Official Concert Thread: who have you seen lately?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Who's on tour?

Who just rocked your face?

What sounds did you hear, that have altered your perception of reality forever?

This thread is for recent and current shows; hopefully, will give members a heads up/reminder of artists they like (or could like ;^)) that are actively touring ATM.

Tonight, my wife and I saw Neutral Milk Hotel in Wilmington, DE @ The Queen.

This was bucket list tier for us, and didn't disappoint!

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Supposed to see Rakim tomorrow night.

Looking forward to seeing that olde MC move the crowd!

statix138

Crossed Swords Squire
Last show I saw was Ghost. Great show and really enjoyed the set but the crowd left a bit to be desired. I like the band but hate the fan base; I feel old.

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Yo! Thx for the word...I might be able to make this one. Philly stand up!

Shoot me a PM if you do decide to go wataru.

Here is the flyer for anyone else that might be interested:

rakim-flyer.jpg

Zangrief

Kula's Candy
Heading to ATL tomorrow to catch Gov't Mule and Primus at the Sweetwater 420 Fest, maaaan.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
Square pusher is on tour right now

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
Last I saw was Flynt Flossy and co. Super fun show with lots of crowd involvement

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Saw The Get Up Kids a few weeks ago. Should be seeing Kaki King Thursday and have a ticket to see Refused in June.

scorponok

Not scorporock,
Saw Pig Destroyer a few months ago in Pittsburgh. It was the first time they played in Pittsburgh. They were great. Three other bands played before them. Eternal Sleep, Purge., and Egality. They were okay, not the style of music I listen to though.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Gonna see Mumford and Sons in Brooklyn in June, very excited for that since they are a hell of a band and I was disappointed when they broke up.

Cornerb0y

Krauser's Henchman
Saw Finch and Yellowcard few weeks ago. Went for Finch, and they killed it as usual. Trying to find a few concerts to goto this summer. I would love to go see Da La Soul, but I think they are playing a fest, and I'd rather see them in a smaller venue.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Refused last night

United Nations Friday

Possibly Dillinger and mutoid man next week

Refused and faith no more in a month or two

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
as stated earlier, went and saw GBH on my vacation in AZ. was a good show in a historic venue (used to be called The Mason Jar), some poor schmuck got hauled out on a stretcher with a bone protruding from their arm when Total Chaos played, sucks for them... the GBH dudes are getting old as hell, still put on a decent show though.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I just got home from Halestorm, The Pretty Reckless, and Star-something-or-other (opening act.. Starsense, was it? Stargaze? can't remember).

They played the Fillmore in Denver

it was a pretty good show overall. Lzzy Hale is way more talented than I thought she was; I had only heard their albums. Her voice holds up very well in person, and she also plays guitar and keyboards.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
The last gig I went to was Morrissey last month, which was excellent. He's not getting any younger, so I thought I better go see him while I still had the chance.

Next week I'm going to the Royal Albert Hall to see The Cat Empire, which should be quite an experience.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
was at movement at Detroit's Hart Plaza a few weeks ago

Squarepusher was far and away the best performer

alec

Hardcore Neoholic
15 Year Member
The last show I saw was Nocturnus a few months ago. I was not only amazed they still exist but that they came all the way out here for a single show. Nuclear War Now makes some crazy shit happen sometimes. Next show will be Slayer and King Diamond later this month. I just read that Talib Kweli will be performing a free show at the Stern Grove Festival this summer.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
Last show i saw was Billy Cobham, and Al Di Meola with my borhter and mother. It was a pretty great show. Lots of old ppl though

gusmoney

10 Year Member
Going to see Belle and Sebastian next Tuesday night at the Tower Theater, Upper Darby, Pa.

This will be my third time seeing them and I am really looking forward to hearing some cuts from the last album live as it is very good.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
Got a chance to see part/half of Neutral Milk Hotel play a set in Greenville NC nla and it was nice. Always loved In a Airplane over the sea.

NeoEsteria

n00b
Last concert I went to: SWANS

Amazing, but loud as hell. Just an all-encompassing aura of sound. Beautiful music. Unfortunately I had to leave a bit early as I had a lengthy commute home. I heard they ended up playing for like 2.5 hours.