Official Concert Thread: who have you seen lately?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Went and saw Mary Timony last night formerly of 90s-era band Helium. Last time I saw her perform was at Lollapalooza, July 30, 1995.

I've come to the conclusion, after two shows and twenty-two years, that she sounds much better live. Last night's show was a bit brief though.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Went and saw Mary Timony last night formerly of 90s-era band Helium. Last time I saw her perform was at Lollapalooza, July 30, 1995.

I've come to the conclusion, after two shows and twenty-two years, that she sounds much better live. Last night's show was a bit brief though.

Hey what about me, I was there too. Both shows

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I went to see The Descendents on Sunday. Considering how old they now are, they were bloody good.

I also saw KT Tunstall with the girlfriend. It was alright.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Haven't been to a concert in ages, saw Autechre and Graveland last year.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Went to see Yngwie Malmsteen This past Monday in PHX. Show was good. Small venue, not a ton of people. Played a decent amount of his classic songs. Didn't really address the crowd to much though. Also seemed like he was yelling at the bassist and the piano player from time to time. He road crew guy also seemed to get bitched at from time to time. I painted this image in my head that the roadie was a family member of yngwie's who sucked at life and Yngwie felt bad so he gave him a job

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Anyone else check out U2's Joshua Tree tour? We went this past Sunday, staging was great and they all still sound good. Bono still cannot keep his trap shut tho.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Bands seen since the last time I posted in this thread:
Delain (again)
Hammerfall
Immortal Synn
Kobra and the Lotus
Epica

Also some godawful opening acts.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Went to Iron Maiden earlier this week, decent show but they are definitely showing their age. Ghost opened for them, and I thought they were pretty badass.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
I enjoyed seeing the Deftones again with Thrice. Their set started off a little rocky but by the 3rd song they we're rocking. The place I saw them in Durham was a decent little outdoor venue that was right in the heart of the city. Missed most of Thrice unfortunately but Rise Against was bearable ;)

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
Brought my kids to a crazy fun night of metal to kick off summer vacation. Killswitch Engage, All That Remains, Volumes, and Within the Ruins. Three Massachusetts bands (and Volumes) getting together for a great show! Their summer tour is 'tiki room' themed and KSE were rockin' pineapple shirts on a stage lined with led palm trees and pink flamingos. :D

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
That's pretty cool ^

tomwaits, since you like kse, have you ever heard aftershock? It was basically KSE before KSE in the 90's (it was 3/5ths of the band).

MissFaith

New Challenger
Went to go and see Iron Maiden at the O2 in London recently. Fucking awesome even if I was in the seating area. How they are able to perform with such energy these days is mind blowing. First saw them in the late 90's and they still smash it today. Will be a sad day when they finally retire.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Saw Brian Wilson on the Pet Sounds tour which was awesome and just got tickets for Die Antword in August.

tomwaits

NEST Puppet
10 Year Member
That's pretty cool ^

tomwaits, since you like kse, have you ever heard aftershock? It was basically KSE before KSE in the 90's (it was 3/5ths of the band).

It's neat to see where they started but I'm not really a fan of the growling vocals... I prefer something I can sing along to, at least for the chorus.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Last for me was Clark/Com Truise. Was hot.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Went to see Metallica in Houston a few weeks ago. DJ Magic Mike was the fluffer and Volbeat and Avenged Sevenfold opened. Good time.

Got the "Unforgiven" package, included this poster
IMG_7821.JPG

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Went to see Metallica in Houston a few weeks ago. DJ Magic Mike was the fluffer and Volbeat and Avenged Sevenfold opened. Good time.

Got the "Unforgiven" package, included this poster
View attachment 45437
Damn Volbeat and Avenged Sevenfold opened for metallica. I would have loved just to see one of them perform. They are all popular bands but I guess when the vets like Metallica ask you to open for them, you cant say no.

Last edited:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
I saw Deftones last Thursday. They were pretty good, haven't seen them in more than a decade. They look older for sure, but still rock. Too bad Chi is no longer around, he really brought a ton of energy to their shows. They played with Thrice and Rise Against. Thrice really just sounded a lot like Deftones, just a little different. Rise Against were okay I guess, not really my cup of tea TBH. Seemed like most of the Rise Against songs were very similar and many of the choruses sounded almost identical.

I need to start going to more shows again. I wish I would've went to see Tool a few weeks ago. Next time I guess.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Saw Poptone earlier this week, which you're saying who? Its Kevin Haskins and Daniel Ash from Bauhaus/Tones on Tail/Love and Rockets with Kevin Haskins' daughter on bass playing music from all those bands in one set. Pretty ace show really.

Marek

Banned
I saw Deftones last Thursday. They were pretty good, haven't seen them in more than a decade. They look older for sure, but still rock. Too bad Chi is no longer around, he really brought a ton of energy to their shows. They played with Thrice and Rise Against. Thrice really just sounded a lot like Deftones, just a little different. Rise Against were okay I guess, not really my cup of tea TBH. Seemed like most of the Rise Against songs were very similar and many of the choruses sounded almost identical.

I need to start going to more shows again. I wish I would've went to see Tool a few weeks ago. Next time I guess.

Chino doesn't play with the deftones anymore? Strange. I saw them play a few years back at the monster mash Halloween metal fest in Tempe, with tool primus Robb zombie, ghost and pusifer.

Anyway I have sad news. I just saw iron maiden (ghost opened), in mormontown usa and it was RAD. But apparently Bruce Dickenson's throat cancer is back... so idk if maiden is gonna be around with Bruce for much longer.

:(

Idk. It was all quite bittersweet. He killed, btw.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Does anyone hates douchers on their phone during concerts...Dude...stop, it doesn't matter, your footage will suck, there's tons better online, just enjoy the show, not even the best picture you'll take out of the bunch would even come close to what you can find online, just enjoy the show doucher!