Official Concert Thread: who have you seen lately?

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
TimeCop 1989, Gost, Pertubator and a bunch of others that opened for them

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Minus the Bear twice in October.

Every Time I Die and the Get Up Kids in December.

Thursday twice in Boston and twice in Brooklyn in March.

Earth Crisis in May.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Minus the Bear twice in October.

Every Time I Die and the Get Up Kids in December.

Thursday twice in Boston and twice in Brooklyn in March.

Earth Crisis in May.

Dude, you live in Mass, go find an underground gig of Unholy Vampyric Slaughter Sect.

oldschool

Cock Killer with Ice D,
Headed to a show tomorrow night. 3 local bands and Mean Jeans is headlining. Have any of you seen the band? I don't really listen to much newer music.

Following shows aren't until March...I will make it out to Baroness/Deafheaven and Misery Signals. :buttrock:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Caught Santigold last night. If you are spitting Too Live Crew verses, I am definitely at the right show.

Last edited:

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Went to At the Gates a few weeks back. Got backstage, met the band, got a few signings.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Caught Santigold last night. If you are spitting Too Live Crew verses, I am definitely at the right show.

She was Santogold for a couple of songs too. ;^)

This show was all the way live! It was a pleasure to take it in w/ you, g. The Fillmore sound crew was on the damn job, too.

Up next:

S T E R E O ((((((•)))))) L A B

Oh-I forgot to put this up, but I saw some friends from far far away last week:

7fa51eb2938f83e3341ddb2cc6929c9b.jpg

Name this guitarist, (world’s best-duh) and I’ll buy you a shock box!

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
She was Santogold for a couple of songs too. ;^)

This show was all the way live! It was a pleasure to take it in w/ you, g. The Fillmore sound crew was on the damn job, too.

Up next:

S T E R E O ((((((•)))))) L A B

Oh-I forgot to put this up, but I saw some friends from far far away last week:

7fa51eb2938f83e3341ddb2cc6929c9b.jpg

Name this guitarist, (world’s best-duh) and I’ll buy you a shock box!

You know that wrestling gold plated jewelry 80s infomercial scam guy from Baltimore sued her to change her name from Santogold?

Also

F you my friend! I’ve seen Stereolab at least four times and I saw the High Llamas back in the day with Luna. I got tix for Gusmoney and I to see Latetia Sadier solo last year when she was at Johnny Brendas. I didn’t even know tickets went on sale before they sold out.

Also is that teh guitarist from faith no more?

15EF3C2B-142C-477F-845F-F250E4BA3152.jpeg

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Lol @ FnM. They kicked Jim out a loooong time ago-around the time he lost his hair.

That is makoto kawabata from mainliner/ Acid Mother’s Temple.

That is sweet that you caught those shows...they haven’t been the same, since Mary passed away. ‘Lab tickets weren’t hard to scoop, if you are on the Stereolab email list. I’d show up looking for a scalper if I didn’t already have tix...this is their first tour in 10 years.

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
Saw David Byrne and Paul Simon last fall, Thom Yorke in December. Right now I have tickets to see Phil Collins, Built to Spill, Stereolab, and The Psychedelic Furs with James. I'm sure I missed a few.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Belle & Sebastian on Friday night. I think this was the fourth time I have seen them dating back to 2002. Easily the closest I have ever sat and the smallest venue, it was great.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Saw a bill with Karl Blau, Strand of Oaks, Hop Along, and Future Islands last night.

Really good show.

Listening a bunch to Blau now as he was unknown to me previously and it is damn good music.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Saw a bill with Karl Blau, Strand of Oaks, Hop Along, and Future Islands last night.

Really good show.

Listening a bunch to Blau now as he was unknown to me previously and it is damn good music.

He was on K Records forever, I was curious why he was playing a Philly benefit show as usually K artists are from the Northwest and I knew he was as well. I read an article that discussed he moved to Philly last spring with his family because it was cheaper than the Northwest. In the same article it mentioned Strand of Oaks played their last local show as he is moving to Austin.

Last edited:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Got VIP tickets to Tool in Nov. cause I'm a #richboy

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Going to Eric B. & Rakim w/ Gus$ in Nov.

We might touch pipis.

#medina_made_us_hg

Going to StereoLab w/ my wife, later this month. I’m not rich...but she is! ^____^

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Tool is faggot rock. Listen to death metal and slam

It's all good, got Morbid Angel, Obituary and Slayer this year still. Never trust anyone who only likes one type of music (case in point here)

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Mainliner is harder than any cassette in Medina’s tape deck.

And I’m friends with their guitarist irl-pic in this very thread.

He’s only friends with me, because I’m rich. It wasn’t until I got my 7th cab, that he would return my phone calls.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Mainliner is harder than any cassette in Medina’s tape deck.

And I’m friends with their guitarist irl-pic in this very thread.

He’s only friends with me, because I’m rich. It wasn’t until I got my 7th cab, that he would return my phone calls.

Screw you for getting to see Eric B and Rakim though, ya jerk. Paid in Full is #richboymusic

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Eh, I saw Mastodon with Slayer over a decade ago and they weren't my favorite, but they did a decent live show

I'm not a fan of Mastodon, but...they didn't start out as corporate rock.

But this guy's taste is probably so entry level...he never heard of them until they became that!