back, make you humble.

DuffCon

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Does anyone know if they corrected the issue with K7000 monitors on the PB4?

On the PB3, no matter how much you adjust the horizontal width coil, you can never fill the screen -there's always about an inch on either side.

Just bumping this question up: Does anyone with a k7000 have a PB4? If they fixed the horizontal width issue, i'd definitely get a PB4

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Just bumping this question up: Does anyone with a k7000 have a PB4? If they fixed the horizontal width issue, i'd definitely get a PB4

reminds me, I need to unsubscribe from this thread now...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I should probably sell my PB3 since I'm likely to never use it again.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Sell it to me if you're selling it with the jamma adapter as well. LMK

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
If I sell it I'm keeping the Jamma adapter, it also works great as a Jamma extender on my supergun, and the voltmeter is handy.

And pixel, you are absolutely right. The only thing that makes me hesitate is that I don't have a good way of playing the Pi on my PVM, I have to use a PC monitor.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Raspberri Pi might be great for you guys willing to put the time and effort (Don't tell me is easy, I've read the thread.) but not me, I just want easy. If I'm concerned about perfection that's what the originals are for.

@GX, well if selling for cheap I might bite anyway. I just want it for a friend. I could always get another adapter...

DuffCon

Kuroko's Training Dummy
it's getting a ton of noob repetition "so how is the PB3?"

Raspberry Pi 2 > PB3

I have a PB3, I know that it truncates a bit of the left hand margin on the screen on crt output for CPS 1&2 games.

I'm talking about another issue with K7000 monitors where there is significant pillar boxing of the video output in all games. No matter how you adjust the horizontal width cool:

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Raspberri Pi might be great for you guys willing to put the time and effort (Don't tell me is easy, I've read the thread.) but not me, I just want easy. If I'm concerned about perfection that's what the originals are for.

@GX, well if selling for cheap I might bite anyway. I just want it for a friend. I could always get another adapter...

EG, ping me if you want help with a RPi's. I've got several and they aren't bad to setup. I've been playing with them since first release.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Thanks man, I just might hold you up to it.

As for the PB3 and PB4, people trying to cream these things for what they're not is laughable. I love the PB3 for what it is.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Maybe, I was thinking waiting would be the best thing to do, wait for newer models that are more powerful.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member

I'll help you set up a mame box that put these things to shame.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah man, I still want a decent PC to do it right. I was just thinking of setting up the PB3 with it, I managed to get a Die Hard CP for cheap, so now it's a legit STV cab, lol. I just wanted a redo on that button layout, I felt sorta guilty not doing a better job for something more universal as we just intended to use it for AW. Now I got a second chance, just do a proper 6 button setup and get it running. Maybe then NG will finally get on board...or someone else for that matter...lol.

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
I ordered the King of Air from eBay but just realized it might be the bootleg one. I should have read a little more before ordering and paid attention to the images. It looks like the one I have coming has rounded corners.

I have also been trying to get an answer to this question. I don't have a k7000, but have similar issues with the PB3 not filling my CRT properly horizontally - don't have this issue with any original Jamma boards. Since they fixed the cut-off on CPS-based titles I'm hoping it means they also fixed the horizontal output size to be wider than the older Pandora's Box's, but I dunno, no one seems to know the answer.

I guess the number of people owning both the PB4 and an older one is quite low, so it might be hard to get someone to check.

DuffCon

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have also been trying to get an answer to this question. I don't have a k7000, but have similar issues with the PB3 not filling my CRT properly horizontally - don't have this issue with any original Jamma boards. Since they fixed the cut-off on CPS-based titles I'm hoping it means they also fixed the horizontal output size to be wider than the older Pandora's Box's, but I dunno, no one seems to know the answer.

I guess the number of people owning both the PB4 and an older one is quite low, so it might be hard to get someone to check.

Thanks for the response; I'm thinking about just getting one to try. I know that there is a blurry filter with non-CPS games (a result of scaling all games to the CPS resolution) but most of the time the CPS games are what I play anyway. I figure the worst that could happen is I end up selling the PB4 for a small loss...

I'll post up if I get one