Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
any new info on these. Just got my setup running again, not sure if anything new and better has come along.

Pandora's Box 9 is out now. You'll need to supply your own rom files (usually, the seller will send you a link for them). I'm running one that has no problem running Playstation 1. My goal is to load up Einhander up on a cabinet.

I haven't tried Pandora's Box 3D X/ Pandora's Key 7 yet. I may pick one up during the holidays.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Actually, I've randomly discovered something very interesting about some of those boards and that they are based off a RaspberryPi clone known as OrangePi and, more in particular, this one: http://www.orangepi.org/orangepipc/

I was stocked because I've had this board for, like forever. What they did was modify the board somehow to allow for an analogue video out (which might as well be just the HDMI connected to a DAC).

Unfortunately not much was developed for this board which means that, AFAIK, right now your best shot is putting Retroarch on it and that's it.
Someone went the extra mile and made 32GB to 256GB images with most of MAME/FBA ROMs on it and named it Retropan or something.

Until someone puts some serious work on it and allows us to get dynamic resolution switch to get pixel perfect output with each game there's not much more to talk about it.

EDIT: I'm talking about the older ones, not the newer ones.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I cant seem to find my King of Air Pandora Box, so im in search for a new one. Cant believe there are so many available now but not sure which one does CGA 15khz. Can someone post the best one to use and i want to use it for vertical tate setup.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
You can literally buy a refurbished Dell PC off Newegg for about the same price as this piece of shit and connect the PC to any 15khz arcade monitor with a JPAC and also have a box capable of running the PC Street Fighter 4, 5, and Guilty Gear games.

This is a stupid product for no one. Emulation products made in CHYNAH are a complete waste of time. They don't give a shit.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
You can literally buy a refurbished Dell PC off Newegg for about the same price as this piece of shit and connect the PC to any 15khz arcade monitor with a JPAC and also have a box capable of running the PC Street Fighter 4, 5, and Guilty Gear games.

This is a stupid product for no one. Emulation products made in CHYNAH are a complete waste of time. They don't give a shit.

These Pandora Box cost between $40-$70. I've had the Pandora 3, 4s, & King of Air and they are pretty damn good for just plug and play. They have a nice interface and very easy for anyone to use.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
Yeah, if Dell is making $40 PCs, I sure as hell don’t want one.

He’s probably referring to older model Optiplex desktops. You can buy them for pretty cheap with a quad core CPU, and sometimes even with an i7 from a couple generations ago. At work we recycle a ton of these each year, so I usually grab a few for projects or to give to family. They’re somewhat popular for use with Konami rhythm games.