Official Concert Thread: who have you seen lately?

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
I saw LITE in NYC in March and will be seeing Toe next month, they're both JP Post/Math rock bands and are hella solid.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
my buddy almost passed out at the Halestorm concert

I don't know if it was heatstroke or if he locked his knees or got too messed up or what (he only had one 24oz Heineken and like three puffs off my joint) but he started wobbling and almost fell over. if I hadn't caught him he'd have hit the floor face first. so I had to maneuver him through the crowd and over to the wall. went and got him some water and let him sit there a few hours and he was fine, but it was pretty odd. he's like four inches taller and 80 pounds heavier than I am too, so I'm sure it was a comical sight to see me essentially carrying him

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
One week from today, Ghost and Rae kick off the 20th Anniversary Purple Tape tour, doing Only Built 4 Cuban Linx in its entirety...First stop: Philly! So hype! Ticket in hand.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
scored 3 tickets to see the Black Sabbath The End Tour on Aug 21, 2016. literally the only thing I had ever relegated to my bucket list was to see Black Sabbath in concert before they kicked the can. I never thought it would happen, but here we go! got 3 seats in the first section behind the pit, about midway up located next to the mixing board. Now just so long as Tony's health holds up through the first stint of the tour......

famicommander

15 Year Member
scored 3 tickets to see the Black Sabbath The End Tour on Aug 21, 2016. literally the only thing I had ever relegated to my bucket list was to see Black Sabbath in concert before they kicked the can. I never thought it would happen, but here we go! got 3 seats in the first section behind the pit, about midway up located next to the mixing board. Now just so long as Tony's health holds up through the first stint of the tour......

I'm going to the February show in Denver. Can't wait.

Also going to Nightwish/Delain in CO Springs in March and Iron Maiden in Denver in April.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Going to see the "Get the Led Out" tour next Friday. Closest I'll get to seeing Zeppelin live, so I'll take it

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Last concert I went to was...Kreator...it was awesome, I jumped in the moshpit like a true warrior and went clothesline berserk a few times on this big fuck that was looking for a challenge, it was awesome, I even dropped kick his ass, he loved it! Some people mosh for keeps, others...this woman was trying to take pics of the concert with her cellphone right in the middle of the moshpit...lol it was a quiet moment, I don't think she realized where she was until all hell broke loose and her face went sour like a grapefruit...lol, I helped her out of there...then went back for moar moshing!

I cant' wait for Maiden in april! Oh yeah I'm also gonna see Black Sabbath next year, we'll see how that flies...

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
The business and the queers were the last two shows I went to. Both great fun.

Marek

Banned
Just saw coheed > primus > tool then next day ghost (so fucking good) > pusifer > deftones (max Caballero cameo too) > rob zombie

Best two days of music in my life

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
BUMP!!!

So it seems like summer is when a bunch of shows come around, so thought I'd get this thread going again.

Just saw The Cure last night. Got cheap tickets on stub hub just hours before the show. It was too good of a deal to pass up. Really glad I went. They played 35 songs for around two and a half hours or more. Played many of my favorites including "One Hundred Years", "If Only Tonight We Could Sleep", "Push", "Close to Me", among others. They played and sounded great. I've never seen them live before, and who knows how much longer their going to play live, so really glad I went.

A couple months back I saw Iggy Pop, that was pretty amazing. That tiny man sure knows how to rock and command a stage, almost made me forget my favorite band (pretty much) was backing him. Really was blown away with how great the show was, and I came into it with pretty high expectations.

Also saw Autolux a few days after Iggy. This is the third time I've seen them live, and they never disappoint. These guys really have perfected manipulating noise, feedback, and reverb into really great music. It's pretty obvious they know what they're doing. Great show.

Kinda bummed I didn't see Puscifer last they were here, atleast I've seen them before though. Looks like I'll miss the upcoming Claypool/Sean Lennon show, that could be really cool.

Anyone else see anything good lately?

famicommander

15 Year Member
Went to Black Sabbath in February, Nightwish w/Delain and Sonata Arctica in March, and Iron Maiden in April.

All three were great shows.

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
I've never been to a concert before. That and there really aren't "concerts" for the music I've grown up with. I would love to see Kraftwerk though(but they never come to the west coast).

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Just saw D.R.I. last month when they came through. They were always one of my favorite bands growing up, so it was a blast finally seeing them live. They played for like 2 hours or so, and they sounded fucking great! Played most of my favorites songs too.

Also just bought my ticket to see Marduk and Rotting Christ this September over in Seattle. I'm fucking stoked for that one! :buttrock:

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Basically like everyone I know went and I feel like a sucker for not going :(

Sorry to here that dude. I actually wasn't going to go, but changed my mind at the last minute. I bought my tickets about an hour and a half before the show.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
I Coheed and Glassjaw in April, then went to the So What fest the next day to see Underoath, Saosin and a whole bunch more. Now my wife and I are talking about traveling to Philly to see Ween in August.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Went and saw At the Drive In tonight. Pretty good show. The age demographic was basically kids of my era so it was cool not to feel like an aging hipster as I was amongst a sea of them.

Now my wife and I are talking about traveling to Philly to see Ween in August.

Ween, at their hometown show, should be good.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Went and saw At the Drive In tonight. Pretty good show. The age demographic was basically kids of my era so it was cool not to feel like an aging hipster as I was amongst a sea of them.

Ween, at their hometown show, should be good.

I saw At the Drive in years back, one of the most amazing shows I've seen. So much energy, crazy stage presence.

Marek

Banned
I'm going to see buckethead next month but my real dilemma here is wether to spring for riotfest in Denver because the misfits and everyone else will be playing there....

I'm going. I kinda have to.

Marek

Banned
I had a ticket to maiden in Denver but then I had to go ski alaska because it's frankly more important to me than music or anything else... still wanted to see maiden so fucking badly though. They better tour some more

gusmoney

10 Year Member
I saw At the Drive in years back, one of the most amazing shows I've seen. So much energy, crazy stage presence.

This is kind of what I was expecting, didn't quite live up to my imagined hype. Good show nonetheless.