Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yeah my cab has two of those weird harnesses. I'm not sure what they do. I haven't torn the thing apart yet. There is a ton of extra wiring in it.

The adaptor comes with a separate kick harness to plug in there along with the rgb pass through wiring also.
View attachment 26280

Those plugs are for Naomi, not video at all, but for controls. For instance, you use those for the keyboard games.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
Funny you should ask...I found two packages waiting for me on the kitchen counter when I got home from work today....the PB3 that I exorcised from Kuze's life and the JNX adapter. Nice that they arrived at the same time. I only had a half hour with it so far and I have to say I'm happy with what I see so far. If you buy this with the expectation that you'll be getting a mixed bag of good, bad and ugly then there's no reason to be disappointed with this I feel. There's quite a bit more than $70 worth of good in there I'm sure.

I do have XBL but can't even remember the last time I've used it. I wish I lived closer so I could get my ass handed to me in person. The trash talk would make it all worth it I'm pretty sure.

Further to that....my son loves it!....so money well spent already. He played some Hyper Pac-Mac (he loves anything pac-man) and TMNT:TiT and was having a blast. TiT seemed to play very well. I have the real deal as comparison and the PB3 does a good job with it. I played some SF:A2 as well...so far it's light years ahead of that Blue Elf I had once upon a time. I'm sure I'll find a fair share of absolute stinkers as I dig through it a bit more though.

alsmoneo

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Further to that....my son loves it!....so money well spent already. He played some Hyper Pac-Mac (he loves anything pac-man) and TMNT:TiT and was having a blast. TiT seemed to play very well. I have the real deal as comparison and the PB3 does a good job with it. I played some SF:A2 as well...so far it's light years ahead of that Blue Elf I had once upon a time. I'm sure I'll find a fair share of absolute stinkers as I dig through it a bit more though.

Good to know the PB 3 is working well. I order mine a while back from Aliexpress as well, now just waiting for the JNX Supergun from James and also for the unit to arrive.

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
Yeah I bought a cab with a multi in it once for my nephews. They don't give a shit about the emulation quality or missing sounds or anything. They just have fun with it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

I still have my Blue Elf 2009 and I agree, the PB3 is light years better.

kuze

Akari's Big Brother
10 Year Member

Excellent, glad it arrived OK and that you're enjoying it!

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
I'm sure this has been asked, but how do you control the volume or access the service menu. I am using the my big red multislot with jammaboards converter?

pipes

I'm sure this has been asked, but how do you control the volume or access the service menu. I am using the my big red multislot with jammaboards converter?

Aside from the volume knob and test menu button on the box itself?

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm just a idiot for not looking...sorry

pipes

No worries.

So, you're using an MVS to Jamma converter......I'm pretty sure you'll need a Pandora to Jamma converter on there as well.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
From what I understand you don't need anything else, with the blue elf's you definitely need an extra converter but not with this one. Unless I'm mistaken? Anyone know for sure?

cornerstone

King's Dry Cleaner
It works with or without the converter but I believe you'll need some sort of kick harness or jamma rewiring to get the 6th button active. Maybe the 5th also. If you don't play the street fighter games then I wouldn't worry about it

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Ok that's what I thought but what is the best way to get a 5th and 6th button for a dedicated neo geo cab?

pipes

Ok that's what I thought but what is the best way to get a 5th and 6th button for a dedicated neo geo cab?

On a big red?.....there is no good way. I doubt you'd be willing to hack up that control panel for this. Time to buy another cab for those 6 button fighting games.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
...or get yourself a complete CP with harness included and work from there. I've seen them for sale for cheap money on ebay every now and then. This way you can rework the CP with the harness and have it quick disconnect and the whole nine yards. I have two set ups for my Big Red rev. 1 and 2 setups for my Goldie. It's awesome having the ability of doing that without compromising the integrity of the cab.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
On a big red?.....there is no good way. I doubt you'd be willing to hack up that control panel for this. Time to buy another cab for those 6 button fighting games.

I have something coming for this. Stay tuned.

theGau

Overtop Pathfinder
15 Year Member
Hmm intrigued but this, don't have a clue but definitely interested...but anyhow, my gf and I were playing turtles in time and on the 5th or 6th stage, where you are in 2020. The game's sprites decide to lower themselves completely off the screen where it was just a scrolling background and the occasional character popping up for a second at the bottom of the screen, anyone else experience this?

pipes

I believe version 2 had an issue with TiT where it became unplayable at a certain point so this doesn't surprise me. Welcome to the Pandora's Box.

Last edited:

Jonathan32

n00b
I also asked for a replacement for a dud power supply I bought from them like 2-3 months ago. First time, the guy replied an e-mail telling me he had some health issues, but everything would be OK. That was it. I still have the broken PS used as a paperweight here.

Regards.
Did you ever receive your adapter?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
How about a little preview? I'm dying to know what you have in the works!

You can ask Dave since he helped me with it, but since it looks like people are always copying my designs I'd rather not post anything until it's done.