Official Concert Thread: who have you seen lately?

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
I don't know how well you know the area, but if you do make it up here, I love playing tour guide. Just hit me up.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
I don't know how well you know the area, but if you do make it up here, I love playing tour guide. Just hit me up.

Well, I'm actually from Philly (Lansdale to be exact), so I know the area quite well. Most of my family lives in the surrounding area and Ive got some friends that actually live in the city too (you may know DJ Cutman and Squarepainter). Doesn't mean we can't meet up! I'll let you know if we decide too!

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Well, At the Drive-In just cancelled the rest of their tour. I was supposed to see them tonight. I've been waiting 15 years. Guess I'll be waiting some more. (The singer messed up his vocal cords. Surprisingly, they didn't cancel shows because of fighting within the band.)

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Well, At the Drive-In just cancelled the rest of their tour. I was supposed to see them tonight. I've been waiting 15 years. Guess I'll be waiting some more. (The singer messed up his vocal cords. Surprisingly, they didn't cancel shows because of fighting within the band.)

That sucks dude. I saw them like 15 years ago, and it was AMAZING! Hopefully they have a make-up date in your area.

bryan

Geese's Thug
So for this year I have made it to
Flaw
Black Sabbath
Green Jello
Disturbed (my 130th show)
Shinedown

Coming up is
Chevelle
Candlebox
Kiss
Manson
Weird Al
Tool
Black Sabbath yes again

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Seen Glassjaw twice this year. The following are upcoming:

Thrice
United Nations
Brand New
Minus the Bear
Assuming an At the Drive-In rain check in the fall.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
So for this year I have made it to
Flaw
Black Sabbath
Green Jello
Disturbed (my 130th show)
Shinedown

Coming up is
Chevelle
Candlebox
Kiss
Manson
Weird Al
Tool
Black Sabbath yes again

green jello still plays shows!!??? That is fucking awesome! ! I would love to see them.

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
green jello still plays shows!!??? That is fucking awesome! ! I would love to see them.

I got to see Green jello play here a few years ago with friends. Of course they were all about audience participation and my friend was on stage with them a bunch. I was taking pictures of all of that and I was kind of excited because they were going to be great pictures. When I got home, no film in the camera. I blame all the drinking that was going on. Fun show though, I had one of their video tapes that had all of their music videos. Think I lent that to a friend and never got it back.

Last edited:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Kamelot
Dragonforce
Children of Bodom
Rhapsody
Primal Fear

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Hands down the funnest show of the year!!!!! And it was the roughest mosh pit ever lol, even over the Manson riot.

The Master List.
http://www.setlist.fm/concerts/bryan_65

That sounds awesome.

Just thought I'd point out the setlist.fm is a fucking great site. I noticed while at the Cure show the other week that the sets are updated as the show is happening live. Also I noticed that you could find out which release you could find each song played. Could really come in handy if you see a band that plays a lot of b-sides and rare stuff.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
I've seen two really good shows over the past four days and I thought I would share.

Friday, October 7, I went and saw a local band, Japanese Breakfast, play at an unusual venue --batting cages. I totally recommend checking them out on bandcamp.

Last night, Monday, October 10, I went and saw DJ Shadow perform. This was an awesome experience as I realized I have been listening to this guy in fits and starts for twenty years now and it was great to finally see him in the flesh and experience his art first hand. His great audio repertoire was complimented by an awesome visual experience. He covered everything from Endtroducing to his latest The Mountains Will Fall and some stuff in between that he has released under aliases that I have never heard before.

For some reason I need to be constantly reminded how great music is to experience live in lieu of the expense and sometimes hassle.

Last edited:

Stacey Adam

New Challenger
Got to see Chrissie Hynde with the Pretenders and Stevie Nicks this weekend....yeah, I'm old as the hills....

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Saw Brand New play The Devil & God Are Raging Inside Me last month and I'm going to see Circa Survive play On Letting Go in January.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
This is upcoming but I bought a ticket for Perturbator next April in Hamburg, should be good.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I've seen two really good shows over the past four days and I thought I would share.

Friday, October 7, I went and saw a local band, Japanese Breakfast, play at an unusual venue --batting cages. I totally recommend checking them out on bandcamp.

Last night, Monday, October 10, I went and saw DJ Shadow perform. This was an awesome experience as I realized I have been listening to this guy in fits and starts for twenty years now and it was great to finally see him in the flesh and experience his art first hand. His great audio repertoire was complimented by an awesome visual experience. He covered everything from Endtroducing to his latest The Mountains Will Fall and some stuff in between that he has released under aliases that I have never heard before.

For some reason I need to be constantly reminded how great music is to experience live in lieu of the expense and sometimes hassle.

I've so enjoyed seeing music with you, gmoney. You have a fine critical ear-and enjoy on multiple levels (from time signature/musician geek critique to just-WOAH-*that* was dope!) which makes talking with you and hearing with you, special.

I missed the most recent Shadow show...but I still vividly remember seeing him at TLA in the late 90's w/ Jeru The Damaja as his opener. The was such a treat to hear some of the beats from Paris' early catalog, that DJ Shadow did under his government name thrown in.

Speaking of local Philly acts...I'm still holding out for Ralph Darden to come back to town, in some form. Either !Franklin reunion, or with The Jai-Alai Savant.

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
This is upcoming but I bought a ticket for Perturbator next April in Hamburg, should be good.

Nice! I snagged a ticket to Perturbator/Gost as well. Going to the Seattle show on 1/6.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
I missed the most recent Shadow show...but I still vividly remember seeing him at TLA in the late 90's w/ Jeru The Damaja as his opener.

You need to be opening for DJ Shadow, legit.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Went to see Steve Vai with my brother last week. It was the last stop on his passion and warfare tour. He played the whole album, and some extra songs as well. Concert was almost 3 hours long. It was a small venue (preferred) and pretty amazing. One of, if not my favorite guitarist of all time

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Eek-a-Mouse and it was awesome!
Saw Steve Vai last summer at a festival here, he was great, also saw Santana wich was a great performance too.

Setherial

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Hate from Poland. It was good, however, I did see them better. Oh well, next time I will see them anyways.

Next up: Neocaesar!

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
You need to be opening for DJ Shadow, legit.

*Blushes* Thank you.

I'm barely qualified to open a car door for him, and help with his bags.

ISP, DJ Swamp, DJ Shadow, DJ Krush, Peanut Butter Wolf, DJMercury, Paul C, DJ Too Tuff, Kut Master Kurt, Stretch Armstrong, and DJ Pam The Funkstress all paved my way...and made it status quo for non status quo DJs, to become legitimized.

Those of us that followed, stand on the shoulders of giants to reach our seats at the table.

Last edited: