Official Concert Thread: who have you seen lately?

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Saw Marilyn Manson last night, lot better show than the last couple years.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I travelled 7 hours each way to go to a punk festival to see The Vandals this week. Last time I got to see them was 2002, so it was worth the effort. They were still just as fun and energetic as they were back then, even with them being around 50 now.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Saw Def Leppard and Journey last night. Journey was pretty good but DL fucking killed it, one of the best performances I've ever seen. 12k people in attendance and every song a hit, the energy was pretty great.

If you get the opportunity to see DL do it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Saw Def Leppard and Journey last night. Journey was pretty good but DL fucking killed it, one of the best performances I've ever seen. 12k people in attendance and every song a hit, the energy was pretty great.

Seconded. Compared to their peers, the band is still relatively young and energetic. Joe Elliot can't quite hit those high notes like he used to but they still put on a hell of a show.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Smashing Pumpkins
The lady really wanted to go. I figured who knows when they'll tour again.

3hour set. Plays the hits in addition to lesser known songs. Voice is great. I had heard Billy Corgan on a podcast recently. He's a little more down to earth now, and admitted you have to play the hit songs and embrace it.

Lots of strange imagery. I dont know the SP mythos, but the art was lost on me.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I saw the Smashing Pumpkins last night in Los Angeles.
Show was great, they played a bunch of classics, and as always, they played a few covers including Landslide and Stairway to Heaven.

My girl enjoyed the show, and even commented on how Billy Corgan is more laid back. He was interacting with the crowd a bit, and didn't seem bitter or cold.

The last time we saw them she said it reminded her of someone there just to do their job, and get out as soon as possible.

Hopefully they come back to L.A. soon.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i'll be seeing Meat Beat Manifesto on the 22nd

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Small venue?
In which city?
Chicago, at the Metro. Pretty mainstream venue

Didn't know Jack Dangers was still performing
I was kind of surprised too. Especially because it's for Cold Waves, which is some industrial/dark music event where tons of similar bands perform over the course of a weekend or something. I know they are always lumped in with industrial dance music and whatnot but I was still surprised to see them on the lineup for something thats more oriented towards aggrotech douchebags and chemlab or whatever. MBM was the only band on the list that I was interested in seeing this year. I think Front 242 and Frontline Assembly are playing the events... already saw Frontline open up for RevCo earlier this year (or last year? i forget).

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Future Islands played here last night, surprised my girlfriend with an early birthday present. I love this dude's vocals live, I remember seeing them a few years back on Letterman and hearing the studio cuts, there was something missing. It's like he came from a hardcore band before this gig. Super recommended and really decent ticket prices for a good show.

Not sure if anything is on the calender, but mid-November I'm treating our newly-wed friends to Behemoth/At The Gates/Wolves in the Throne Room. I can't believe I finally have my chance to see At The Gates. I honestly might die at this show! :-J

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member

I was kind of surprised too. Especially because it's for Cold Waves, which is some industrial/dark music event where tons of similar bands perform over the course of a weekend or something. I know they are always lumped in with industrial dance music and whatnot but I was still surprised to see them on the lineup for something thats more oriented towards aggrotech douchebags and chemlab or whatever. MBM was the only band on the list that I was interested in seeing this year. I think Front 242 and Frontline Assembly are playing the events... already saw Frontline open up for RevCo earlier this year (or last year? i forget).

Nice. My older sister still says that Front 242 is the best show she has ever been to. Above Bowie, The Clash and Maiden.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
This is pretty koll, might go and see them in Germany or the Netherlands:
M43wobv.png

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member

Saw them with my girlfriend last year with Asia.They played some awesome solos. Vocalist nailed it too. We didn't go this year because neither of us are DL fans.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member

Saw Front 242 and Front Line Assembly at the Kinetik Festival in Montreal in 2011. The line for the club was around the building when F242 played. Meat Beat Manifesto hit their peak with Subliminal Sandwich & Actual Sounds and Voices.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I went to see The Scorpions last night with Queensryche opening. Queensryche sounded excellent, even without Geoff Tate. The Scorps looked rather elderly but performed a great set with surprising energy. Have to wonder if this will be it for them but I saw their first "final tour" in 2010 so you never know. I have to say, Mickey Dee was a fucking monster on the drums. .He was recruited by The Scorpions after Motorhead disbanded in the wake of Lemmy's death. I've been a fan of his since the early King Diamond days and it seems like his presence has injected new life into the band. He did an amazing solo and they also did a cover of Overkill in memory of Lemmy. I got a bit emotional at some points of the night. So many of our childhood heroes are aging, retiring or dying. Such is life I suppose so enjoy it while you can.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I saw today is the day and eyehategod last thursday.

Steve Austin and TITD should be (have been) famous millionaires

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
This is pretty koll, might go and see them in Germany or the Netherlands:
M43wobv.png

Utrecht isn't that far from my town. About 45 minutes by car or train. If you need a place to crash let me know.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Seeing Ozzy tomorrow with a new friend (unexpected) and then the MeatBeat Manifesto show I mentioned is on Saturday

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Went to see Phospherecent last week on the last day of their tour. I have really enjoyed their new album (C'est La Vie) and they were great live.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Saw Phil Collins tonight as part of his Not Dead Yet tour. That’s a big one ticked off the list. He can still belt out the tunes, but can’t reach those high notes anymore, which is understandable when he’s sitting down the whole time due to his accident. His young son did really well on drums.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Saw Phil Collins tonight as part of his Not Dead Yet tour. That’s a big one ticked off the list. He can still belt out the tunes, but can’t reach those high notes anymore, which is understandable when he’s sitting down the whole time due to his accident. His young son did really well on drums.

I like Phil Collins and it's good to hear he can still perform. My bucket list is getting one check in the form of Muse when they come to DC in April. The only other person on my list is Peter Gabriel. I missed his tour with Sting and I feel like I really need to see him perform live at least once. I hope he does at least one more tour in the States.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Not exactly a concert but I went to see:
Swanlake (classic ballet)
I loved it, sue me...